Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
CLKRUN

Re: [Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Post#21 » Mon May 22, 2023 5:22 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:00 pm
gyps wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:49 pm I keep believing its a .Net problem, try it this way.

Open Crossover, click install, browse ".Net 4" and when it asks where you want to install it select "New bottle" then proceed to select the win 7 64 bits. This would be a different method to create a bottle, rather than create the bottle and then start adding software to it.

First two .net will install fine, then it will install .Net 4 and extended (its a bundle) and the errors you mentioned will pop, just click close each time (I counted 4 of them)

This is the result:

Perhaps there's something messing around when you create first the bottle and then install it afterwards..tried to contact you in discord but you were not available, let me know how it goes :)
It sounds very plausible that it's related to .Net - but I've tried various versions, both from Crossover's software list and directly downloaded from Microsoft, in various bottles and none of them seems to "fix" it. I also tried your suggestion above - with the same end result. When I try to launch the game, the game client pops up in my dock for a few seconds and then closes down with no error messages or anything. It's almost like something isn't connecting as it should. Bummer :( Are there any firewalls or something like that on Mac, that I'm not aware of?

I also replied to you in Discord with a bit more details, so check that when you get the time.

And thanks for your help in trying to figure this out!
Same issue here. Also with PlayonMac, Wineskin & Crossover.
Did you solved it?

Ads
gyps

Post#22 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:02 pm

CLKRUN wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:22 pm
Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:00 pm I also replied to you in Discord with a bit more details, so check that when you get the time.
Did you solved it?
Hi there, we did try many things to solve that problem but he kept having troubles..I keep believing its a .NET issue and its not downloading stuff properly...could you retry the process but under another routher / connection? I wonder if there's some issue with that.

Specialpatrol

Post#23 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:46 am

CLKRUN wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:22 pm
Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:00 pm
gyps wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:49 pm I keep believing its a .Net problem, try it this way.

Open Crossover, click install, browse ".Net 4" and when it asks where you want to install it select "New bottle" then proceed to select the win 7 64 bits. This would be a different method to create a bottle, rather than create the bottle and then start adding software to it.

First two .net will install fine, then it will install .Net 4 and extended (its a bundle) and the errors you mentioned will pop, just click close each time (I counted 4 of them)

This is the result:

Perhaps there's something messing around when you create first the bottle and then install it afterwards..tried to contact you in discord but you were not available, let me know how it goes :)
It sounds very plausible that it's related to .Net - but I've tried various versions, both from Crossover's software list and directly downloaded from Microsoft, in various bottles and none of them seems to "fix" it. I also tried your suggestion above - with the same end result. When I try to launch the game, the game client pops up in my dock for a few seconds and then closes down with no error messages or anything. It's almost like something isn't connecting as it should. Bummer :( Are there any firewalls or something like that on Mac, that I'm not aware of?

I also replied to you in Discord with a bit more details, so check that when you get the time.

Did you solved it?
Sorry for the late reply - only just noticed this.

But no, never managed to solve it, so gave up on getting the game to run directly on MacOS through Crossover etc. Instead I went back to making a Windows partition and installing the game there.

If you manage to get it to work, by all means post the solution here!
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

BluIzLucky

Post#24 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:37 am

Maybe the new Apple Game Porting Toolkit will perform better than CrossOver/WINE?

Worth a shot if you don't mind the complicated setup:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQAPWwhInqo

*won't be trying myself anytime soon since I'm not using Mac at the moment
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

gyps

Post#25 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:11 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:37 am Maybe the new Apple Game Porting Toolkit will perform better than CrossOver/WINE?

Worth a shot if you don't mind the complicated setup:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQAPWwhInqo

*won't be trying myself anytime soon since I'm not using Mac at the moment
Apple Game porting kit only works for dx11/dx12 64 bits game... in top of that you need to install Beta Sonoma.

and btw its still a crossover wrapper (wine) with some new libs to translate directly dx into metal.

gyps

Post#26 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:05 pm

I'll be the proud owner of an M2 MAX 32 gb next monday! lets see how it performs!!

Alterkraft

Post#27 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:01 pm

Got the same launcher issue as stated before on an M2 Pro MBP 2023.

Something is messing with the .NET framework installation.

gyps

Post#28 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:19 am

Alterkraft wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:01 pm Got the same launcher issue as stated before on an M2 Pro MBP 2023.

Just installed it on the M2 Max and it runs quite well! actually its amazing how well it runs...i'll upload a video, at 2x speed and with some loading screen time cutted specially during the Net. 4 install that takes a very long time (up to 15 mins after the last skipped error)

Ads
Alterkraft

Post#29 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:49 pm

gyps wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:19 am
Alterkraft wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:01 pm Got the same launcher issue as stated before on an M2 Pro MBP 2023.

Just installed it on the M2 Max and it runs quite well! actually its amazing how well it runs...i'll upload a video, at 2x speed and with some loading screen time cutted specially during the Net. 4 install that takes a very long time (up to 15 mins after the last skipped error)
You actually got it working? Which macOS version?

gyps

Post#30 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:56 am

Alterkraft wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:49 pm
gyps wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:19 am

You actually got it working? Which macOS version?
Hi there I'm currently using Ventura 13.4.1, Crossover 23 Beta 1 but it worked the same for 22 (last release), here a vid:

https://youtu.be/0Ci7m1m_r8E

hope it helps!