Recent Topics

Ads

Some kind of joke ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Some kind of joke ?

Post#51 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:54 am

MedV wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:15 pm I dont mind the 10k price, you play the game to have fun and gear progression adds something to work for.

What I dont like is the "replica" part they put after. I am someone who loved rank and want to play but it is actually impossible for me to get a match. I am punished for making a toon after ranked died.

Just get rid of the "replica" title at the end.
and what about us people that have only started to play this year? by the time i got to rr60 (which i was advised ingame not to try ranked before rr60) on my main char, ranked was already super-dead, and i couldn't even find games in 8pm altdorf time during weekends. i mean wtf?
Xergon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:49 am
rejndjer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:40 am no solo ranked games in last <30 days.
Have you stop and think for a second, why is that ?
not enough pro players like you, i guess :D

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#52 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:49 am

Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:16 pmThe 10K price tag was a middle finger to the player-base, and still is.

I disagree.

And by disagree I simply mean I do not accept your underlying premise and am in no manner attempting to imply any disparagement or denigration upon you or any members of your friends, family, or any like-minded individuals within your social circles, nor upon the intellectual process which may or may not have led you to this conclusion nor to any related process thereunto.

The Devs have no middle fingers. I have learned this since becoming part of the RoR outer-circle which orbits around the RoR inner-circle. What they have is larger ring-fingers than the rest of us.

In addition I feel the price for this ring is fair considering the incredible sacrifice those who earned it through the Ranked SC process alone.

Thank-you for your time and attention.
you "feel" that this price is "fair" because of "sacrifice" of people that played the game mode behind which gear was gated? rip this game then. just shut it all down.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#53 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:15 am

Akilinus wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:45 am Stop pretending that the only reason you are not playing solo ranked is that it is now dead.

You did not play it when it was popping either way.
never got a chance. and as i've said on forums previously. if i wanted to play competitive 5v5 mmo i'd be playing gw2 right now. if i wanted to play competitive fast paced action i'd be playing cs. if i wanted to play competitive fast paced strategy i'd play dota2. all of the games i mentioned are 1) faster than WAR 2) more balanced and competitive.

Akilinus

Post#54 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:19 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:15 am
Akilinus wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:45 am Stop pretending that the only reason you are not playing solo ranked is that it is now dead.

never got a chance. and as i've said on forums previously. if i wanted to play competitive 5v5 mmo i'd be playing gw2 right now. if i wanted to play competitive fast paced action i'd be playing cs. if i wanted to play competitive fast paced strategy i'd play dota2. all of the games i mentioned are 1) faster than WAR 2) more balanced and competitive.
And if I wanted to zerg I would go play Starcraft.
Thank you.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#55 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:21 am

if you dont like playing with other people, maybe mmo is not for you? :D

TanithScout

Post#56 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Akilinus wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:19 am

Thank you.

You're kinda missing the point and just making this thread even more hilarious.

The core of this game are literally delusional, yet hold the power of game direction, RvR flow/changes, and gear progression. As such, anyone that disagrees needs to understand its a .PRIVATE. SERVER. The small delusional core of who the server is for. Who keep it running through spending their own resources which somewhat genuinely entitles them to this. The people that have, consequently, the power to make a 6V6 'skill based' game mode that uses your actual gear AND has gear rewards in what was an RVR game*. The server will always benefit them (cross realming no penalty. Doesn't facilitate experienced groups evening up campaign RvR. Only helps to farm on the zergiest side. Irony). A core that to whom this word 'zerg' has only negative connotations such is the elitism that breeds in this environment. RoR hides it well, but all the signs are there. Hence the prices.

The grind is homogenised to the extent its lost all flavour, has little meaning, is PURELY a means to an end rather than being a goal in that people will forego content, rvr/pvp fights, items, to reach that end rather than play the game, such is the ingame mentality thats filtered down through the playerbase now. As expected, it is yet anothe way that keeps the average player down so that what few premades there are can switch to Destro, farm players that aren't even buying RvR sets now, while avoiding each other. So much wrong with this. So ironic how smallscale 6v6 is the focus of the 'dark' server yet most participants avoid it in favor to hide their SoV gear. This is why Order is generally so bad outside of gwb/guildgrp's. There's no reasonto try to improve because Destro crossrealmers will farm the **** out of them with their SoV sets they have currency for 20 times. Noone wants to practice vs 'the best' in Scs and rvr isn't conducive to this as it once was. Easier on destro because of the skill/gear disparity among imo 70% of the caasual playerbase. So the server stagnates and its reflected in the rvr capability of the realms. Stagnate until an entire guild decde to swap. Which just does the same to the other realm. No realm pride to defend yourselves, no reason to fight for your names, crossrealmer premades just swap and avoid each other or hedge their bets because why actually play to your detriment and challange yourselves. If they can even be bothered to field a 6man coordinating each tactic slot nowadays. The toxic attitude is that 'we are premade, you do not deserve anything' is delusional. Totally. Crossrealm guilds upset balance in the long run better than solve it. The lock needs to be brought back and last A WEEK MINIMUM. The game is a farming simulator as a result and people don't even know they're being farmed rather than playing. It's okay, do what you gotta do, but put SOME restrictions on it for the White Dwarfs sake. It is not okay to switch realms for every fort, regardless of what you put into the server.

Ranked and the currency situation is a result of the delusion and endemic elitism found at the servers core. This isnt the sprawling rvr of WAR its 6v6 crossrealm keep simulator. Once you realise this, it gets easier.

*That noone outside of what I am going to estimate was was 40 people or less actually wanted. An RvR game that was inherently built around the exploitation and manipulation of ''zergs' by small groups, outnumbered but never outgunned (the skills of which not only have been forgotten, but extinguished). And casual, normal, average players wanting to Waaagh against these groups and each other (who can barely keyboard turn themselves to run away nowdays let alone understand the nuance of movement in this game. Even 'premades'. Theres no reason to try to show people what can be done, they think they know. Its sad. A
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Whyumadbro

Post#57 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:53 pm

this!

Akilinus

Post#58 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:11 am

TanithScout wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Thank you.

The core of this game are literally delusional, yet hold the power of game direction, RvR flow/changes, and gear progression. As such, anyone that disagrees needs to understand its a .PRIVATE. SERVER. The small delusional core of who the server is for. Who keep it running through spending their own resources which somewhat genuinely entitles them to this. The people that have, consequently, the power to make a 6V6 'skill based' game mode that uses your actual gear AND has gear rewards in what was an RVR game*. The server will always benefit them (cross realming no penalty. Doesn't facilitate experienced groups evening up campaign RvR. Only helps to farm on the zergiest side. Irony). A core that to whom this word 'zerg' has only negative connotations such is the elitism that breeds in this environment. RoR hides it well, but all the signs are there. Hence the prices.

The grind is homogenised to the extent its lost all flavour, has little meaning, is PURELY a means to an end rather than being a goal in that people will forego content, rvr/pvp fights, items, to reach that end rather than play the game, such is the ingame mentality thats filtered down through the playerbase now. As expected, it is yet anothe way that keeps the average player down so that what few premades there are can switch to Destro, farm players that aren't even buying RvR sets now, while avoiding each other. So much wrong with this. So ironic how smallscale 6v6 is the focus of the 'dark' server yet most participants avoid it in favor to hide their SoV gear. This is why Order is generally so bad outside of gwb/guildgrp's. There's no reasonto try to improve because Destro crossrealmers will farm the **** out of them with their SoV sets they have currency for 20 times. Noone wants to practice vs 'the best' in Scs and rvr isn't conducive to this as it once was. Easier on destro because of the skill/gear disparity among imo 70% of the caasual playerbase. So the server stagnates and its reflected in the rvr capability of the realms. Stagnate until an entire guild decde to swap. Which just does the same to the other realm. No realm pride to defend yourselves, no reason to fight for your names, crossrealmer premades just swap and avoid each other or hedge their bets because why actually play to your detriment and challange yourselves. If they can even be bothered to field a 6man coordinating each tactic slot nowadays. The toxic attitude is that 'we are premade, you do not deserve anything' is delusional. Totally. Crossrealm guilds upset balance in the long run better than solve it. The lock needs to be brought back and last A WEEK MINIMUM. The game is a farming simulator as a result and people don't even know they're being farmed rather than playing. It's okay, do what you gotta do, but put SOME restrictions on it for the White Dwarfs sake. It is not okay to switch realms for every fort, regardless of what you put into the server.

Ranked and the currency situation is a result of the delusion and endemic elitism found at the servers core. This isnt the sprawling rvr of WAR its 6v6 crossrealm keep simulator. Once you realise this, it gets easier.

*That noone outside of what I am going to estimate was was 40 people or less actually wanted. An RvR game that was inherently built around the exploitation and manipulation of ''zergs' by small groups, outnumbered but never outgunned (the skills of which not only have been forgotten, but extinguished). And casual, normal, average players wanting to Waaagh against these groups and each other (who can barely keyboard turn themselves to run away nowdays let alone understand the nuance of movement in this game. Even 'premades'. Theres no reason to try to show people what can be done, they think they know. Its sad. A
Sorry not going to read all that.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
TanithScout

Post#59 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:38 am

Akilinus wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:11 am
TanithScout wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Thank you.

Sorry not going to read all that.

Thats cool. I don't play ranked after getting 1600+ MMR the first season I tried it because its a joke also. But I'm not sorry.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Gladiolix

Post#60 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:56 am

Funny thing is, most people who get the ranked ring, pretty much never use it. Why? Because their character is "Done", in BiS gear, nothing to achieve anymore. So they either quit all together or reroll a new character.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+