Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Need some help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodGavr

[WP] Need some help

Post#1 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:31 am

I just started playing for VP and it's very nice to play as a healer. I wondered if he was playable in DPS spec. Is it worth trying at all? And if it is playable, then I would like to get as much information as possible, from levelling to high-end content (spec, lvling, renoun, stuff, stats, etc., otherwise most guides are just gray now)

Ads
Scottx125

Re: [WP] Need some help

Post#2 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:34 am

You can try it, but it's very niche. There's 2 types of DPS spec. Wrath and Offensive Grace. Offensive Grace is def more viable as it's primarily a healer, with a dose of damage. Wrath on the other hand, it does decent ST damage. But it's major failing is it's mobility. Which makes it impractical for use in ORVR, it's only decent in small scale. You can use it in ORVR but you need support to bridge your mobility issues.

In terms of build, I'm working towards a 3/3/3 Victorious, Off-Sov and Warlord set. Not as strong DPS wise as another set but it combines a bit of survival with a decent dose of damage. You can run with Bloodlord, but honestly you need the BiS gear for it to be decent. Weapon wise I'd use either Bloodlord for the extra damage or Fortress for more crit and the 25% heal reduction on your target, stack that with your perm 50% heal debuff that's pretty epic.

If you come up with a truly viable ORVR spec, let everyone know xD.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Yazeran

Post#3 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:54 pm

If you want to do dmg you can try Wrath spec, but probably no WB want to have dps WP inside.
They are lack on healers not dps and Salvation WP is great healer.
You have to know, that there is a lot of dps class which will do their jobs better then dps WP.
Wrath build has self heal, so you can use it if you want to solo farm PQ or other solo PvE stuff.

Grace WP is quite a good healer but only in small scale.
In larger fight he will be melt down if not guarded and tanks primaly guard dps.
Most fun i have with this build is in group PvE like dungeons.
But you need decent gear for it.
I would suggest use this build only on higher lvl like lvl40 RR50+
If you want to survive as Grace WP you need a lot of block and lot of strength.
I m just using combination of Vale-Walker set and Sentinel Helm slotted with strength talis + Gunbad block diamond
This gear is easy to get from PvE dungeons.
For Grace spec i run this build:
RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

But in warbands in ORvR I'm always running Salvation build
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

Scottx125

Post#4 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm

I would say, if you go grace. Offensive Grace whilst harder to play, is far more rewarding than defensive Grace. I've got a full defensive spec of Grace that's BiS and it doesn't feel good. You hit like a wet noodle, sure you do decent heals. But Grace is often in a position where it's wanted to do damage and heal. To support DPS.

I agree with @Yazeran with the Wrath, no WB is going to want you. Now obviously don't let that discourage you. WP can be deadly in small scale, especially duo roaming. But anything bigger than party roaming or SC's you're gonna struggle. I wish they would revamp the WP to be more useful in ORVR as everything should be balanced around that but what can you do.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.