Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario balance proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Scenario balance proposal

Post#21 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:24 am

Phantasm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:47 am I spent yesterday afternoon EU time doing event scenario by queing solo. Out of 10 pops only 2 were playable.
So basically I wasted 80% of my time to be a reward for premades.
That nonsense of 6 man groups being thrown against random groups of solo players is total gamebreaking. We had that for 8 years on live, we had that for 6 years of RoR. I understand that making a group is an effort that not everyone is able to do at certain times but its other way around.
People are rewarded with fighting random groups only because they got time to do a group. Guess which group will stop queing scenarios, log off and tell everyone that RoR is unbalanced game.
RoR staff got the power to cut that cancer out, but they didnt so far, guess why....
Beneficiaries of current queue system are clear here.
Simpliest change would be to split groups from solo players.
You play solo - you fight solo, you got time and people to play with in a group - fight other group.
I clicked thought your screenshots of group setup and this is actually what happens, when all queue with whatever they want and partially expect to have a winning chance.
Those weekend events don't cater towards solo players, they can participate but solo play isn't being promoted by those events. How often this has to be repeated?
You don't win solo when joining a group fight. You can't bring any class no matter what and expect to have a 50:50 chance.
To be blunt, not every event reward has to be earned by every player but there is no restrictive barrier for solo players, they most likely just need more games to get the same rewards.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Akilinus

Post#22 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:34 am

I would go duo and continue to farm in pug sc
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

CyunUnderis

Post#23 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:48 am

Phantasm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:47 am I spent yesterday afternoon EU time doing event scenario by queing solo. Out of 10 pops only 2 were playable.
So basically I wasted 80% of my time to be a reward for premades.
Beneficiaries of current queue system are clear here.
Simpliest change would be to split groups from solo players.
You play solo - you fight solo, you got time and people to play with in a group - fight other group.
Did you not get that time to build a party during yesterday afternoon ?

Phantasm

Post#24 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:50 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:24 am I clicked thought your screenshots of group setup and this is actually what happens, when all queue with whatever they want and partially expect to have a winning chance.
Those weekend events don't cater towards solo players, they can participate but solo play isn't being promoted by those events. How often this has to be repeated?
You don't win solo when joining a group fight. You can't bring any class no matter what and expect to have a 50:50 chance.
To be blunt, not every event reward has to be earned by every player but there is no restrictive barrier for solo players, they most likely just need more games to get the same rewards.
For many people as we are mostly 40y+ now weekends are only time when we can play.
You are saying that if someone is low geared, low RR, playing class they want and have fun with to **** off or queue in silence being killed 1 by 1 in scenario or afk the whole time. Behavior you defending brought us to 200-800 ppl online. Keep doing that so you will be last to turn off the light. Topics made like this one are to help that to prevent.
Last edited by Phantasm on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phantasm

Post#25 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:52 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:48 am Did you not get that time to build a party during yesterday afternoon ?
Thats solo player queue POV. If i made a group we would be the other premade farming solo players. Do you know where i`m going?

Sulorie

Post#26 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:50 am
For many people as we are mostly 40y+ now weekends are only time when we can play.
You are saying that if someone is low geared, low RR, playing class they want and have fun with to **** off or queue in silence being killed 1 by 1 in scenario or afk the whole time. Behavior you defending brought us to 200-800 ppl online. Keep doing that so you will be last to turn off the light. Topics made like this one are to help that to prevent.
Yes, it's a good time to come together with your guild and form groups. How about you skip event sc and exclusively queue pug sc? This is no seasonal event anyone can enjoy without any entry barriers. It's made to reward group play.
When you want to play dps and 11 others think the same, you most likely lose, if you get into the same sc.
When someone has the perception to be too low for sc, join an open warband.
It was never easier for solo players since live.
The thing is, sc are not won by solo players, they are won by players working together with a adequate setup of archetypes.
Dying is no option.

Phantasm

Post#27 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:59 pm

Yea, making a group for a event sc should be easy and painless, quick go in go out, who would want sweaty prem vs prem scenarios with low kills and taking ages /s

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#28 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:29 pm

Akilinus wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:05 am And when group scenarios takes 1h+ to q for?
let them go play gw2

Ads
Dabbart

Post#29 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:14 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:59 pm Yea, making a group for a event sc should be easy and painless, quick go in go out, who would want sweaty prem vs prem scenarios with low kills and taking ages /s
Lol. So you don't actually want to play the game, you just want to easily gear up on killing newbies while semi AFK.

Ffs. Complaining about a good close fight? Why the **** are you even on a PvP game...

Edit: and you argue to split groups from solo players. I don't get players like you. Go farm a PvE game if you want quick and easy action you can hop in and out of. PvP MMOs are different mate.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Akilinus

Post#30 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:39 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:29 pm
Akilinus wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:05 am And when group scenarios takes 1h+ to q for?
let them go play gw2
Why dont you go play gw2 since its you who have an issue with current system?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman