Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Let's talk about... everything else
Azhag

Re: Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#51 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:15 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:22 pm How much more dev time and player rewards/bribes are needed to get people to play a game mode that clearly they do not want to play?
Not so much if you do it wisely:
1. Do research with those who don't play ranked.
2. Understand what the problem is.
3. Make hypotheses for solutions to the problem.
4. Test these solutions with a minimum of development.
5. Develop better solutions that work.

This is a standard process of product development. And among other things there is no need to reinvent the wheel when you can also look at the best practices of games in which this mode is alive, such as the arena in World of Warcraft which has been played for decades.

Instead of that some random decision like “let's lock the best equipment under the rating” is taken, which doesn't work and it's concluded that the mode is not necessary and it should be closed. No, that's not how it's supposed to work.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Ads
cromathor

Post#52 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:28 am

The price for the Triumphant/Victorious Jewelry is fine. It's just the right amount of massive grind that players will only attempt to get it on their most favorite toons, and the bonus you get from it is just the right amount of rewarding for the grind without being insanely broken and overpowered.

JohnnyWayne

Post#53 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm

cromathor wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:28 am The price for the Triumphant/Victorious Jewelry is fine. It's just the right amount of massive grind that players will only attempt to get it on their most favorite toons, and the bonus you get from it is just the right amount of rewarding for the grind without being insanely broken and overpowered.
So, I have it on my AM and my Slayer. Im currently playing my WP to get it there for salvation and grace. Your point was again?

Scottx125

Post#54 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:14 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm
cromathor wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:28 am The price for the Triumphant/Victorious Jewelry is fine. It's just the right amount of massive grind that players will only attempt to get it on their most favorite toons, and the bonus you get from it is just the right amount of rewarding for the grind without being insanely broken and overpowered.
So, I have it on my AM and my Slayer. Im currently playing my WP to get it there for salvation and grace. Your point was again?
His point was the price is fine and doesn't need to be changed, which I agree with, it's like a 1-5% performance improvement for 10x the normal cost not efficient but as an end game piece of gear it doesn't matter, with full sov you're already at 95% of your gear needs. Btw, you need 2 for Salv/Grace, they don't use the same ring.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

cromathor

Post#55 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:54 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm So, I have it on my AM and my Slayer. Im currently playing my WP to get it there for salvation and grace. Your point was again?
Read my comment, then read yours and ask yourself which one is missing a point.

One was a clearly stated opinion explaining my point of view, while yours is just a cringe forced attempt to brag about your toons.

JohnnyWayne

Post#56 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:27 am

cromathor wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:54 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm So, I have it on my AM and my Slayer. Im currently playing my WP to get it there for salvation and grace. Your point was again?
Read my comment, then read yours and ask yourself which one is missing a point.

One was a clearly stated opinion explaining my point of view, while yours is just a cringe forced attempt to brag about your toons.
No. Read your Post:
So far, I've been getting it on all my toons, where (and because) it is the best in slot gear. Your point is false and your attempt of justifying it, is what is cringe. If you don't intent to equip your characters most optimally in the first place, then you have no say in this.
Scottx125 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:14 pm Btw, you need 2 for Salv/Grace, they don't use the same ring.
I am aware, thanks. And for different classes these triumphant set bonuses have different impacts (on slayer and RP for example, they are a considerable improvment).

Ashoris

Post#57 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:53 am

the Price is fine because:

1) Its the last bit of performance ... you can easily live/survive without it.
2) there is a huge amount of people who need a carrot in front of them to play their toon .... this is the perfect carrot - because its far away. (when Vanquisher was max gear the forum was full of people complaining about no new gear, no reason to play because no new "loot").
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

dwyur

Post#58 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Ashoris wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:53 am the Price is fine because:

2) there is a huge amount of people who need a carrot in front of them to play their toon .... this is the perfect carrot - because its far away. (when Vanquisher was max gear the forum was full of people complaining about no new gear, no reason to play because no new "loot").
Facts, 9999 is fine.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ads
cromathor

Post#59 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:48 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:27 am So far, I've been getting it on all my toons, where (and because) it is the best in slot gear. Your point is false and your attempt of justifying it, is what is cringe. If you don't intent to equip your characters most optimally in the first place, then you have no say in this.
lol what a **** peach you are.

Amdus

Post#60 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:40 am

Azhag wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:15 pm Not so much if you do it wisely:
1. Do research with those who don't play ranked.
2. Understand what the problem is.
3. Make hypotheses for solutions to the problem.
4. Test these solutions with a minimum of development.
5. Develop better solutions that work.

This is a standard process of product development. And among other things there is no need to reinvent the wheel when you can also look at the best practices of games in which this mode is alive, such as the arena in World of Warcraft which has been played for decades.

Instead of that some random decision like “let's lock the best equipment under the rating” is taken, which doesn't work and it's concluded that the mode is not necessary and it should be closed. No, that's not how it's supposed to work.

I think that having the entire set locked behind rating requirements and a complete overhaul in terms of balance is the only viable solution to ever bring back ranked naturally and even improve the game quality altogether.

Ashoris wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:53 am the Price is fine because:

A couple of wotlk private servers have been running for 10 years without any new gear, content or updates at all and they have more than 30k players at peak hours, so I fail to see your carrot logic here, big time. Maybe the reason is that there's a massive underlying issue that most people don't want to admit or even see. Living in denial has expiration date.