Recent Topics

Ads

You know why destro sucks?

Swarms of Destruction can annihilate any line of defence. Destruction players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
immdev
Suspended

Re: You know why destro sucks?

Post#11 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:33 pm

Kaelang wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:16 am If you get trash talked in game, right click and report.
People like you are the reason why bad players keep being bad.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#12 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:37 pm

immdev wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:33 pm
Kaelang wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:16 am If you get trash talked in game, right click and report.
Good take.

There's a difference between offering help, and trash talking someone.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

immdev
Suspended

Post#13 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 pm

Kaelang wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:37 pm
Good take.

If someone playing so bad it became frustrating to other people to the point they call him idiot, he should think why instead of blindly reporting because someone is a meanie on the internet.

Kaelang

Post#14 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:46 pm

immdev wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 pm
Good take.

If someone playing so bad it became frustrating to other people to the point they call him idiot, he should think why instead of blindly reporting because someone is a meanie on the internet.
Wrong.

I'd like to think we foster a community where we help players who aren't 10 year+ veterans of the game in a time where new players are looking at exploring the MMO genre and what is to offer. Such attitude is what leads to mutes and bans and then ends up with suspended players gaslighting the actions taken by those responsible for issuing the rightful action against such players.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

immdev
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:00 pm

Kaelang wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:46 pm
immdev wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 pm

Good take.

Wrong.

I'd like to think we foster a community where we help players who aren't 10 year+ veterans of the game in a time where new players are looking at exploring the MMO genre and what is to offer. Such attitude is what leads to mutes and bans and then ends up with suspended players gaslighting the actions taken by those responsible for issuing the rightful action against such players.
It's not wrong, that's how it worked for decades.
Being an overprotective mom for bad players results in people, who use sequencer and can't press 2 buttons by themselves. You can dream about community all you want, but ror have one of the least skilled players I've seen in my almost 23 years of playing mmos.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:54 pm

immdev wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:00 pm
It's not wrong, that's how it worked for decades.
Being an overprotective mom for bad players results in people, who use sequencer and can't press 2 buttons by themselves. You can dream about community all you want, but ror have one of the least skilled players I've seen in my almost 23 years of playing mmos.
You are under the illusion, that trash talking makes someone play better?
To use your example, be a mom first.
What you are doing is like dropping the baby in front of someones door and pissing on it.
Dying is no option.

Amdus

Post#17 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm

I didn't check, but. Doesn't the game have an in-built ignore function?

Kaelang

Post#18 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:03 pm

Amdus wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:57 pm
I didn't check, but. Doesn't the game have an in-built ignore function?
It does.

But the ignore feature doesn't invalidate toxic behaviour and such behaviour will be investigated, and actioned, when reported.

Ads
Martok

Post#19 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:10 pm

immdev wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 pmIf someone playing so bad it became frustrating to other people to the point they call him idiot, he should think why instead of blindly reporting because someone is a meanie on the internet.

Yes, yes, how modern and enlightened of you. Your wisdom has opened my eyes to the truth, and the truth shall set us all free! There are players within our midst whom some other players consider bad players and the very fact some players consider some other players bad is all the justification required to hunt them down and excise them from our midst! Use your aggressive feelings, boy, let the hate flow through you! Follow these players you deem unworthy into scenarios and call them out for the being the horrible MMO scum they are. Hunt them down like witches, burn their accounts, go to their houses and smash their computers! As you have shown us all, it is the Warhammer Way!

Or you could just shut the **** up and let people play.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Dabbart

Post#20 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:31 pm

There is a difference between criticizing someone's play, and insulting them. I criticize all the time. I am also a asshole. I feel sure I have been reported a whole bunch.

I've never been punished. I've been asked to tone it down a few times, and Penril straight told me to STFU once. But that's it.

I try very hard to never cross the line into insulting. If someone annoys you THAT MUCH, and you can't control what you say online, then YOU should put THEM on ignore. End it before you get too snappy. Whatever it is they are doing doesn't justify you attacking them. Rclick-ignore move on with your day.

There's nothing wrong with saying "Plz stop focusing the **** tank!" However, if you said "God you're a **** idiot!! You only hit tanks!" that is an insult, and generally a no-no in any walk of life. I hope you can see the difference.

Ontopic: Years ago, I was at a bar in Ireland. There was a man there, with not a penny to his name. Some local bought him a shot of whiskey, they toasted and drank it back. The penniless man then turned to the bartender and complained that the man didn't buy him a Pint. The shot was finished quick, whereas a pint would've still been there after the first drink.

OP reminds me of this man. From this thread, and the "ban me forever" thread. You literally could never do enough to keep the OP satisfied, or allow them to view their own actions rationally.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.