Recent Topics

Ads

Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Let's talk about... everything else
cmraz

Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Post#1 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:29 am

Just looking for a quick explanation on the reasoning behind the 9999 WC Replica jewels.

Recently been seeing more and more people mention getting the 9999 replicas before getting Sov/wl gear etc... (Not sure if trolls)...

But I also want to know why they're 9999 and so valuable as BiS?

My assumptions:
- can only equip 1 jewel in the set (replica acts as a second)?
- can use sentinel talis?
- helps towards set bonus
- is there actually hidden stats/abilities like the description on the item implies/infers?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Replica jewels.... Clarification please.

Post#2 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am

Dev was salty they were exclusive to ranked and set them to 9999 non-ranked to force them into the non-ranked realm of availability, then quit the team shortly after so they never moved again.

They're essentially a ranked reward. If you want them, get people to play ranked and earn the ranked currency. Or we might end up discontinuing ranked for lack of interest and retire all the rewards.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:05 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am Dev was salty they were exclusive to ranked and set them to 9999 non-ranked to force them into the non-ranked realm of availability, then quit the team shortly after so they never moved again.

They're essentially a ranked reward. If you want them, get people to play ranked and earn the ranked currency. Or we might end up discontinuing ranked for lack of interest and retire all the rewards.
Hey man, I don't think it's particularly wise to incite panic over buying this item when it has a 9999 War Crest cost and threaten to take it away. Now I'm worried the item will disappear and those who got it get to thrive while those who didn't do ranked or weren't able to no life their way to 9999 crests miss out.

For clarification - if ranked was removed would there be a different way to acquire this item or would the team for real delete the ability to get it?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:18 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:05 am
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am Dev was salty they were exclusive to ranked and set them to 9999 non-ranked to force them into the non-ranked realm of availability, then quit the team shortly after so they never moved again.

Hey man, I don't think it's particularly wise to incite panic over buying this item when it has a 9999 War Crest cost and threaten to take it away. Now I'm worried the item will disappear and those who got it get to thrive while those who didn't do ranked or weren't able to no life their way to 9999 crests miss out.

For clarification - if ranked was removed would there be a different way to acquire this item or would the team for real delete the ability to get it?
Why should a reward for a game mode that doesn't exist be left in the game? There's plenty of rewards that go away when the ability to earn them is gone.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wonshot

Post#5 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:18 am Why should a reward for a game mode that doesn't exist be left in the game? There's plenty of rewards that go away when the ability to earn them is gone.
The limmited events, like cosmetic rewards from live-events and such sure. But have there actually been any case of actual sets being removed on RoR?
The closest example i can think of were the case of availability disappeared but the item remained/got removed was the 2piece Overlord set from Seals, but those items are still purchaseable in capitals.

While the logic does make sence, that these really strong sets where you could go up and get 9 setbonus mixes instead of the previous 8 is really strong. But as much as that logic makes sence, players in most games and especially mmos where timeinvestment and character progression is such a pillar of what makes the genre different than "press play" lobby games should maybe also be a factor to look at.

Your server your rules, but taking such a big timeinvestment grind item out seem abit drastic?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#6 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:44 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:18 am
Why should a reward for a game mode that doesn't exist be left in the game? There's plenty of rewards that go away when the ability to earn them is gone.
Then the only alternative to sentinel ring, with different stats, is gone. It's already bad that such a good item has e.g. healer stats, so off spec healers are left out.
Dying is no option.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:48 am

wonshot wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 am
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:18 am Why should a reward for a game mode that doesn't exist be left in the game? There's plenty of rewards that go away when the ability to earn them is gone.
Your server your rules, but taking such a big timeinvestment grind item out seem abit drastic?
Looks like chucking the toys out of the pram and having a tantrum that people didn't play ranked and punishing them for not doing so, tbh. I'm sure that's not the aim, but it certainly will come off that way. To destroy a whole set of gear when the game already has so little variation to work towards anyway is really spiteful in my eyes.

Xergon

Post#8 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:01 am

cmraz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:29 am Just looking for a quick explanation on the reasoning behind the 9999 WC Replica jewels.

Recently been seeing more and more people mention getting the 9999 replicas before getting Sov/wl gear etc... (Not sure if trolls)...

My assumptions:
- is there actually hidden stats/abilities like the description on the item implies/infers?

Before, ring and whole ranked gear was available only through ranked currency, u had to play mode to get currency so u can buy stuff.
Now they made it available literally for anyone w.o need to play ranked... and ppl are stilly crying... just sad whiny players nothing more...
It cost 9999 if u wanna get it ez way, non tryhard... it cost much less if u actually play the game mode...
Maybe ppl would be more happy if Replica would be removed again :roll:
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Haojin

Post#9 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:29 am

wonshot wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 am Your server your rules, but taking such a big timeinvestment grind item out seem abit drastic?
i think he's just being sarcastic.

i think.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:36 am

Xergon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:01 am
cmraz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:29 am Just looking for a quick explanation on the reasoning behind the 9999 WC Replica jewels.

My assumptions:

Before, ring and whole ranked gear was available only through ranked currency, u had to play mode to get currency so u can buy stuff.
Now they made it available literally for anyone w.o need to play ranked... and ppl are stilly crying... just sad whiny players nothing more...
It cost 9999 if u wanna get it ez way, non tryhard... it cost much less if u actually play the game mode...
Maybe ppl would be more happy if Replica would be removed again :roll:
i hope it gets removed because pro players like you :)