Recent Topics

Ads

Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Let's talk about... everything else
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Post#71 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:07 pm

needforsneed wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:57 pm
Secrets wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:05 am
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am Dev was salty they were exclusive to ranked and set them to 9999 non-ranked to force them into the non-ranked realm of availability, then quit the team shortly after so they never moved again.

They're essentially a ranked reward. If you want them, get people to play ranked and earn the ranked currency. Or we might end up discontinuing ranked for lack of interest and retire all the rewards.
You can just tell people it was me. Serves us all better if there's transparency with the decision.
One of the best decisions I've ever made was making that ring nonexclusive. There's no reason to hide my name from that decision.

Exclusive non-cosmetic rewards to a competitive mode that no one plays and exists to be gamed by an elite few doesn't serve anyone but those who gamed it.
The population isn't ever going to be high enough to sustain ranked. I'd recommend closing the mode and keeping in the .challenge command (without rewards) that allows you to challenge another team, so that the mode serves its existing purpose without being able to be gamed.
Thanks for killing my gamemode because you couldn't hack it past 0 mmr. Enough people were playing it to have 3 or 4 games ongoing at a time but eventually it fizzles out each season. Why that is would be another topic of its own. Ror is designed around grinding gear and if everything was including rr80 was free, few people would be playing it. I don't enjoy box running, shitty siege, forts, or keep takes. Can we remove that? **** you for killing the only fun thing left about ROR.
It wasn't your gamemode, it was mine, I coded it in my spare time. Others on the team co-opted the mode by adding rewards to it. I only went along with adding rewards to ranked because MaxHayman and the rest of the devs requested it. At the time, we had over 2500 online on RoR and my hope was that we'd have healthy matchmaking going forward. We did not.

My individual skill has nothing to do with the game mode losing popularity each season and everything to do with that same attitude driving away interest in the game mode each season, which made the game mode unplayable each season.

Ranked was meant as a friendly way to compete between players and automate the 6v6 scene NA had created. Ranked was not intended as a way to automate rewards for the top 10% of players in a gamemode that saw a small portion of the overall population participate.

City is the same way mind you - but City has privilege over this game mode because City existed on live, ranked did not.

Ranked fizzles out each season because of people like you and your self-entitled attitude. People were forced to participate because of the rewards. I called the team out on a bluff - people were only queueing for ranked for the rewards. I was correct; every season since the exclusive ranked item was removed has been dead and the same small group of people who enjoy the mode try it occasionally.

No one wants to suffer through a competitive game mode where individual character progression gets locked behind having to deal with your snarky attitude. I proved that by removing the exclusiveness of character progression - the ranked ring, and the 24v24 community later proved that again with unified currency with regards to the City Siege gamemode.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#72 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:45 pm
SuperStar wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:36 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 pm Something else to keep in mind, there will be more gear sets. We're not done yet. Ranked sets might be the best that were earned from scenarios, but we still have Darkpromise and Tovl to introduce with the ROR twist that would be comparable. That might be a BIS ring today, but it's not planned to be forever.
Do not remove the access to get a gear and left them on on others imo, it make injustice feeling. Not healthy and not good.
I'm just talking, not making a decision.

My personal feelings regarding that feeling of injustice? You didn't do anything to earn it. Sometimes the world moves on before you get a chance, sometimes you show up too late. That's life. If you want ranked gear the best option would be to support ranked as a game mode and make noise about getting it tweaked and restarted. Complaining the ring costs too much or might disappear before you get a chance isn't reasonably actionable. It's supposed to be difficult to earn in the first place. If that difficulty no longer exists, then it would be much more unjust for the people that already earned it the hard way to have their accomplishments turned to piss so the non-ranked majority can just... have it. Reminds me very much of when they were selling sov gear on live for gold, gross.
My personal opinion was and still is that the Weekend Warfront needs to be converted to give access to the ranked gear if ranked was removed.

Participate in a Weekend Warfront, and you can get the Insignias as rewards for each Weekend Warfront. Different live event influence ranks would give different amounts, so you could get the medallion of brawn/perseverance, the stalwart soulstone, the ring (with maybe, say, 3 weekends done?), etc.

The Victorious/Triumphant gear would go down in price based on how many you'd completed similar to how ranked MMR would adjust your prices. It'd have a bottom limit identical to ranked.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#73 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:24 pm

dwyur wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:59 pm I don't thnk removing another game mode & purpose for BiS players to play the game is good for the server.
I think it'd be fine to keep in, especially if it only is going to be used by endgame players. That's how it was in the NA scene that inspired the mode - they'd pre-organize their tournaments, or spars, etc, ahead of time on Discord or some out of game communication.

However, the mode needs to give normal scenario rewards and be monitored for kill trading / abuse like any other scenario. That's why the sparring command needs to stay in.

SuperStar

Post#74 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:05 pm

Guys IAM not a dev but I can see many higher problem and priority than abuse/delete/change the ring or ranked.

Let it be.

I would like to ask leave as it are now.

Hunt bugs think about balance, do tovl etc.

Don't touch the gear.

Most important add some cool appearances for 9999 and Perma mounts too.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#75 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:12 pm

SuperStar wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:05 pm Guys IAM not a dev but I can see many higher problem and priority than abuse/delete/change the ring or ranked.

Let it be.

I would like to ask leave as it are now.

Hunt bugs think about balance, do tovl etc.

Don't touch the gear.

Most important but some cool appearances for 9999 and Perma mounts too.
Hey this guy told us not to do anything, guess that's the end of the conversation.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#76 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:12 pm Hey this guy told us not to do anything, guess that's the end of the conversation.
Sounds good. Lock thread?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#77 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:44 pm

Secrets wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:42 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:12 pm Hey this guy told us not to do anything, guess that's the end of the conversation.
Sounds good. Lock thread?
Nah, I'll just go find something else to do. Good to see you around as always.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gargis

Post#78 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:38 pm

Wargrimnir, this post is against my self interest because I have the ring on a few toons.

I disagree that removing the access to it in the future would not be significant. On my RP, having a 5/4 set up with the ring allows me with the 4 pce Tri bonus to forego Resto Burst tactic and replace it with Ancestors Inheritance w/o getting ap starved.

The above with Regen Shielding proc gets me to 70.4% physical damage mitigation. Correct me if I'm wrong but no other cloth healer can do that, not even Zealot.

Also, on my IB, I can go 6/3 and do a tri spec on 2H that provides Oathbound, +25% parry w/o being stat starved that not even the 5/3 Sov/WL set up can do.

So, if there is consideration of not allowing future access to the ring in any form, then there might be some imbalances.

I prefer a level playing field for all, and if you decide to remove in from ppl in the future, I would not get upset if you removed it entirely from the game, even at my loss.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#79 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:56 pm

Gargis wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:38 pm Wargrimnir, this post is against my self interest because I have the ring on a few toons.

I disagree that removing the access to it in the future would not be significant. On my RP, having a 5/4 set up with the ring allows me with the 4 pce Tri bonus to forego Resto Burst tactic and replace it with Ancestors Inheritance w/o getting ap starved.

The above with Regen Shielding proc gets me to 70.4% physical damage mitigation. Correct me if I'm wrong but no other cloth healer can do that, not even Zealot.

Also, on my IB, I can go 6/3 and do a tri spec on 2H that provides Oathbound, +25% parry w/o being stat starved that not even the 5/3 Sov/WL set up can do.

So, if there is consideration of not allowing future access to the ring in any form, then there might be some imbalances.

I prefer a level playing field for all, and if you decide to remove in from ppl in the future, I would not get upset if you removed it entirely from the game, even at my loss.
They aren't going to remove it from people; if anything it would be nerfed to uselessness like the Imperator 2pc set was. Removing the set bonuses and jewel slot would be a way to remove it.

I don't think the itemization work should be wasted, and the entire set should be a step up from Oppressor gear.

Whyumadbro

Post#80 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:07 pm

Perma Ranked Mounts would be great, or for each season limited. The gamemode has nothing to do with the devs, many people dont wanted to play ranked because some people got memed at, made fun off and publicly called out - wich is mega toxic. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN THO - 10m nonstop action. Cosmetics should be a drive to play ranked imo - not the gear. I want for example a seasonal bear mount, would be realy nice.

Thanks to the devs who created ranked. Many people are spoiled and dont keep in mind, that you are no game company.