Recent Topics

Ads

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TheRetiredBrit

Post#1 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 am

Evening all, well I'm a 54 year old retired Brit guy living in Asia, Philippines. Moved over in 2017 due to the standard of living being very low in Asia, which means I can live very well.

Will be playing most days for 2-5 hours and only just started playing a Dwarf, Engineer. Having fun so far and plodding along with the quests.

I've looked at the beginners guide, so any other advice or tips would be good.

Hope to have fun, relax and enjoy myself.

Phil

Ads
Reivren27

Re: Newbie

Post#2 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:04 am

Hello, welcome and have a nice game! I advise you to join the guild.

TheRetiredBrit

Post#3 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:14 am

I'm still in the early stages of the game, but Is there a specific guild ? or many to chose from ?

Caduceus

Post#4 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:42 am

There should be plenty of guilds. Usually people ask for guilds in /5, the global LFG channel.

Also, if you're new to RoR it's probably worth mentioning that the game is heavily designed around group PvP, and the most common and effective way to level is by doing PvP from 1-40. This is because PvP gives renown, and your renown rank is what'll be more important in the long run. Don't worry, your level will always be boosted to put you somewhat on par with higher level opponents.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Cookiemanprime

Post#5 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:53 am

Guys is the server down? Every time I try to login to the server it disconnects my connection.

TheRetiredBrit

Post#6 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:42 am

yeah I cant log in, it must be down

Cookiemanprime

Post#7 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:19 pm

Hi guys, I wanted to know is magus bad?
I barely see them. I wanted to try his dot build.
Is it good?
Thx