Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] late game armour choices

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Novokane

[Chosen] late game armour choices

Post#1 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:40 pm

Hi all

I've reached the point I can now afford Invader gear for my SNB chosen but would like some advice. For me the benefit of invader over vanq doesn't seem that obvious (apart from the jewel which is clearly excellent).

So my questions for the experts are
1) for pre-endgame, should I be running full invader, or is there an optimal mix between vanq and invader to use?
2) for endgame, should i be running full sov or a mix of sov/inv/vanq?

If the answer is mix which items would you recommend please?

Thanks in advance!

Ads
Akalukz

Re: [Chosen] late game armour choices

Post#2 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Fortunately/Unfortunately you must slot all invader or equivalient pieces in order to progress to Sov. I believe you can get the unlocks from Invader / Triumphant / Victorious / BloodLord (PVE). cost is much cheaper to go PVE as it doesnt cost anything but time. 2nd would be Invader (decent for s/b) because the war crest costs are much cheaper. If you plan on staying S/B you can go 5 Invader 2 Sov around 74 I think for the invader bonuses + wounds sov bonus, then switch out as you progress thru your 70's Or some such :)
-= Agony =-

lemao

Post#3 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:35 pm

I would not waste any crests on invader if your plan is to get full defensive Sov (BIS).
Get 4 pieces of vanq + 3 pieces Redeye, its really solid. Get your unlocks through pve and save thousands of crests.

Novokane

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:44 pm

thanks for the reply guys, i'm not worried about saving crests just want to know the optimum combination for those two tiers. I don't do PVE due to family / time constraints so the only options would be best out of vanq / inv / sov. Thanks in advance!

Detangler

Post#5 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:21 pm

For sword/board - full def sov or mix with Triumphant.
2h - warlord/off sov/ victorious - any mix has its benefits and drawbacks. I'd personally avoid picking anything with weaponskill on it since it doesn't affect your good damage dealing abilities in any way.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable