Recent Topics

Ads

Ability System Rework.

Let's talk about... everything else
Scottx125

Re: Ability System Rework.

Post#11 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:40 pm

This is how you talk to the community! Thank you for the update well ahead of what's going to happen.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Gangan

Post#12 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:27 pm

Great to hear about the progress made in the background.
And thanks for sharing an insight. ☺️
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

joroth

Post#13 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:08 pm

Thanks for the transparency! super excited for this
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

b00n

Post#14 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:23 pm

Let's start with a rebuke: "It's about time you posted something".

What I can't understand:
You write that only critical things are addressed, as an example I list here that with Sorc it was possible to spam Infernal Wave with Chop Fasta -> 2 days later it was fixed.

But now we have a lot of bugs that are still not fixed and are very critical. Tactic buffs that are still active even if you remove the tactic -> Witch Hunter healing for example.

Appreciation:
It's fantastic what this small team releases on a regular basis and how detailed and clean the events are planned. I thank the team and hope you continue to be so enthusiastic and keep players informed.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Sofong

Post#15 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:08 pm

shaking up meta....! cant wait. :D

wonshot

Post#16 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Thanks for the transparency, can we expect to see more reasoning in patchnotes when balancing resumes? it was something RoR did in the past when balance was being adjusted on classes and abilities, it helps us players understand where you are coming from when you add a little "we changed ability X because it was overperforming bla bla bla" We might not always agree, but the pill is easier to swallow on nerfs like this, and gives us a chance to convince you about mistakes if they should happen.

Same related question for when balancing start happening again, what will the policy be forward, is balancing gonna be inbetween ranked seasopn cycles once the ability overhaul coding is done and hopefully its easier to change abilities between database/code, or will balancing still be seen more rarely like the latest draught where class breaking bugs are left over a year to linger in the game?

Thanks for your time, and fingers crossed this will work out well.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Scottx125

Post#17 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:57 pm

b00n wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:23 pm Let's start with a rebuke: "It's about time you posted something".

What I can't understand:
You write that only critical things are addressed, as an example I list here that with Sorc it was possible to spam Infernal Wave with Chop Fasta -> 2 days later it was fixed.

But now we have a lot of bugs that are still not fixed and are very critical. Tactic buffs that are still active even if you remove the tactic -> Witch Hunter healing for example.

Appreciation:
It's fantastic what this small team releases on a regular basis and how detailed and clean the events are planned. I thank the team and hope you continue to be so enthusiastic and keep players informed.
I think the point was, that they are leaving a lot of the fixes that don't really need to be fixed because a lot of stuff will inevitably break when the new system comes online. Making existing bugs either pointless to fix or not worth the effort because it'll be easier to fix them later down the road.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Can't wait so see the next balance patch

When dps shamans will finally have the ability to levitate

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:45 pm

b00n wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:23 pm What I can't understand:

I guess the first one has bigger effects on general realm balance than WH having more tactics. Eventually it all will get fixed.
Dying is no option.

Skullgrin

Post#20 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:50 pm

I really love this show of increased transparency, thanks so much for this! As a fan of the idea of occasionally breaking the meta I say bring it on!

Just remember not to worry too much about complete balance. I've always viewed such a thing as impossible without true mirrored classes, and having that would ruin what makes Warhmmer so special. I'd rather see you guys try out something innovative in order to shake things up, and then tone it down if it is something that ends up being truly game breaking. Imperfect balance adds that little extra spice and unpredictability that makes the game so fun.

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us, my imagination runs wild at the thought! With a comprehensive system in place to alter class abilities, is there a chance that you might eventually be able to create entirely new abilities in the game? Or possibly new classes? Or, dare I say it, new factions? So many possibilities once this is in place...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80