Recent Topics

Ads

[SHAMAN] Endgame Healer Talismans

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cleo

[SHAMAN] Endgame Healer Talismans

Post#1 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:23 am

Hey all, I tried to find some information about this, but to no avail.

What is the preferred talisman setup for endgame healers?

I have a small collection of max level armor, toughness and wounds talismans, but I wonder what type or what combination of all types offers me the best survivability.
I am currently running a full set of wounds talismans, but I feel like I eat too much damage from melee classes like WH and WL and would like to optimize my slots.
Thanks in advance.

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: [SHAMAN] Endgame Healer Talismans

Post#2 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:25 pm

I had all my talismans armor, but swapped them all to wounds. Now sitting with 10k wounds and I like it a lot better. Might be beneficial to swap some to toughness though. I don't think there really is one right answer, but I would choose between toughness and wounds, mixing some of both, and leave armor talis out.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Toggle

Post#3 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:41 pm

I went wounds until I broke 9k, and then went toughness for the rest. Works well with the boost from the toughness HoT. That being said, positioning trumps everything else when it comes to playing a healer. I find I’m most effective, especially on a shaman, when I’m almost always on the move. I may stop every so often to bomb some group heals when I have my M2 up, but otherwise, I’m never sitting still. A stationary healer is a dead healer.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Cleo

Post#4 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:05 pm

Thank you for the in-depth answers. I will stick to wounds and try mixing in some toughness once I reach a threshold around 9k+.

About the always on the move part, I definitely always run around or hide in vegetation, but what always gets me with no chance of escape are the stunlocks and the massive damage from WH and WL. I'm usually dead before I can even detaunt.

Nameless

Post#5 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:47 pm

I use on my orders backline healers mix of wounds, toughness and iniative. 300 initiative is my goal so I try to reach that with tali or two, rest is wounds around 9k and rest toughness. On shammy toughness is pretty good cos you could reach 600-700 without much effort
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Poizie

Post#6 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:36 pm

I've always gone toughness with shaman al the way back to live.