Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Let's talk about... everything else
Cyrylius

Re: Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#71 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:55 pm

Avernus wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:37 am
lemao wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:21 am Why should it be changed to RR80 ?
By the time you farm your 10 k crests for the ring you will be rr 80 + automatically anyways, probably even rr 83 +...It literally doesnt matter if you change the requirement to wear the ring to rr 80.
Because the only more or less acceptable reason for this price to exist is to have it on endgame gear. 80 RR is good for endgame gear. As it is now - it's overcosted nonsense.
It's not endgame stat wise, it gives (by itself) much less than sov jewels. Its cost comes from the fact that its one of two gear pieces you can slot special talismans on, and those are not tied to renown. Just like sentinel ring has no price by itself, as a matter of fact, and used to be much harder to obtain. Those are two most unique gear pieces in game, and you can't compare their price to anything else. And that's without considering the whole ranked part.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Avernus

Post#72 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:55 am

Cyrylius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:55 pm 1. It's not endgame stat wise, it gives (by itself) much less than sov jewels.
2. Its cost comes from the fact that its one of two gear pieces you can slot special talismans on, and those are not tied to renown. Just like sentinel ring has no price by itself, as a matter of fact, and used to be much harder to obtain.
3. Those are two most unique gear pieces in game, and you can't compare their price to anything else.
4. And that's without considering the whole ranked part.
1. Yes.
2. Not exactly - it's an oppurtunity to mix a set bonuses from a set that is better than sentinel without losing an opportunity to slot special talisman.
3. Indeed. And the most unique feature of this gear - it's huge price.
4. To be honest - i do not care about ranked at all, all this "6vs6" requires to adjust some classes to be useful in ranked. Obviously, this can (will...or is it already happened?) lead to the balance problems in RvR. This game is RvR, not an 6vs6 arena right?. And this ranked is kinda...feels dead. (and should be dead). This is my (totally biased) opinion about ranked.

Cyrylius

Post#73 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:14 am

Avernus wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:55 am
Cyrylius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:55 pm 1. It's not endgame stat wise, it gives (by itself) much less than sov jewels.
2. Its cost comes from the fact that its one of two gear pieces you can slot special talismans on, and those are not tied to renown. Just like sentinel ring has no price by itself, as a matter of fact, and used to be much harder to obtain.
3. Those are two most unique gear pieces in game, and you can't compare their price to anything else.
4. And that's without considering the whole ranked part.
1. Yes.
2. Not exactly - it's an oppurtunity to mix a set bonuses from a set that is better than sentinel without losing an opportunity to slot special talisman.
3. Indeed. And the most unique feature of this gear - it's huge price.
4. To be honest - i do not care about ranked at all, all this "6vs6" requires to adjust some classes to be useful in ranked. Obviously, this can (will...or is it already happened?) lead to the balance problems in RvR. This game is RvR, not an 6vs6 arena right?. And this ranked is kinda...feels dead. (and should be dead). This is my (totally biased) opinion about ranked.
Huge price cause one of those is mandatory in any build. And ranked had a decent amount of participants for a few seasons, if you check leaderboards you will see about 2-3 hundreds of players, after excluding alts. That being said, ring requiring ranked was a skill gate: you had to learn a very different style of playing and commit a lot of time and effort to get it. Price is an attempt to quantify that skill requirement, and some argue it's not high enough precisely because you can't quantify skill: the item itself used to signify proficiency, now it's no longer the case.
Orvr ring could maybe require winning City instances as a 24 man, but I think its too late to make this change now.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Avernus

Post#74 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:17 am

Cyrylius wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:14 am 1. Huge price cause one of those is mandatory in any build. And ranked had a decent amount of participants for a few seasons, if you check leaderboards you will see about 2-3 hundreds of players, after excluding alts. That being said, ring requiring ranked was a skill gate: you had to learn a very different style of playing and commit a lot of time and effort to get it. Price is an attempt to quantify that skill requirement, and some argue it's not high enough precisely because you can't quantify skill: the item itself used to signify proficiency, now it's no longer the case.

2. Orvr ring could maybe require winning City instances as a 24 man, but I think its too late to make this change now.
1. Yes, this ring is basically the remnant of this ranked system and a way to show off while getting nice set bonuses. Can't say that this is wrong -we are playing MMORPG after all.

Current ranking isn't a thing - and to be honest i don't think that it should get any attention soon - server population isn't great and spending resources to fix the niche thing like ranked should not be a top priority. Balance/RvR/Quality of life are far more important that this.

That's why i think that this price should be adjusted to the current state of the game - ranked is dead (it's still twitching sometimes but...), population isn't great and class balance (at least for me, sucks to be SW now) not in a great spot either.

Scottx125

Post#75 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:30 pm

The whole point of the gear was to give people an incentive to do ranked. As hardly anyone wanted to do it. Tbf, nobody wants to do it anyway really so.. Imo, ranked can still exist, but it shouldn't have gear tied to it or artificially inflated prices to it's gear. Ranked should be about prestige items, cosmetics, mounts etc. Nothing else.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Alubert

Post#76 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:27 pm

I do not agree with the assertion made.
Triu/Vict jewellery should only be available for playing ranked sc or should definitely be more expensive.
That way I still have a carrot to play 80+ characters.
I've already bought a few for 10k crests and am still working on more.
There are very few goals you can put on 80+ characters and this is one of the few.
I'm hoping in the future over cosmetic gear that will give us more crests :)

This is not a moba just an mmo so farming is a part of the game.
And yes after the changes leveling and getting gear is trivial so don't overdo it.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

nebelwerfer

Post#77 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:45 pm

Ranked was a lot of fun sometimes, sad its gone. They should do more with it, like 2v2s, 3v3s, 5v5 etc. Playing mix faction was also real interesting.

Worst part about ranked though, was that losing a 6v6 is too hard so it made it boring and tedious, most wins come from not skill but **** which in turn makes it inherently toxic.

low rewards for such an effort to even qualify for the unique currency. It needs some work

WaaaghBoy88

Post#78 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:02 am

No. Cut the price in half. 4k. People have lives outside of the game and play other games, as well. By forcing them to farm for a set that on a technicality should be weaker than sov, just so they can remain competitive with others who have no lives and can farm the stuff in a single month tops, is a total insult to those who put in the hours, days and weeks grinding Sovereign and Warlord gear respectively.

First of all, Ranked should be deconstructed. Provide all Ranked Reward-Items to RR80+ characters for high but fair prices that gives them a reason to farm warcrests, other than the facial cosmetics to use at RR85. This would solve the problem. 9,999 crests for a single ring that basically subverts the purpose behind sovereign gear is beyond idiotic. Slash the price by half, it's only fair.

Secondly, the RR75 weapons, Jewellery set and TOVL sets haven't been released yet. These are supposed to be the endgame tier itemsets that should turn LOTD battlegrounds into a slaughter field. And because the zone itself is fun (back on live, that is). So this ring should be given what it deserves: A price reduction, and prepared to become a stepping stone upgrade. Sure, have it replace Sentinel Ring, PVE gear is always inferior to PVP gear, perhaps have the Tyrant gear set be the only solid counter set to Triumphant. But the fact is that in terms of "endgame gear", there are every few choices right now and as a result it's unbalanced.

Ads
Martok

Post#79 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:19 am

Tanski wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:44 pmIf ranked isn’t making a comeback maybe put the ring behind city so we can have more sweaty cities

The High Elves approve this message.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

WaaaghBoy88

Post#80 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:32 am

Wam wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:03 am
Mordd wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:55 pm
Wam wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:53 pm
if you change price you create drama
Not really most I have talked to that have it had no issue with cutting the price in half and actually supported this. it makes it easier for them the next time.
The only people that I can see against this are people that want to keep their advantage.

You are a good player. Do you really need a gear advantage too? No you dont. All this is for is so you can farm more kills easier.
Good groups even in lower gear can handle randoms and pugs. So this just allows you to do it faster and kill more of them.

or do you need a gear advantage to fight other good groups?

Cutting the price in half doesnt hurt anything but the ego of some people.
you do create drama because its whats next to complain about after you give in yet again, people always find something to QQ on

was same when global rewards was introduced in bags, and people still complain about it whilst having no idea how it was many years ago when you actually had to put in alot of effort to earn things like genesis... but over time things have become easier and more catered to pugs, the same people who complain and its never enough, just like sov as become so much easier to obtain...

I know good players with rings, and can farm people with their BIS or with their under geared lowbie. I personally rather gear multiple characters then worry too much about one ring, its long term goals but most people want "short term" and QQ because they have to put in some effort. You can even casually get many crests a week via cities/sc event/weekly rvr event.
Boo hoo. You think I want to farm for a second character the exact same cost for my first, repeating the entire process over again, and in your small little mind, somehow conceive the notion that I won't go insane from the shred boredom of repetivity? That being a mindless drone and playing the game not for the games same, but simply grinding for a coin is somehow...'FUN'? This isn't a bitcoin farm lmao, it's supposed to be a videogame.

It was because of people like you who played with premade only Order warband's, that damned Destro players to barely even acquire a single piece of sovereign within a single month until the blessed current overhaul that saved the game from itself. And thought that was fine despite how uneven it forced the game to be. How miserable it was for players who didn't win 9/10 times of the week. But for Order? It was a proverbial monopoly. Order players outgearing Destro players and hitting RR80 on multiple occasions was commonplace and literally a community-wide inside joke.

No one forgets how bad fighting over tablescrap equivalents of currency rewards between others was. No one misses that, except narcissistic psychopaths like yourself who think it's some kind of stance of privilege to grind endless hours for a single virtual item that isn't supposed to even be an endgame item in the first place.

So yeah. NO.