Patch Notes 14/10/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rubius
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2022

Post#41 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:01 pm

geezereur wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:11 pm New RR80 Congratulations Quest

- The rewards for this Milestone Quest include a voucher for a free 30-day Guild Mount

Magus did not get any 30-day Guild Mount I looked at the vendor.
This has been fixed and will go live on the next patch! Please hang onto your voucher and you'll be able to use it soon.

Ads
ekalime
Developer

Post#42 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:28 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:39 pm
Spoiler:
ekalime wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:16 am
Akalukz wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:54 am May actually look at deleting some quests, a lot of them are just not that great, and tend to over-clutter the map, especially in the early levels for new players. We get a lot of new players but they leave because they enter T2/4 undergeared, underbolstered, and with little directions. Bolster should be "upped" in some way to reflect RR60 stats
Deleting/deactivating old quests will not happen due to the sheer amount of hours that has gone into painstakingly recreating the quests by pouring over old youtube videos and hundreds (thousands?) of player-submitted screenshots. Plus it is an homage to the people who made WAR.

Instead, what we'd like to do is look at quest and influence rewards at some point and make them less trashy. Ultimately players who level solely by PvE will be at a disadvantage due to a lack of renown points and the general lower level of PvE gear, but we hope to at least give them a slightly less horrible gear experience. The 'open world' PvE will never be as rewarding as PvP, but we have plans to improve it. This is important because many players who join RoR are PvP-shy, and tend to do a lot of PvE, but when they go into the RvR lakes or SCs with their awesome quest gear, they get melted and are heavily discouraged. Also, please don't worry that precious dev hours are wasted on quests, because almost all of this work is done by database gits.
Sorry, i really didn't mean to offend. I totally understand the desire to keep things as a tribute to the AoR, and didn't mean to underestimate the amount of time and effort that went into getting those quests working again. I am not one to worry about dev time etc, this is a voluneer driven game, and i am just lucky to play a game i have enjoyed for so many years because of people like you. I spend a ton of time going through quests and PQ to find fashion hammer gear. :) Wish there was a way to do a PQ twice lol to get both rewards at each level.
No worries, no offense taken :D I just wanted to explain our position so the community is aware :)

rilor

Post#43 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:03 pm

THANK YOU to all the Devs for working hard on updating everything!

Thank you for rewarding long time players also. I look forward to the dying making element reintroduced in the game again! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#44 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:45 pm

It's so great to see that dyes are considered as a top priority by the devs, really great

ekalime
Developer

Post#45 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:31 am

Hulgore wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:45 pm It's so great to see that dyes are considered as a top priority by the devs, really great
No matter how many times I mention it, ppl always bring this up :D Devs don't work on dyes, this is database work. You are not the first, nor will you be the last person to say this.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#46 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:32 am

ekalime wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:31 am
Hulgore wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:45 pm It's so great to see that dyes are considered as a top priority by the devs, really great
No matter how many times I mention it, ppl always bring this up :D Devs don't work on dyes, this is database work. You are not the first, nor will you be the last person to say this.
Ty for working on dyes
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#47 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:51 am

ekalime's also done the awesome event stuff lately - the Kislev event for example.

There's a whole team working on art that's doing some phenomenal stuff that doesn't involve dalen/MaxHayman work.

Anyone complaining about abilities or balance needs to hold out a little longer, as there's a system revamp and tools being made to simplify those changes that has been several months out - and you all will be exceptionally happy to see that when it's done.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#48 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:22 am

ekalime wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:28 pm
Akalukz wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:39 pm
Spoiler:
ekalime wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:16 am

Deleting/deactivating old quests will not happen due to the sheer amount of hours that has gone into painstakingly recreating the quests by pouring over old youtube videos and hundreds (thousands?) of player-submitted screenshots. Plus it is an homage to the people who made WAR.

Instead, what we'd like to do is look at quest and influence rewards at some point and make them less trashy. Ultimately players who level solely by PvE will be at a disadvantage due to a lack of renown points and the general lower level of PvE gear, but we hope to at least give them a slightly less horrible gear experience. The 'open world' PvE will never be as rewarding as PvP, but we have plans to improve it. This is important because many players who join RoR are PvP-shy, and tend to do a lot of PvE, but when they go into the RvR lakes or SCs with their awesome quest gear, they get melted and are heavily discouraged. Also, please don't worry that precious dev hours are wasted on quests, because almost all of this work is done by database gits.
Sorry, i really didn't mean to offend. I totally understand the desire to keep things as a tribute to the AoR, and didn't mean to underestimate the amount of time and effort that went into getting those quests working again. I am not one to worry about dev time etc, this is a voluneer driven game, and i am just lucky to play a game i have enjoyed for so many years because of people like you. I spend a ton of time going through quests and PQ to find fashion hammer gear. :) Wish there was a way to do a PQ twice lol to get both rewards at each level.
No worries, no offense taken :D I just wanted to explain our position so the community is aware :)
still. for the time being, it would be nice to have some kind of notification telling new characters that if they wanna progress their gear, doing only quests (like in every other traditional mmo, which they think this is as well) is worst thing they could do. when i watched lazy peon's videos i got impression from him that "quests" are main "meat" of the game. they're not. make it known to new players. rewards from quests are crap and they will hinder your character progression because your xp will far outpace growth of your renown rank. some notification to the tune of "if you want to progress through quests and pve, bear in mind that you will have to get armor sets from r40 dungeons before being competitive in pvp"

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#49 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:17 pm

Secrets wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:51 am Anyone complaining about abilities or balance needs to hold out a little longer, as there's a system revamp and tools being made to simplify those changes that has been several months out - and you all will be exceptionally happy to see that when it's done.
Ah thanks for the update, was thinking of asking but didn't want to be a nag and I appreciate these things take time :)

Was thinking of putting together a post listing all class/ability bugs like Omega did for Zealot as the bug tracker has a bunch of duplicates and false flags and doesn't really list by class, let me know if it would be helpful?

Will bugs be done first and then balance, as some bugs like Ritual of Lunacy being direct heal has a major implication to the power level of RP/ZL and will some bugs get officially recognised as features?

As for the R80 reward that was pretty nice (stalward stones especially) and appropriate, not sure why it's a chose 3 of 4, seems a bit random :lol:

But would just like to emphasis that War Crests boring as they are, would for R1-79 rewards be much preferred to all of it.
Also a benefit of some guilds are they provide pots and talismen to their lowbies, so being too generous with consumables would impact the communities and need for crafting, which are both important to the game, I think.

Also tried the Elf new guide quests, they did a decent job, would be nice if all the crafters had a orange marker over them as there's a lot of npcs in that chapter and the npc title doesn't stand out much, also the map mark dissappeared before talking to all, which was a bit confusing.
But overall, big improvement over nothing, thanks :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Akalukz

Post#50 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:45 pm

Maybe, we could highlight the important quests, like the new ones just created. With an Different color Quest icon over the head of the NPC. I think we have blue / green / red right now for new quests etc.
-= Agony =-