Recent Topics

Ads

Some kind of joke ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Martok

Re: Some kind of joke ?

Post#31 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:16 pmThe 10K price tag was a middle finger to the player-base, and still is.

I disagree.

And by disagree I simply mean I do not accept your underlying premise and am in no manner attempting to imply any disparagement or denigration upon you or any members of your friends, family, or any like-minded individuals within your social circles, nor upon the intellectual process which may or may not have led you to this conclusion nor to any related process thereunto.

The Devs have no middle fingers. I have learned this since becoming part of the RoR outer-circle which orbits around the RoR inner-circle. What they have is larger ring-fingers than the rest of us.

In addition I feel the price for this ring is fair considering the incredible sacrifice those who earned it through the Ranked SC process alone.

Thank-you for your time and attention.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
joroth

Post#32 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 am
Anoobyz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:43 am So i come back after some time and I found u merge all coins in one currency and its awesome change but some stuff just dont make sense like :

I mean really ? 9999 coins for the ring....its like full Sovereign set like wtf guys, i know lot of ppl will write go PVE get ur sentinel ring etc....
....well if u guys did not notice PVE extremely suck in WAR (get group etc) and lot of ppl playing it cuz of PVP,RVR like me ...

So I suggest u guys change orice or implement some accessory from RVR so i can implement my stalwart wich i have 5 pieces atm.....ty best regards...
You have no idea how many ppl are laughing and happy that u can get that ring w.o need to play ranked, its considered cheap, as it is actually endgame gear.
force people to pay 9999 crests instead of a gamemode 20 people play is a silly idea. As a NA player in 7 months ive been in 2 ranked games.
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Martok

Post#33 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 pm

joroth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pmforce people to pay 9999 crests instead of a gamemode 20 people play is a silly idea. As a NA player in 7 months ive been in 2 ranked games.

At one time Ranked was much more active, and players did grind through to gain the associated gear. In all seriousness I believe the price is a reflection of that fact, an acknowledgement of the efforts of those who played the ranked system. I played ranked as well, and although it bred a somewhat toxic environment it was both fun and demanding.

I feel the price is fine.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

joroth

Post#34 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:09 pm
joroth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pmforce people to pay 9999 crests instead of a gamemode 20 people play is a silly idea. As a NA player in 7 months ive been in 2 ranked games.

At one time Ranked was much more active, and players did grind through to gain the associated gear. In all seriousness I believe the price is a reflection of that fact, an acknowledgement of the efforts of those who played the ranked system. I played ranked as well, and although it bred a somewhat toxic environment it was both fun and demanding.

I feel the price is fine.
id feel like it would be fair if ranked was actually active, instead, people feel punished and forced into the 9999 crests id love to "earn" it the way it was intended.
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Asderas27

Post#35 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:22 pm

99% of this server doesnt need the ring so stop whining
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Omegus

Post#36 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:26 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pmThe Devs have no middle fingers. (I've delete the ring-puns :P)
Remember the change to war crests? Devs refused to release the conversion chart from old currency to new currency (even when a version of it had leaked) so people couldn't make informed choices about what to buy or not buy. Players were encouraged to spend all their old currency as it would be worth less, then after the war crests went live the Triumphant/Victorious rings couldn't be bought with crests so people with spare spent them on other random stuff. After all that, a few weeks later once a huge amount of war crests had left the system THEN the Triumphant and Victorious rings were available for an absurd amount of war crests. And of course, the war crest version had "replica" slapped on the end of it to make it very clear that you had not bought it through ranked.

Yep, that was a middle finger. IIRC how the conversion process was handled in general was so popular internally that we lost a dev over it.
Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pmIn addition I feel the price for this ring is fair considering the incredible sacrifice those who earned it through the Ranked SC process alone.
This is a fun game. I want Warlord and Sovereign back to being obtainable through city sieges only. It's only fair considering the incredible sacrifices people made doing cities at random days and times (including waking up at 3am for cities... Spring 2020 was wild). I had all 3 sets farmed in 3-4ish months of cities, my sacrifice deserves recognition and to be repeated by all who come after. While we're at it, let's get the Sentinel ring back to needing 13 runs of the city dungeons which were on a 4 day lockout timer, so that was 7 weeks at the minimum to get it. Only fair considering the time it took people to get the item when it was first introduced. Oh, and please add "Replica" to any Sovereign piece purchases with war crests. Only fair for those of us who got them with royal crests in cities.

See how daft that line of thinking is? Keeping the ring at 10k crests is ROR's version of this trolley problem meme:
Spoiler:
If the people who obtained it through ranked need something to feel special, I'm sure an exclusive cape with the words "I got 50 wins at over 1000 MMR in 6v6 cross-realm team deathmatch, and all I have to show for it now is this lousy cape" written on it can be provided.
Last edited by Omegus on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Akalukz

Post#37 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:19 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:26 pm
Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pmThe Devs have no middle fingers. (I've delete the ring-puns :P)
Remember the change to war crests? Devs refused to release the conversion chart from old currency to new currency (even when a version of it had leaked) so people couldn't make informed choices about what to buy or not buy. Players were encouraged to spend all their old currency as it would be worth less, then after the war crests went live the Triumphant/Victorious rings couldn't be bought with crests so people with spare spent them on other random stuff. After all that, a few weeks later once a huge amount of war crests had left the system THEN the Triumphant and Victorious rings were available for an absurd amount of war crests. And of course, the war crest version had "replica" slapped on the end of it to make it very clear that you had not bought it through ranked.

Yep, that was a middle fingle. IIRC how the conversion process was handled in general was so popular internally that we lost a dev over it.
Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pmIn addition I feel the price for this ring is fair considering the incredible sacrifice those who earned it through the Ranked SC process alone.
This is a fun game. I want Warlord and Sovereign back to being obtainable through city sieges only. It's only fair considering the incredible sacrifices people made doing cities at random days and times (including waking up at 3am for cities... Spring 2020 was wild). I had all 3 sets farmed in 3-4ish months of cities, my sacrifice deserves recognition and to be repeated by all who come after. While we're at it, let's get the Sentinel ring back to needing 13 runs of the city dungeons which were on a 4 day lockout timer, so that was 7 weeks at the minimum to get it. Only fair considering the time it took people to get the item when it was first introduced. Oh, and please add "Replica" to any Sovereign piece purchases with war crests. Only fair for those of us who got them with royal crests in cities.

See how daft that line of thinking is? Keeping the ring at 10k crests is ROR's version of this trolley problem meme:
Spoiler:
If the people who obtained it through ranked need something to feel special, I'm sure an exclusive cape with the words "I got 50 wins at over 1000 MMR in 6v6 cross-realm team deathmatch, and all I have to show for it now is this lousy cape" written on it can be provided.
This was worth reading the whole thread. I feel that anyone that played at any Renown Rank Cap should have a special title and an automatic boost to RR255, and anyone that never had their character's renown ranked capped should have a replica title they are forced to wear.
-= Agony =-

lemao

Post#38 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:23 pm

Why are 99,5 % of you guys so obsessed at reducing the Triumphant/Victorious ring cost when all you do is running boxes in RVR anyways ?

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#39 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:44 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pm I disagree.

And by disagree I simply mean I do not accept your underlying premise and am in no manner attempting to imply any disparagement or denigration upon you or any members of your friends, family, or any like-minded individuals within your social circles, nor upon the intellectual process which may or may not have led you to this conclusion nor to any related process thereunto.
I would like to nominate this response for "Forum Post of the Year".

It is truly a thing of beauty and the only thing of value in this thread.

Xergon

Post#40 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:34 pm

joroth wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pm
Xergon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 am
Anoobyz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:43 am So i come back after some time and I found u merge all coins in one currency and its awesome change but some stuff just dont make sense like :

I mean really ? 9999 coins for the ring....its like full Sovereign set like wtf guys, i know lot of ppl will write go PVE get ur sentinel ring etc....
....well if u guys did not notice PVE extremely suck in WAR (get group etc) and lot of ppl playing it cuz of PVP,RVR like me ...

So I suggest u guys change orice or implement some accessory from RVR so i can implement my stalwart wich i have 5 pieces atm.....ty best regards...
You have no idea how many ppl are laughing and happy that u can get that ring w.o need to play ranked, its considered cheap, as it is actually endgame gear.
force people to pay 9999 crests instead of a gamemode 20 people play is a silly idea. As a NA player in 7 months ive been in 2 ranked games.
well wat can i say, better start promoting and encouraging players to try their chances in solo ranked :roll: or do the grind and pay the price, as u can see, ppl prefer to pay the high price than actually fight...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube