Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ekalime
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 26/10/2022

Post#31 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:19 pm

Gangan wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:36 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:31 pm
Flashgitz wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:38 pm I just don't understand the refusal to implement permanent event rewards. It completely kills all interest in the event, why would you grind a cosmetic item that expires? Expiring mounts is such a bizarre design philosophy, one that I have never encountered in another MMORPG.
Here is another reason for you. Those mounts are not cosmetic. They have higher speed and lower dismount chances than other mounts i.e. power creep. It is already bad enough that they are making it such that rr80 folks get to keep them longer.
Do they really have a higher speed or is it again the good old tooltip error? ^^
Tooltip errors. While one would think fixing the tooltips was an easy thing... it is far more complex than it needs to be. The new ability system should fix this, as summoning mounts is classified as an ability.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#32 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Flashgitz wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:38 pm I just don't understand the refusal to implement permanent event rewards. It completely kills all interest in the event, why would you grind a cosmetic item that expires? Expiring mounts is such a bizarre design philosophy, one that I have never encountered in another MMORPG.

Umm, no offense, but there are a ton of permanent event rewards. Ten masks, a shape changing trinket, four pets, two trophies, and two capes. And thats just what I remember at the moment, there may be more...

I did have a quick question for the devs tho, why don't you ever release preview pics for the capes you guys make? I would think that being able to see them might encourage people try harder to acquire them. Hell, I've got around 40 different capes at this point and I'm not sure if I've collected them all. An imgur post displaying all of them along with what event they come from would be an excellent addition to the wiki. :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Aethilmar

Post#33 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:00 am

Gangan wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:36 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:31 pm
Here is another reason for you. Those mounts are not cosmetic. They have higher speed and lower dismount chances than other mounts i.e. power creep. It is already bad enough that they are making it such that rr80 folks get to keep them longer.
Do they really have a higher speed or is it again the good old tooltip error? ^^
Well the current tooltips for them don't mention anything about speed or dismount chance b/c they (the team) missed some stuff. :)

But, historically, the time limited mounts have all had bonuses just above the 100g mounts ... per the tooltip ofc. Anecdotally I appear to have been chased down over distance by players those mounts on my 100g horse and/or outran by WB members on those mounts so I'm going to go with "yes" until proven otherwise.

Edit: Just saw Ekalime say it is tooltip error. Well I've got mine so I will find out for real shortly.

ekalime
Developer

Post#34 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:17 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm I did have a quick question for the devs tho, why don't you ever release preview pics for the capes you guys make? I would think that being able to see them might encourage people try harder to acquire them. Hell, I've got around 40 different capes at this point and I'm not sure if I've collected them all. An imgur post displaying all of them along with what event they come from would be an excellent addition to the wiki. :D
I do have an imgur gallery for them but ... sometimes I don't post (like during the Feast of Shoika because I hoped players would make decisions based on their instinct and not based on the reward) https://imgur.com/a/odNdQr2

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:04 pm

ekalime wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:17 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:33 pm I did have a quick question for the devs tho, why don't you ever release preview pics for the capes you guys make? I would think that being able to see them might encourage people try harder to acquire them. Hell, I've got around 40 different capes at this point and I'm not sure if I've collected them all. An imgur post displaying all of them along with what event they come from would be an excellent addition to the wiki. :D
I do have an imgur gallery for them but ... sometimes I don't post (like during the Feast of Shoika because I hoped players would make decisions based on their instinct and not based on the reward) https://imgur.com/a/odNdQr2
during shoika event i went by instinct and would've done anyway, feel free to post pictures for fashionhammer people :)

nice patch, still haven't played at all since it came out unfortunately.

Skullgrin

Post#36 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:39 pm

ekalime wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:17 pm I do have an imgur gallery for them but ... sometimes I don't post (like during the Feast of Shoika because I hoped players would make decisions based on their instinct and not based on the reward) https://imgur.com/a/odNdQr2

Wow, I thought I'd collected most of them, but there's quite a few in that link I've never seen. I'll have to keep it handy for when people ask where stuff came from. Thanks!
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80