Recent Topics

Ads

Basic Consensus For SW Fixes?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Everdin

Re: Basic Consensus For SW Fixes?

Post#21 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:26 am

Regarding Feasterbomb:
FA do big numbers the screenshot shows it, all "others do way more blablablabla..." is bullshit for there is not much room over 3,5k to cap. Of course a Sorc/BW have a little more burst beside such damage, but most SWs are not aware, you are not bound to this ability, if your target is not dead after FA, just go on with other abilities.
Scout SW is in a good spot singletarget damage wise, a SM in group is just the cherry on top.

PA on SH does less damage, but get damage added at the end, I played both, in a "do i get my targets down" context it doesn't really matter.

Regarding SS:
Playing as Scout the range of SS is ... let's say not optimal and one of (at least my) biggest problems solo as well as in groupfights (get randomly pulled or staggert while trying to apply healdebuff isn't fun).
Applying the healdebuff rips you out of the playstyle you choose as a Scout SW...

... on the other hand, why complaining about a skirmish ability not matching scout playstile, noone said we can have it all!

But at the end, getting a tactic that boosts skirmish range again wouldn't be that bad.

Bring it high in the skirmish tree in combination with the need of a bunch of other tactics you need as scout would bring some downside to scout/SS combination.
But if devs sacrifice powerfull draw for it there would be the next issue with skirmish sw.

Regarding ES:
Everything was said here, make it useable on the move while staying at 100ft would be to much. I for myself prefer the ranger over cast on the move, you can get in range of a target that is otherwise not reachable, for "keep it in range" usage you have a snare.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Farrul

Post#22 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:51 am

Everdin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:26 am Regarding Feasterbomb:
FA do big numbers the screenshot shows it, all "others do way more blablablabla..." is bullshit for there is not much room over 3,5k to cap. Of course a Sorc/BW have a little more burst beside such damage, but most SWs are not aware, you are not bound to this ability, if your target is not dead after FA, just go on with other abilities.
Scout SW is in a good spot singletarget damage wise, a SM in group is just the cherry on top.

PA on SH does less damage, but get damage added at the end, I played both, in a "do i get my targets down" context it doesn't really matter.
If SW Scout is allowed to freecast on a target dummy in a world with no AP issues it would be quite decent indeed. The reality is : it's not just about numbers but how efficient you can apply this damage and Scout SW is not efficient. Lacks the survivability tool-kit of a 'bow' SH to make it a decent kiter. lacks the burst of aformentioned casters and especially their damage on the move burst(as pointed out BW can do similar numbers whilst not having to stand still and cast enjoying a 100ft heal debuff).
Everdin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:26 am
... on the other hand, why complaining about a skirmish ability not matching scout playstile, noone said we can have it all!

But at the end, getting a tactic that boosts skirmish range again wouldn't be that bad.
Have it all? :lol:

This is about throwing a bone to a starved dog.

P.S.Skirmish range increase shouldn't be a new tactic but core effect and adjusted to the split arrows tactic, from a balance point of view it's insane ( or rather a tragedy ) how a ranged spec can remain at 65ft in a world full of melee classes that can reach you in 2 seconds whilst pulling you in like a vacuum cleaner. 75ft should be an absolut minimum but i agree with the OP 80ft is the more appropriate number.
Everdin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:26 am Regarding ES:
Everything was said here, make it useable on the move while staying at 100ft would be to much. I for myself prefer the ranger over cast on the move, you can get in range of a target that is otherwise not reachable, for "keep it in range" usage you have a snare.
Again it's a balance tragedy how eye shot isn't usable on the move whilst in skirmish stance, the range should match the stance (80ft is fine).

The shadow warrior, an elven expert marksman practicing with the finest crafted bows for centuries can't do it whilst some walking fungi who had 3 days practice with some wooden material picked up at the local dump can do it perfectly fine, makes sense.

Everdin

Post#23 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:35 am

Spoiler:
Farrul wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:51 am

If SW Scout is allowed to freecast on a target dummy in a world with no AP issues it would be quite decent indeed. The reality is : it's not just about numbers but how efficient you can apply this damage and Scout SW is not efficient. Lacks the survivability tool-kit of a 'bow' SH to make it a decent kiter. lacks the burst of aformentioned casters and especially their damage on the move burst(as pointed out BW can do similar numbers whilst not having to stand still and cast enjoying a 100ft heal debuff).

P.S.Skirmish range increase shouldn't be a new tactic but core effect and adjusted to the split arrows tactic, from a balance point of view it's insane ( or rather a tragedy ) how a ranged spec can remain at 65ft in a world full of melee classes that can reach you in 2 seconds whilst pulling you in like a vacuum cleaner. 75ft should be an absolut minimum but i agree with the OP 80ft is the more appropriate number.
Again it's a balance tragedy how eye shot isn't usable on the move whilst in skirmish stance, the range should match the stance (80ft is fine).

The shadow warrior, an elven expert marksman practicing with the finest crafted bows for centuries can't do it whilst some walking fungi who had 3 days practice with some wooden material picked up at the local dump can do it perfectly fine, makes sense.
Hm should I make clearer that I currently play Scout SW? Beside the fact that I am a horrible solo Player I do pretty well with the spec, not perfectly good, but not worse then with BW (nearly same rr/equip). To be fair, I'm talking about solo/group (both sc and open) not about warband.

Skirmish should be reworked completly for it is a half baked mess, aoe closed combat class without survivability. SH got aoe short range on his "tanky"-tree. No doubt, something has to happen there. But just say "I want range on SS, i want ES on the move AND on big range, i want it all!" isn't the way how you balance things.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Lileldys

Post#24 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:29 pm

Everdin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:35 am
Spoiler:
Farrul wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:51 am

Hm should I make clearer that I currently play Scout SW? Beside the fact that I am a horrible solo Player I do pretty well with the spec, not perfectly good, but not worse then with BW (nearly same rr/equip). To be fair, I'm talking about solo/group (both sc and open) not about warband.

Skirmish should be reworked completly for it is a half baked mess, aoe closed combat class without survivability. SH got aoe short range on his "tanky"-tree. No doubt, something has to happen there. But just say "I want range on SS, i want ES on the move AND on big range, i want it all!" isn't the way how you balance things.
You can shoot the dummies in Altdorf and see the DPS, its not substantial. Eagle Eye with "No Quarter" on a no defence target is still on 650 dps no crits, 1k with all crits. A Slayer/WH/WL will do that on Auto Attacks. Eagle Eye is also 50AP with the Crit bonus. Use it 5 times and you're out, 6 if you're a higher RR. Now consider this on a guarded, medium armour class, lol.
Fester with WW is still only 750dps and 1.25k with crit on these same defenceless targets.

BHA equates to 130 DPS no crits, and Shadow sting 150 dps no crits.

EE+BHA+SS on a Guarded MDPS with 50% armour, you're doing like 250dps no crits, with arguably the worst AP costs of any class.

It should be able to stack damage, so lets consider the best way you could. Due to travel times best case you can stack is BHA/SS/Fester/FTW
1 tick of both DoTs + FA/FTW only comes out to close to 4k tooltip damage. Once you factor in defences like armor, toughness, Guard/Challenge, you really do drop this number a lot.

Everdin

Post#25 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:00 pm

The Dummys are not "no defence" not sure about the original stats but they should be on the range of a mdps with good armor and toughness, in fact the damage on most targets except of tanks is higher.
Edit: Sry, of course Dummys are defenceless, postet damage is on the puppets, corrected values for dummy in orange

Eagle Eye on Acid Arrow:
660 (1,2k crit)
1,1k (1,8k crit)

Feastering Arrow:
1,5k (2,4k crit)
1,6k (2,9k crit)

Glass Arrow
700 (1,4k crit)

Fell the Weak on Acid Arrow:
870 (1,2k crit) - 1,1k (1,9k) with vengance - spirit instead of physical
1,3k (2,2k crit) - 1,7k (2,8k crit) with vengance - spirit instead of physical
Over 30% the damage should be a bit lower then Eagle Eye but higher then Glass Arrow

Rapid FIre on Acid Arrow:
220 (380) crit
360 (630 crit)

Except Fell the Weak all dps is without 25% from vengance (+10% on Rapid Fire)

YES - Steady aim is on so I run in a AP hole from time to time, but so I do on Lion/Slayer/Sorc(if not using AP buff), BW and so on. If this is holding you back from killing something hunter favor and replenishment strikes are your friends.

If you have to take out something quick -> focus mind, if you are able to get a good WW SM, Focus Mind -> Vengance -> FA FA FA FA in this case the only thing preventing you from Killing your target is toughness or guard, just choose your targets wiseley and you will succeed

Disclaimer: I did not stand 5h at the dummys/puppets these values are based on a few hits, there may be damage above and below this values on a series of hits, but it should be in the same range!

Edit2: Regarding Auto Attack from Slayer/Wh/Lion the AA from wh is on the same value as SW, Slayer full pumped is of course higher but not nealry in the range of my SW abilitys, Lion AA is much higher due to 2h
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

BluIzLucky

Post#26 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:35 pm

Everdin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:00 pm ...If this is holding you back from killing something hunter favor and replenishment strikes are your friends...
Don't mean to disrupt but...
Save Hunter's Favor for when the party needs it, you only get 20 AP over 9 sec being that it costs 25 and only gives back 45, if you need AP you are literally better off skipping a GCD and waiting for an AP tick or two (bit surprised nobody called for this to cost 0 AP, could even be off GCD too).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Manatikik

Post#27 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:02 am

What the **** are you guys doing to hit so weak with Fester... literally hit the dummy for over 3k naked.
<Montague><Capulet>

Everdin

Post#28 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:36 am

Manatikik wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:02 am What the **** are you guys doing to hit so weak with Fester... literally hit the dummy for over 3k naked.
Like mentioned in the Text, Numbers are without VoN, it's on 3,6k crit with VoN
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

Ads
Lileldys

Post#29 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:59 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:35 pm
Everdin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:00 pm ...If this is holding you back from killing something hunter favor and replenishment strikes are your friends...
Don't mean to disrupt but...
Save Hunter's Favor for when the party needs it, you only get 20 AP over 9 sec being that it costs 25 and only gives back 45, if you need AP you are literally better off skipping a GCD and waiting for an AP tick or two (bit surprised nobody called for this to cost 0 AP, could even be off GCD too).
Tooltip is bugged, actually lasts for 15seconds., so 75 AP, still its not a lot where your healers are pumping a lot more than that!

Replenishing Strike slotting while already being heavily tactic dependadnt with no quarter/enchanted arrows/instinctive aim means you'll loose bullseye which is a large dps increase.

geezereur

Post#30 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:03 am

They should make Steady Aim be a dam proc again that was way better than it is now.