Recent Topics

Ads

Basic Consensus For SW Fixes?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ruin

Re: Basic Consensus For SW Fixes?

Post#61 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:06 pm

dtjror wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:43 pm
Avernus wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:58 am
Ruin wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:39 am I would propose those changes improve SW, they don’t require new abilities or tactics just improve on the existing ones:

- Revert damage changes for BHA, back to the multiplier before the change with stacking BHA
- Make Split Arrows affect Draw Blood, and Grim Slash so it would affect area around your target, maybe a 50% -75% of the area.
- Swap Flame arrow with Eye Shot to Scout, since its affected by this mastery tactics,
1. Can't say anything about this.
2. Basically, allow aSW to do AoE. Dunno i'm not sure that this should be a top priority change but...Split Arrows are kinda useless now anyway unless you just want to leech rr.
3. It's not even improvement (more like rollback) but yes - just make Eye Shot like it was before.
Personally I hated BHA stacking - what a drool sh*t mechanic. But if they put FA back in Scout with 100 ft range, and provided a way for SS to be cast close to that (old Powerful Draw), then you could stack 3 dots at (close to) max range again, with the added bonus of one of them being AOE and one being healdebuff. Plus they should change BHA and SS to be resistance based, so the dots suck just a little less.

Reducing the CD on Sweeping Slash is the easier solution to melee AOE. Seems to be pretty wide consensus on that being needed/wanted.
I did not ment to make BHA stack again, but when they made stacking available, then they lowered the overall damage of it, its multiplier this is what I ment.

Ads
Farrul

Post#62 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:37 am

wiscel wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:01 pm I lost count the times Whirling Pin on my SW was not working at all. All I see in my combat log it is being parried or blocked.
Yes, Whirling Pin does not have a functional interruption fail check like most abilities, that means whenever a knockdown/interrupt happens Whirling Pin will often(i'd say at least about 50% of the time) go into cooldown(visual effect around the character will trigger) but the actual self-punt won't work.

Would be nice if it was fixed to behave like a normal ability, i.e if interrupted before use it need to cancel itself completely and be available for use after the knockdown/stagger/whatever effect ends. As it is, a death sentence since SW unlike SH do not have much else to create distance from a target.

P.S. alternatively just fixed to self-punt at all times without any exception, point is that the self-punt should never be compromised as it is the main defence of the ability, it just sucks atm with all the CC destro has.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#63 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:50 am

Anything you change on SW will have to be applied on SH and Marauder.

But I think that SW should have a stealth ability like the night elves of WoW.

Avernus

Post#64 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:18 am

Belanoite wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:50 am Anything you change on SW will have to be applied on SH and Marauder.

If it's something about mirrored abilities then sure. I don't think that mara needs the range of his skills increased.

And yeah, this stealth+no movement ability would be nice but don't think this will ever happen. Still more lore-wise than stealthy assassin WE though...

dtjror

Post#65 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:47 pm

Belanoite wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:50 am Anything you change on SW will have to be applied on SH and Marauder.

Uh, how about the other way around? Would love to have SW be made equivalent to SH just with stances (buff only) instead of pet. No shot restrictions, range increase on everything, bunch more survival abilities, shall I go on?

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#66 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:58 pm

pls nerf SW, it's too op

Avernus

Post#67 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:09 am

Oh joy, new patch - and something for SW at last! Oh wait...well, event is good.

Morradin

Post#68 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:45 pm

I moved to playing Destro a few months ago and I am even working on playing a SH. I do not know why all the complaints about the pet, I do not seem to have any problems with it running off, dying, or whatnot. But I also keep it at passive, so it stays next to me at all times giving me the buffs. (I do not play MSH at all, just ranged)

If I want my pet to attack I have all the pet commands bound to keys and my mouse. I can add pet damage, or KD and debuffs to target when needed, and recall pet if not. Again, I never had any pet problems on rSH with the pet. And definately rSH is a lot more powerful than SW, and a lot easier to play since I do not have to switch stances to get access to all abilities.

Ads
Avernus

Post#69 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:37 pm

Just realised. SH now has ranged knockdown too. And yes you can cast it while moving. And it's from Quick shootin tree. WHY? I just don't can't see any reason to do this changes to SW except for make it worse than SH.

Farrul

Post#70 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:08 pm

Except for SH equivalent of Whirling Pin which also deserves to be fixed/improved (although less urgent, SW is the one suffering not SH ) i can't think of anything else from these suggestions that would need apply to SH that is in a decent spot and archer spec feels strong and smooth to play.

As for Marauder it need bug fixes(nerfs) and is otherwise one of the strongest rvr dps classes in the game belonging to the meta for sure (Pull range bug - in the bugtracker - and apparently the free 5th tactic bug is still working and is not fixed for maras but not 100% sure on this one)

So no, not really. SW is the one dps class in the game right now that need to be looked at proper.

P.S. ''Shadowmeld'' ability like the night elves in WoW would be fitting thematically although no idea about the lore, not sure how effective it could be when this game already offers a lot better spots to hide (immobile) through terrain and objects compared to a game like WoW, would be neat nonetheless.

Avernus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:09 am Oh joy, new patch - and something for SW at last! Oh wait...well, event is good.
I think they assembled a group of dedicated people that would look into/handle class balance, but except for bug fixes(which of course is a good thing) we haven't seen anything impactful in a long while, so yes the status quo is real unfortunately, hopefully something will happen.