Ads

Patch Notes 14/10/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
b00n

Re: Patch Notes 14/10/2022

Post#21 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:53 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:59 pm
The thing is, that you cannot reach the tower if destro decides to block PvE route from order war camp because they will wait on the cross roads in front of the tower.
Just flag PvE and you can easily walk the road
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
Nameless

Post#22 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:30 pm

Destro cant stop you cos you are not pvp flagged if tou go straightforward from the wc
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Lithenir

Post#23 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:35 pm

Ah yes the pleasures of forums, one bad example and all the other things are obsolete.
It's like I am telling people to war report to any T2/T3 zone or guild hall, when they are complaining that war reporting to Praag never gets you to the war camp ;)

Scottx125

Post#24 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Decent QoL changes but nothing to address or improve the health of the game imo.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#25 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:30 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:33 pm Decent QoL changes but nothing to address or improve the health of the game imo.
QoL changes for new players will directly address the health of the game.

People generally stick around and play once they are comfortable playing in T4.
The problem has been getting them to t4 with Vanquisher-level gear historically - the point where they actually enjoy the game.

This should directly address that issue.

Scottx125

Post#26 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:57 pm

Spoiler:
Secrets wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:30 pm QoL changes for new players will directly address the health of the game.

The problem has been getting them to t4 with Vanquisher-level gear historically - the point where they actually enjoy the game.

Not to be rude, but the new player experience isn't important IMO. What's important is revitalising the RvR scene, the class balance etc. Most people, don't play the low level content and don't care to. It's pretty much accepted that the PvE aspect and the levelling process is rubbish. Always has and always will be. That's just a design flaw with the game. The PvP is the heart and soul of this game. That is IMO what needs to be addressed. For me, the problem hasn't ever been levelling, it's been in the realisation that when I dinged 40 on my engineer, I find that it's an inherently unfun class to play because it's like playing with a lead weight strapped to your feet. Or the fact that nobody wants me in a warband on my Wrath WP because it's worse than any pure DPS and doesn't bring any utility to group play. Or you log on one night to play, and find the pop is swung 40-60% in a single zone and you think "forget that" and log off.

There's no point worrying about making the process of getting into the game easier, when the end game content is in my opinion stagnated and ailing.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:22 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:57 pm
Spoiler:
Secrets wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:30 pm QoL changes for new players will directly address the health of the game.

Not to be rude, but the new player experience isn't important IMO. What's important is revitalising the RvR scene, the class balance etc. Most people, don't play the low level content and don't care to. It's pretty much accepted that the PvE aspect and the levelling process is rubbish. Always has and always will be. That's just a design flaw with the game. The PvP is the heart and soul of this game. That is IMO what needs to be addressed. For me, the problem hasn't ever been levelling, it's been in the realisation that when I dinged 40 on my engineer, I find that it's an inherently unfun class to play because it's like playing with a lead weight strapped to your feet. Or the fact that nobody wants me in a warband on my Wrath WP because it's worse than any pure DPS and doesn't bring any utility to group play. Or you log on one night to play, and find the pop is swung 40-60% in a single zone and you think "forget that" and log off.

There's no point worrying about making the process of getting into the game easier, when the end game content is in my opinion stagnated and ailing.
Seems exceptionally off-topic. If you want to comment on things that actually ended up in the patch notes, feel free. Otherwise create a new thread and keep out of this one.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Omegus

Post#28 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:59 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:38 am- Updating dye names from 40k to Fantasy
Part of the charm of the dyes in the original game is that they matched the paint names (and in theory the colour) of the Games Workshop citadel paints so it almost felt like painting your own models. The paint names had a mix of 40K and fantasy names and it would be a shame to lose that bit of history. If anything - as a suggestion - I'd like the theme to continue and new dyes added that match all of the new colours added since. There are RGB charts out there for all of the citadel paints old and new.

When I last looked at the client dye list it looked like there was an option to determine how strong/opaque the dye was. Perhaps this could be used to represent the new paint types of "base paint" (strongest colour), "layer paint" (slightly thinner but still strong) and then the glazes/washes where some of the original colour still comes through, like a 50/50 mix?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#29 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:11 pm

More gold dye please... Fashionhammer is the true end game!!!
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Kpi

Post#30 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:56 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:38 am New RR80 Congratulations Quest

All Renown Rank 80 and above characters are now eligible for a short bonus quest.

- The rewards for this Milestone Quest include a voucher for a free 30-day Guild Mount, Guild Coins, Stalwart Soulstones, some gold and a choice between consumable Potions and Fresh Liniment Crates. The "Specialty Mount Wrangler" NPC will accept the voucher for a 30-day Guild Mount.

- New RR80's will get a mail with a Quest item to use that activates this quest.

- These quests are also retroactive, and existing RR80's can head to either the Altdorf Library, The Lyceum in The Inevitable City, the Order of the Griffon Headquarters in Karaz-a-Karak, or the Raven Host Command in Karak Eight Peaks, and speak to the Records Keepers to purchase this quest item for 1 gold.
Can i suggest do this quest repeatable for echal level over 80??? So u can repeat the quest when you reach 81,82... etc. :D
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+