Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 14/10/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gladiolix

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2022

Post#11 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:00 am

Really liking the rr80 quest! Can't wait to get home and do it :)
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#12 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 am

Very nice!
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Lithenir

Post#13 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:34 am

The War Report change is a pretty bad one which takes away a lot of tactical options. Instead of a fast port close to a BO/Keep you now always have to run and that takes time. Time you don't always have. Also you don't always want to repack at war campo. So what was the reason behind this?

Why not fix the horrible respawn in KV instead? Because that really is a problematic thing

Rubius
Developer

Post#14 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:40 am

Lithenir wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:34 am Why not fix the horrible respawn in KV instead? Because that really is a problematic thing
KV Respawn sending Order players to the PvE camp in the West should also be fixed with this update.

Fenris78

Post#15 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:04 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:34 am The War Report change is a pretty bad one which takes away a lot of tactical options. Instead of a fast port close to a BO/Keep you now always have to run and that takes time. Time you don't always have. Also you don't always want to repack at war campo. So what was the reason behind this?

Why not fix the horrible respawn in KV instead? Because that really is a problematic thing
Some zones were a nightmare, at least Order side ; take Praag for example : by the map setup, there was no WR to gets you to the WC ; when you would fast wr and get to a fly, you were forced to WR in another zone, or take time to reach Praag wc from nearby chapters.

Most zones were unbalanced for one faction, generally Destruction got better access to war report locations in most T4 maps (Caledor, Reikland, Praag, Eataine, amongst others), while Order-side you would often been teleported in random pve chapters without access to flight (most of the time farther away of the desired location than the corresponding Destruction chapter).

Yes, in some cases it was more convenient to use war report, Order-side in CW (when you need to be at north keep), Saphery (When this keep was attacked), TM (only for west keep), or Caledor (only when Hatred's Way was under attack, meaning generally too late).
Pretty much all others war report options were not useful and/or made you lose time from non-flight or badly placed chapters.

So in fact, Order lose some (rare) tactical options, but I think Destruction wich was more helped by maps configuration, is more negatively impacted by this change.

In the end, everyone now is on equal footing, wich IMO was long overdue, even since realms have been equally balanced on RoR (I heard on Live, Destruction classes were slightly weaker, thus had a slight advantage over map navigation and positions of keeps).

Lithenir

Post#16 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Spoiler:
Fenris78 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:04 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:34 am The War Report change is a pretty bad one which takes away a lot of tactical options. Instead of a fast port close to a BO/Keep you now always have to run and that takes time. Time you don't always have. Also you don't always want to repack at war campo. So what was the reason behind this?

Some zones were a nightmare, at least Order side ; take Praag for example : by the map setup, there was no WR to gets you to the WC ; when you would fast wr and get to a fly, you were forced to WR in another zone, or take time to reach Praag wc from nearby chapters.

Most zones were unbalanced for one faction, generally Destruction got better access to war report locations in most T4 maps (Caledor, Reikland, Praag, Eataine, amongst others), while Order-side you would often been teleported in random pve chapters without access to flight (most of the time farther away of the desired location than the corresponding Destruction chapter).

Yes, in some cases it was more convenient to use war report, Order-side in CW (when you need to be at north keep), Saphery (When this keep was attacked), TM (only for west keep), or Caledor (only when Hatred's Way was under attack, meaning generally too late).
Pretty much all others war report options were not useful and/or made you lose time from non-flight or badly placed chapters.

So in fact, Order lose some (rare) tactical options, but I think Destruction wich was more helped by maps configuration, is more negatively impacted by this change.

In the end, everyone now is on equal footing, wich IMO was long overdue, even since realms have been equally balanced on RoR (I heard on Live, Destruction classes were slightly weaker, thus had a slight advantage over map navigation and positions of keeps).
I have to admit that I haven't played that much destro to know the war report locations from them.

Let's take DW as example now. For me the war report wasn't as bad, at least for MM. DW is a zone where destro can easily block the order war camp - PvE as well as RvR. Now you don't have a war report location to port to. This leaves order with only one option, coming in from Eataine. Good luck to take that long route especially if order has to defend the western keep.
Same goes for elven T2 both sides. At least order could port to Ellyrion if the keep was under attack and go over the mountains.

Reaching the south keep in BC will be a huge pain in the ass now. Going all the way down via PvE will take time, not to mention taking the RvR route, which can be blocked on several spots.

The point is with a good war camp block destro can now not only slow down order, they basically can lock them out completely in some zones.

Rubius
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:59 pm
Spoiler:

I have to admit that I haven't played that much destro to know the war report locations from them.

Let's take DW as example now. For me the war report wasn't as bad, at least for MM. DW is a zone where destro can easily block the order war camp - PvE as well as RvR. Now you don't have a war report location to port to. This leaves order with only one option, coming in from Eataine. Good luck to take that long route especially if order has to defend the western keep.
Same goes for elven T2 both sides. At least order could port to Ellyrion if the keep was under attack and go over the mountains.

Reaching the south keep in BC will be a huge pain in the ass now. Going all the way down via PvE will take time, not to mention taking the RvR route, which can be blocked on several spots.

The point is with a good war camp block destro can now not only slow down order, they basically can lock them out completely in some zones.
Totally open to feedback on certain War Report locations being an issue as long as we can keep it fair for both factions, and we're fixing one up right now for Order players in Ostland.

For DW, wanted to note:
Order has a built-in teleport that takes them to a PvE spot in the Eastern part of the map, and it's a pretty short mount ride via PvE from their warcamp.

From the Warcamp, head east along the PvE Road and take a left at Arashan's Pass, going up the hill before you hit the Rescue of Aenares PQ. Go inside the Elf Tower, all the way down, and then take the left door to find the Orb of Cadaith.

Click this and you'll teleport instantly to Chapter 18, giving you the option to either run Southeast and hit MM, or Southwest to arrive at the East Keep.

Tanski

Post#18 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:31 pm

The recent QoL patches been great :D
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#19 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Oh woah, you've been busy, thanks for the great work, will check out the quests tonight :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Lithenir

Post#20 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:43 pm

Rubius wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:11 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:59 pm
Spoiler:

Totally open to feedback on certain War Report locations being an issue as long as we can keep it fair for both factions, and we're fixing one up right now for Order players in Ostland.

For DW, wanted to note:
Order has a built-in teleport that takes them to a PvE spot in the Eastern part of the map, and it's a pretty short mount ride via PvE from their warcamp.

From the Warcamp, head east along the PvE Road and take a left at Arashan's Pass, going up the hill before you hit the Rescue of Aenares PQ. Go inside the Elf Tower, all the way down, and then take the left door to find the Orb of Cadaith.

Click this and you'll teleport instantly to Chapter 18, giving you the option to either run Southeast and hit MM, or Southwest to arrive at the East Keep.
The thing is, that you cannot reach the tower if destro decides to block PvE route from order war camp because they will wait on the cross roads in front of the tower.

I appreciate your effort, I just think this change could provide some troubles.

So can you divide the zones and make more port points? Let's take TM. For the western keep you can take the PvE camps, Gromril Krug has PvE camps for both factions close, I think, and the other BOs and Keep will take both factions to their war camp.
DW could have a war report port to Chapter 18 for order to gain access to the eastern part of the map. Now I don't know if destro has a reasonable PvE camp to gain access to the western part of the map.

Another idea would be to make it like elven T1. There is a little camp in the southern zone, I think it's Chrace, where you can port to which gives access to RvR. So you maybe could set up one of these in zones where it wouldn't be fair with ports to PvE Chapters?