Recent Topics

Ads

New LOTD balance system - proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: New LOTD balance system - proposal

Post#51 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:38 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:06 pm Best thing about LOTD were that you could park your Characters there and if your realm didnt have access to lotd at that time, you log those chars you have in Lotd and start Invading Tovl/Tombs. It was amazing to go to Lotd (Summoning stones or Parked chars) when your realm couldnt go there, so it was " us vs all of them "

I heavily dislike RoR Lotd. Would love to have Magic/Ranged/Melee power cloak+ring but i just cant be bothered. Is there anyone who actually likes RoR lotd more than WAR Lotd? If so, WHY? 24 Aoe cap. Aoe Hd's removed, oh and Morale dmg as well, which were the 2 ways of killing against higher numbers, both removed=) And 1 class can spam AE without target and kill tank and his guardee because why the fudge not? Remove all the counters against ZERG and 24 aoe cap just makes sure that ZERG always wins. KSJDNGKESAJNGKSDJNKSJEG

And this Timed LOTD is stupid, so stupid. Like City. I mean WHY TAKE THE BEST THING ABOUT LOTD AWAY WHICH WAS INVADING TOMBS/TOVL OR DEFENDING THEM AND BEING INVADED.

lawnkfWNKAEJWQNTKÖWNLsdkgnks dwjjwsengQKWE N ALL HOPE IS LOST
The data for TotVL and all the PQs from LotD was lost when the EA servers went down from what I read. This current iteration was built with what they could scrounge up. I remember those days, and also the fun times that this was modeled after - Darkness Falls from DAoC (DF was far superior, tho).

And I'm one of those that likes LotD more because it punishes large blobs and encourages smaller scale fights. 6 man's become incredibly useful for capping BOs and harassing reinforcements. It requires a lot more skill and coordination than the regular campaign, and it seems the Order WB leaders refuse to change tactics and adapt.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Absinth

Post#52 » Sun May 14, 2023 11:26 am

Ninjagon wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:13 pm
Garamore wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:33 am [...]
Learn to play issue is off topic here too. Please do not teach others how they should play to win LOTD.
Welp I would assume it is one of the issues here, and it is not off-topic.
LoTD is event where you can't just win by killing as a big blob.
It's not even remotely meant to be a fight 24/7.
You have BO's/Patrols and guild mechanic around BO's, if you ignore them just to mindlessly chase kills as a blob you will loose.
Especially because there are next to 0 places where you can funnel without being able to get flanked.

Bad choices lead to bad outcomes and this is what you see. I never got flanked by order mid fight in LoTD but I almost always flanked order mid fight.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Gravord

Post#53 » Sun May 14, 2023 11:33 am

Absinth wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:26 am
Ninjagon wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:13 pm
Garamore wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:33 am [...]
Learn to play issue is off topic here too. Please do not teach others how they should play to win LOTD.
Welp I would assume it is one of the issues here, and it is not off-topic.
LoTD is event where you can't just win by killing as a big blob.
It's not even remotely meant to be a fight 24/7.
You have BO's/Patrols and guild mechanic around BO's, if you ignore them just to mindlessly chase kills as a blob you will loose.
Especially because there are next to 0 places where you can funnel without being able to get flanked.

Bad choices lead to bad outcomes and this is what you see. I never got flanked by order mid fight in LoTD but I almost always flanked order mid fight.
Still waiting to see BO claimed by order guild. Stronger guards, double the cap time needed, early warning in guild chat when enemy approaches it, cant recall seeing it used so far.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#54 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:01 pm

I don't think buffing the losing side is the solution for anything. If a side is losing by number of players, set npc heroes to help them. In LotD, if they don't have the power to take a temple, them allow allied npcs to take care of the temple and fight the bigger side. Sides got balanced, alliance ends. Or something like this. xD

Garamore

Post#55 » Sun May 14, 2023 10:25 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/returnofreckoning ... 1818101156 Watch that link from 3:32 in. You will see why order lose lotd and its not numbers based.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

normanis

Post#56 » Mon May 15, 2023 1:29 pm

if u cant win destro supermegazergblob, u cnat hold objectives. also order some leaders play weird and very selfish. ppl start leave lotd and its become order wc camping = all lotd expierence.
such big zone with many posibilities how to make game more comlicated fro both sides , underdog lock zone if they cnat win megazerg byt win with brains. byt at moment its 1 big supermagezergblobzone
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Kloaner

Post#57 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:10 pm

remove all flags, build a Keep with high walls / small entrance somewhere in the middle and Order will win every single lotd :lol:
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Xergon

Post#58 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:04 pm

Garamore wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:25 pm https://www.twitch.tv/returnofreckoning ... 1818101156 Watch that link from 3:32 in. You will see why order lose lotd and its not numbers based.
I clipped it and uploaded on youtube (clip on twitch would be too short) because it is actually amazing view that shows why RoR is best massive pvp game to this day...

Click here to watch on YouTube

Basically, order making initial push and gaining advantage, destro losing almost full WB that decided to stay on the flag, rest of the destro backing up, for some reason order stops pushing, allows destro to recover and build up moral, then destro counter push with moral up, order collapse w.o any kind of recovery...

So 2 mistakes from order, not pushing fully with advantage they gained and not recovering when destro decides to counter push.
If there was one 150 IQ Swordmaster that use Wings deep into middle of Destro and use AoE Punt to split and break line of sight of destro lines order would won that fight just like that...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#59 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:35 pm

With the recent changes, this topic can be locked. Thx.
viewtopic.php?t=51103
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Garamore

Post#60 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:25 pm

Id leave it open till its been tried - what will happen now is half wbs will get in as the other half doesnt have enough tokens - wont be able to make groups and people will just leave, this will happen both sides.

I dont think numbers at the start have been the issues - its more numbers in the middle and end.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore