Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder pull......?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wachlarz

Re: Marauder pull......?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm

how much dmg make pull ? And how many order die from this skill ?

Ads
Routchino

Post#12 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:08 am

Ninjagon wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:22 pm Let me be clear, that (another) broken pull skill can be gamechanger:

Smart mara abuse this by pulling "permanent marked people" (like well known warband leaders, or main assist characters) from long distance right into the melee blob (where they quickly die), which leads to chaos and not assist at all. Isn't that sweet?

I can only agree with that.
In small scale you can detaunt, pots...and have a chance to escape (depending on your class ofc).
But in organized oRvR mara just constantly pulled raid leader into their warband. And there is nothing you can do about it. It's gamebreaker actually.
GL trying to do that with WL :P

Akalukz

Post#13 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:05 pm

So a pull that does have checks and is on a 30-sec cooldown is game-breaking because it can pull a targetted person, yet a skill that will bypass defenses of 24 people is not. Man let's trade... sincerely all mara's
-= Agony =-

Garamore

Post#14 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:34 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:36 pm Mara pull is perfectly blackable or parryable but obviously from the front only. You need to turn yourself to face the mara before the end (check is performed at the end of cast only).

But yes, the "grace period" server is giving is a bit too long to our taste, especially since WL pull is somewhat less reliable (need more conditions, range from pet AND from target, pet being able to reach target - with horrible pathfinding - to be performed, despite being instant).
WL also has pounce which mara doesnt have - id give up mara pull for that
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Garamore

Post#15 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:35 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:05 pm So a pull that does have checks and is on a 30-sec cooldown is game-breaking because it can pull a targetted person, yet a skill that will bypass defenses of 24 people is not. Man let's trade... sincerely all mara's
Yep every day of the week. Also if you are a guild leader don't stand in the open in a keep.

Routchino

Post#16 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:43 pm

Marauder also has aoe stun wich WL doesn't have - id give up pounce for that.
You know we can't think like that :D

I'm perfectly fine with marauder having a pull. But something more instant and 65 feet range woudl be nice. Or cuting los should break the pull (wich doesn't always work).

Sofong

Post#17 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:00 pm

mara should get its old pull back, could be a point of getting ppl to play this class again.

CyunUnderis

Post#18 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:57 pm

Routchino wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:08 am But in organized oRvR mara just constantly pulled raid leader into their warband. And there is nothing you can do about it. It's gamebreaker actually.
The marauder can be taunted or silenced during the cast. It is not like there is nothing you can do about it. Ask your tanks do to their job.

Ads
Routchino

Post#19 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:52 pm

I'll try one last time because i was not clear at first.
The problem is not the pull itself, it's the range sometimes broken. I don't know every class in the game and maybe some can taunt/silence 100+ feet range then you are right i'll ask them to use those skills.
The other major problem is when you think you're safe behind a rock/tree/wall but you still got pull. That's very frustrating.

Again i have really no problem with a 65 feet pull with los...
If you think 65+ feet pull is fair then i can't argue anymore.

Garamore

Post#20 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:27 pm

You have to be in range for it to start not for it to complete - quite often ill start it and run away so i pull the target to where i want. It does get broken by loads of stuff including line of sight stuff. You may think you are out of sight but a mara will be making sure you are not.