Recent Topics

Ads

Some kind of joke ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Omegus

Re: Some kind of joke ?

Post#21 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:59 pm

TBH the 10k price was just as insulting as adding "replica" on the end of it to protect the egos of a few players of a dead game mode which had little-to-no basis in reality of how the game functions.

Considering all the ward changes that have happened, that gear is Invader level and should be priced accordingly.

I'd also like a refund of war crests equal to the difference between the 10k I paid and the sensible price it should be set at, whatever that might be.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
MedV

Post#22 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:15 pm

I dont mind the 10k price, you play the game to have fun and gear progression adds something to work for.

What I dont like is the "replica" part they put after. I am someone who loved rank and want to play but it is actually impossible for me to get a match. I am punished for making a toon after ranked died.

Just get rid of the "replica" title at the end.
The King.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:49 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:59 pm Considering all the ward changes that have happened, that gear is Invader level and should be priced accordingly.
Tbh, I wouldn't rank it at the same level as invader, even if it was put in the same tier. :)

Considering I bought a 2nd sov set instead of picking the jewel, I for sure appreciate a price reduction but on nevertheless the jewel is BiS in most set combinations. You don't actually need it, it only gives you the icing on the cake.
See it as long time goal. Most players are pretty decently geared with sentinel jewel.
Dying is no option.

Xergon

Post#24 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:23 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:13 am
Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 am
Anoobyz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:43 am So i come back after some time and I found u merge all coins in one currency and its awesome change but some stuff just dont make sense like :

I mean really ? 9999 coins for the ring....its like full Sovereign set like wtf guys, i know lot of ppl will write go PVE get ur sentinel ring etc....
....well if u guys did not notice PVE extremely suck in WAR (get group etc) and lot of ppl playing it cuz of PVP,RVR like me ...

So I suggest u guys change orice or implement some accessory from RVR so i can implement my stalwart wich i have 5 pieces atm.....ty best regards...
You have no idea how many ppl are laughing and happy that u can get that ring w.o need to play ranked, its considered cheap, as it is actually endgame gear.
For ppl that play years and have 4 stack 9999 sure. But new ppl dont think so.
Oh so because new ppl are starting playing game, the price of endgame gear should be reduced... amazing logic.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Omegus

Post#25 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:26 pm

It was end-game for vets as we all had Sov and this was something new to upgrade the Sentinel ring and low-tier Sentinel set bonuses with. For new characters - especially with the ward system - this gear is reached before Sov and has no special access requirements.

wachlarz

Post#26 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:33 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:23 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:13 am
Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 am

You have no idea how many ppl are laughing and happy that u can get that ring w.o need to play ranked, its considered cheap, as it is actually endgame gear.
For ppl that play years and have 4 stack 9999 sure. But new ppl dont think so.
Oh so because new ppl are starting playing game, the price of endgame gear should be reduced... amazing logic.
U grind 6 years, all need ? amazing logic

oaliaen

Post#27 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:47 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:59 pm TBH the 10k price was just as insulting as adding "replica" on the end of it to protect the egos of a few players of a dead game mode which had little-to-no basis in reality of how the game functions.

Considering all the ward changes that have happened, that gear is Invader level and should be priced accordingly.

I'd also like a refund of war crests equal to the difference between the 10k I paid and the sensible price it should be set at, whatever that might be.
Replica or not they still get mad when see it being selled by 9999... :mrgreen:
Anyway, its the right price imo, triump is the last set they put ingame so you farm it after sov/warlord.

Omegus

Post#28 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:13 pm

oaliaen wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:47 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:59 pm TBH the 10k price was just as insulting as adding "replica" on the end of it to protect the egos of a few players of a dead game mode which had little-to-no basis in reality of how the game functions.

Replica or not they still get mad when see it being selled by 9999... :mrgreen:
Anyway, its the right price imo, triump is the last set they put ingame so you farm it after sov/warlord.
Vale Walker was put in after Sov/Warlord. Should that be farmed afterwards too? :D

Whatever Triumphant/Victorious was at the time it was launched, it is not anymore. And even when launched, it was a terrible idea to lock it behind 6v6 team deathmatch when the regular scenario gear progression was stuck at Oppressor. Triumphant/Victorious is now a basic gear set purchasable by all and in the Invader ward tier and should be priced accordingly, including the ring.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:34 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:13 pm Whatever Triumphant/Victorious was at the time it was launched, it is not anymore. And even when launched, it was a terrible idea to lock it behind 6v6 team deathmatch when the regular scenario gear progression was stuck at Oppressor. Triumphant/Victorious is now a basic gear set purchasable by all and in the Invader ward tier and should be priced accordingly, including the ring.
I don't think the whole set has to be acquired easily. When you use it as improved vanq/opp you don't need cloak and jewel. It offers more set bonus than other sets in the bracket but as it is used as endgame gear, some pieces can take longer to get.
You can consider all main pieces as "basic" gear.
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#30 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:34 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:13 pm Whatever Triumphant/Victorious was at the time it was launched, it is not anymore. And even when launched, it was a terrible idea to lock it behind 6v6 team deathmatch when the regular scenario gear progression was stuck at Oppressor. Triumphant/Victorious is now a basic gear set purchasable by all and in the Invader ward tier and should be priced accordingly, including the ring.
I don't think the whole set has to be acquired easily. When you use it as improved vanq/opp you don't need cloak and jewel. It offers more set bonus than other sets in the bracket but as it is used as endgame gear, some pieces can take longer to get.
You can consider all main pieces as "basic" gear.
Why single that ring specifically out though? There's plenty of items that form end game gear but the decision was made that the ring on an Invader-level set would cost as much as a full set of end-game armour. The pricing of that ring - compared to every other ring and set - is completely out of whack and out-dated in the current gear system. The sets should be priced according to their tier as you obtain it, not some combo you can do with later tiers of armour sets. And if that combo is so good, then increase the price of the later tier sets instead.

The 10K price tag was a middle finger to the player-base, and still is.