Recent Topics

Ads

Some kind of joke ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
joroth

Re: Some kind of joke ?

Post#41 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm

This weird gate keeping mentality is weird. If 99% of the player base doesn't want to play a game mode its not because it's "too hard" its just in a bad state and not fun. Punishing people for not playing something thats unplayable seems dumb.

As someone whos only played for 7 months that has an 80 and will have a 2nd one soon. Nothing in this game is hard its just a grind. If you put 500 hours into any char you will be full bis no matter the skill level. All lowering the price of one ring would do is make the game more enjoyable. I dont see the negitive here?
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Ads
Elemint

Post#42 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:18 am

joroth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm Nothing in this game is hard its just a grind. If you put 500 hours into any char you will be full bis no matter the skill level.
Getting the ring was both hard and a grind. The less you wanted to grind the harder it was. There was no guarantee you were gonna get it no matter how many hours you put in, until ranked weekly. This is the sentiment that priced the ring at 10k, and considering people would rather grind 10k than play ranked for it proves the price tag is fine. On most classes it's not worth the bother getting it over sentinel ring, which is 3 runs away. If it was in it's own unique slot i'd understand the chafing, but adequate replacement is dirt cheap, so why cry over it?

joroth

Post#43 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:10 am

Elemint wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:18 am
joroth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm Nothing in this game is hard its just a grind. If you put 500 hours into any char you will be full bis no matter the skill level.
Getting the ring was both hard and a grind. The less you wanted to grind the harder it was. There was no guarantee you were gonna get it no matter how many hours you put in, until ranked weekly. This is the sentiment that priced the ring at 10k, and considering people would rather grind 10k than play ranked for it proves the price tag is fine. On most classes it's not worth the bother getting it over sentinel ring, which is 3 runs away. If it was in it's own unique slot i'd understand the chafing, but adequate replacement is dirt cheap, so why cry over it?

Its less crying and more questioning why is it like this when litterally every other item was changed and made way easier to get because we acknowledged that it didn't make sense. The item is basically a very very minor upgrade or garbage for everything i play. I just think the "quit crying git gud" is a stupid reply to every time someone questions the price.
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Martok

Post#44 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:23 am

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:44 pm
Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pmI disagree.

And by disagree I simply mean I do not accept your underlying premise and am in no manner attempting to imply any disparagement or denigration upon you or any members of your friends, family, or any like-minded individuals within your social circles, nor upon the intellectual process which may or may not have led you to this conclusion nor to any related process thereunto.
I would like to nominate this response for "Forum Post of the Year".

It is truly a thing of beauty and the only thing of value in this thread.

Thank-you.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

needforsneed

Post#45 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 am

You don't need the Victorious ring or any of the set for day to day warband shittery.

TanithScout

Post#46 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:37 am

lol
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Xergon

Post#47 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:06 am

joroth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm This weird gate keeping mentality is weird. If 99% of the player base doesn't want to play a game mode its not because it's "too hard" its just in a bad state and not fun. Punishing people for not playing something thats unplayable seems dumb.

As someone whos only played for 7 months that has an 80 and will have a 2nd one soon. Nothing in this game is hard its just a grind. If you put 500 hours into any char you will be full bis no matter the skill level. All lowering the price of one ring would do is make the game more enjoyable. I dont see the negitive here?
If u think that 6v6 is not hard the be my guess and create team of 6 and fight other teams in TeamRankedQ, u will get that ring in no time... since its not hard...

There is no gatekeeping nor punishing. You want reward, then work for it, its just that simple. There was no replica before and ppl were commiting to get the gear through gameplay, now they added replica so slackers and all non-tryhards can get that gear and ppl still are not happy...

As you can see ppl prefer to pay the 9999 price than actually play the mode so i guess its too cheap maybe ?

joroth wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:10 am

Its less crying and more questioning why is it like this when litterally every other item was changed and made way easier to get because we acknowledged that it didn't make sense. The item is basically a very very minor upgrade or garbage for everything i play. I just think the "quit crying git gud" is a stupid reply to every time someone questions the price.
If you think that this price is too high and u cannot afford it then simply DONT BUY it, there is no magical powers that force u to get that ring or any other item. You want to get that item because u know its good, so if u value that item then work for it. If you think that upgrade is VERY MINOR and does not fit ur gameplay, then DONT BUY it...

Price doesnt make sense for you but it does a lot sense for a lot other players, so pls do not try to enforce ur view over other players.

I have 24 characters and i have this ring on only 4 and i do plan to get it on almost all my characters and im willing to pay the price, although i would prefer that solo ranked would pop again...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#48 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:40 am

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... olo_ranked

no solo ranked games in last <30 days.

and THE ONLY people who think 10k crests is cheap, are people that play 24/7 for years. can you pls spare us, thx :)

Ads
Akilinus

Post#49 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:45 am

Stop pretending that the only reason you are not playing solo ranked is that it is now dead.

You did not play it when it was popping either way.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Xergon

Post#50 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:49 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:40 am no solo ranked games in last <30 days.
Have you stop and think for a second, why is that ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube