Recent Topics

Ads

My fix to "endless" zones.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hulgore
Suspended

Re: My fix to "endless" zones.

Post#11 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:51 pm

I enjoy the current spawn of the Witch of the North in Praag, I think it helps at making RvR more eventful.

Like described by OP, sometimes RvR gets boring as nothing really happens. Having NPCs spawning in the lakes could serve as a catalyst to force the factions at fighting each others in a specific place

Ads
gyps

Post#12 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:35 pm

Place another 4 BOs in the middle of PVE PQ's that are capped uppon completion of the PQ....ORVR zones opens and gets bigger perhaps more versatile.

Sinisterror

Post#13 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:50 pm

Bring back Battlefield Objective Champion guards and NPC supplycarrier so players can focus on Fights=) Change aoe dmg cap to 12 for ranged dmg dealers, 9 for everyone else. Special kind of attacks hits target + 5. Like Devour Essence.

Make RoR RvR Meaningful and fulfilling again!

The GCD on both AoR and RoR is 1.15 seconds. We know this is the case because the client allows abilities to be used 1.15s into the displayed 1.5s GCD as long as you get your timing right. If you invoke the ability too early, it will be blocked until the 1.5s GCD is up.

We previously had the server enforce the 1.5s GCD hard, and it resulted in client casts being cancelled.

PLS REVERT GCD CHANGE;(
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Emissary
Community Management

Post#14 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:06 pm

I like Secrets proposal he had said a few months ago:

*Make BOs random spawned and the longer they are defended the more contribution is given towards the keep take.
*Have boxes drop in the zone in just random places to encourage moving around the zone.

My thoughts:

*Bring back the NPCs at the BOs.
*You could honestly do like LOTD where NPCs spawn and try and take back BOs
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Streblo

Post#15 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:15 pm

I like this idea.

One thing I would add to it is an incentive to reduce the amount of PvDoor – adjust the reward system for hopelessly defending keeps/forts.

Currently, if you know you’re going to lose a fort, there’s not much incentive for you to even show up. Because of x-relaming concerns and the possibility of intentionally throwing forts, I don’t think you want to over-incentivize losing, but you need enough of a carrot to kickstart people showing up and perhaps even mount a successful defense.

What about a 24 or 36h ‘Valiant Last Stand’ buff to anyone who defends and loses a keep/fort (or a tiered buff for keep vs fort)? It doesn’t have to be major but something like +2% renown (and stacks with renown pot) would probably help fill out defenses even in ‘forgone’ conclusions.

Lileldys

Post#16 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:17 pm

I've been away for a while, so sorry if I'm wrong, but my view is that there's no real "progression" to the cities. It's just an event that happens every few days. Sure a fort lock adds a point to whom attacks/defends, but its all feels a bit pointless.

Why'd you need the realm to work together when you're handing out BiS gear every 4 days?

Would be nice to see more BOs created, and BOs open at Random, either when the zone opens or after X minutes in zone. Mix the usual zone layouts up. it's been be the same BOs for a long, long time.

gyps

Post#17 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:25 pm

Lileldys wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:17 pm I've been away for a while, so sorry if I'm wrong, but my view is that there's no real "progression" to the cities. It's just an event that happens every few days. Sure a fort lock adds a point to whom attacks/defends, but its all feels a bit pointless.

Why'd you need the realm to work together when you're handing out BiS gear every 4 days?

Would be nice to see more BOs created, and BOs open at Random, either when the zone opens or after X minutes in zone. Mix the usual zone layouts up. it's been be the same BOs for a long, long time.
Yeah scheduled cities are not of my taste either....there was some pressure back then when you saw 1 realm locked, the second locked and then bang!!! city siege..no matter the hour no matter the day no matter anything, but we need to change the way of sieging, bos, supplies before turning back to this system as well otherwise is going to be always a matter of Blob numbers

joroth

Post#18 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:17 pm

AgentSlevin wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:15 am I agree that BFO need to play a bigger role in ORVR as well as Scenarios. However IF BFO give exp/rr/inf buffs, contribution to keep stars therefore to the player as well...

We have seen alot of proposal in the past and good ones like this one... but i will play devils advocate to this one and these are some fo the negatives that might happen from doing this:

As it stand (for my time zone, EU prime time) only a few defend /siege a keep and then we have complains for PVdoor, low RR and boring game play.

Possible scenarios for this BFO upgrade:

1. Star move too fast on the keeps resulting in no defender in the keep. IF the keep levels fast and people dont have "enough" time to response to the leveling there is a chance that they will be no one in the keep as they will be cutoff from the attacking forces. Resulting in boring siege, low RR gains for those in the siege while the roaming WB will benefit and possible force other to say why siege and not roam to get more RR..resulting in slow sieges endless maps until they are no more kills and one side get bored and sieges to change map out of boredom.

2.People will cap BFO during siege to get more RR/EXP/INF and buff the siege weapons are suggested here and more will go to kill them for the same reason leaving minimum amounts to siege / defend. This might have the opposite effect that move the map forward. They will keep chasing kills in BFO to get max RR/EXP/INF and not siege.

3. Assuming that one side might want to siege.. and the other wants to stay on the BFO for gains and a siege starts with less than what is needed to siege then this will result in example the defender rushign the small numbers of the attackers and wiping them. Side effet of this will be alot fo complains ..why you dont help to siege, etc... and possible intersify ex-realming.

4. Sceanrios playing a bigger role in ORVR...sure i love Sc. Never the less this will take people from the lakes and it will good to control the blobing. However in NA times that the server population is less than 350 this might result in not enough number to siege or to have that 20% most are looking for to start a siege. Further more this could result in the usual complains premades Vs pug situation. This could either make pepel group up which i hope for but most likely it will make people not play and roams around BFO to get RR/EXP/INF.

5. Taking in consideration that alot of people (not all) like to play is all the about are true then i would expec to see an increase in solo roaming classes and/ or grouping of those creating the usual aggrevations for the smae class grouping.

6. All that will result in new player bad experience?.
I completely agree and will try and respond to these, this is just a rought draft idea to put artificial time caps on zones so they dont go on for hours and can get us into the other zones. like no 6 hour stalemates while we wait for one faction to log off.

1. I don't think the BO's will give enough for it to move "too fast" if every BO's only gives 25% of one of them from box spawns. Caping all 4 will just end up add the contribution of just an extra BO's and odds are if you're holding all 4 you're gonna control the zone anyway.

2. I don't think we should add this change. I think we should tip toe and slowly implement one thing at a time instead of doing major overhauls. I think the "BO giving buffs" would be cool to try it for like a weekly event just to play test it. But don't think Standing at a BO should ever offer any buffs.

3. I think in the future a change i'd like to see is buffed the reknown from being at a keep and killing lord by 2-3x so it's almost a "we have to be there", but i also want to reward the defenders with Reknwon heavily too. I think right now sometimes if say Order has 200% aao, you know destro are gonna just smash the keep why even go? If you gave defenders a Reknown bonus for at least trying to defend you could really capitalize off of the AAO and would promote more defenses or lure the "Xrealmers" onto the other side to balance the pop. This would help to fight PVDoor.

4. As someone who loves SC's i don't like how many people expectially during double exp weekend/weeks it takes out of RVR. I do think this is a special case and most of the time people will rvr anyway, but i don't want to add incentives for people not to be in the world.

5. i'm Biased here so ill admit i love small group/solo roaming to warband play. I think the game feels best (for me) when you get 12v12 Warband/SC/Citys. The game feels the worst to me when you have 1-3 24 man warband blobs just rolling everything over. I think we should encourage less blobbing. again iI am biased on this point.
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#19 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Hulgore wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:51 pm I enjoy the current spawn of the Witch of the North in Praag, I think it helps at making RvR more eventful.

Like described by OP, sometimes RvR gets boring as nothing really happens. Having NPCs spawning in the lakes could serve as a catalyst to force the factions at fighting each others in a specific place
That would be so awesome to have some Nurgledemons pop up - would be even in game lore fitting.

Aethilmar

Post#20 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:37 am

There was already a solution in the game for being stuck in a single zone all day and that was zone lock timers. They removed them when they stopped making winning the campaign for city a thing. Could just add them back in and the main motivating problem would be solved.

Also, you are essentially describing the original (WAR) implementation system for zone locks minus the PQs. Essentially every zone would eventually move towards 100% completion and cap based on keep, BOs, kills, PQs and SCs. However, the devs have repeatedly (minus the last set of changes) wanted to make people "earn" their victories and have shied away from any kind of "auto complete" mechanics. Have to ask them why they have been so adamant about it.