Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] A bit lost !

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Searinox93

[WH] A bit lost !

Post#1 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:34 am

Hi

I just landed on the server a few days ago and I must admit I'm a bit lost!

Generally, I've always known which class to go for in MMOs. During the "live" I was playing marauder and the feeling was rather pleasant even if I only stayed on the game for a very short time. The problem is that I have no idea of which class to play and it will depend on my way of approaching the game (in community, solo, or with a friend in duo)
Currently I am testing WH and WL in parallel. The WH seems to suit my playing style but it seems very fragile and dependent on its stuff to be effective. I learned it with my first RVR sessions by dying a lot. The WL seems (for the moment) to bore me a little. Maybe it will change with levels.

According to you, can I have fun with a WH being a total beginner ? Am I going to have trouble finding a guild/community to play with (PVP content but also PVE)? What advice would you give for stuffing in solo ?

I am well aware that this question often comes up on the forum but I have mixed feelings about continuing the leveling or stopping it here.

Searinox

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: [WH] A bit lost !

Post#2 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 am

Welcome to the server!

low lvl characters do not give a full perspective of what the classes are capable of when in end game lvl and gear, but what i can say is that every class is good in this game. however it really depends on your playstyle what class suits you. for solo play WH is excellent and also his durability will raise alot with lvl. WL is also good for soloing but lacks stealth so prepare to get rolled over by WBs alot. on the other hand WL is more liked in groups where WH is not very welcome due to his lack of AOE abilities.

my advice is just play what feels best for you and dont give up. your character will get mightier the better gear you can aquire.

Searinox93

Post#3 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Thank you for your reply,

I will persevere and maybe I will find some people with whom play in little group. I'm sure this class will be fun. is it useful to buy gear with war tokens at lower level or it's better to keep it ?

Searinox

Lileldys

Post#4 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:16 pm

Both can put out strong Single Target DPS.
WH is "easier" due to no pet management, and you have easier access to CC.
WL is highly mobile with a heavy burst focus. WL will become more fun when you get pounce.

WL is a bit more innate tanky, where WH need tricks to get their defences.

WL is better AOE last time I checked for large scale PVP, but small scale, both classes are well matched

inoeth
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Searinox93 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:12 pm Thank you for your reply,

I will persevere and maybe I will find some people with whom play in little group. I'm sure this class will be fun. is it useful to buy gear with war tokens at lower level or it's better to keep it ?

Searinox
at lvl 15-16 you want to get your keeper set from altdorf sewers, then geht some rvr/sc gear (annihilator, mercenary) till around CR 35, then you keep on with pve sets, red eye from GB, sentinel from CT and bloodlord from BS.
these sets provide you with vanquisher and invader wards so you can equip warlord/sovereign gear later on. however you want to buy the actual vanquisher set for both classes (invader sets suck for melee DPS). 5 vanq+ 2 senti will carry you to RR70+ where you can switch to sov/warlord

Searinox93

Post#6 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:22 pm

Ok thank you Inoeth for these useful information. It will help me :)
I will continue to search the forum a bit for the rest (build and other tips)

Searinox

inoeth
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:51 pm

take a look at this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

be carefull though, stats might not be 100% correct