Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Let's talk about... everything else
lemao

Re: Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#41 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:12 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:21 pm
Lisutaris wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:54 pm --> Sentinel belt and jewelry is pretty easy to obtain. Beastlord or Vale Walker could also be an option.....
As Asderas has also mentioned ... with the unification of the currency ... you can decide how to get to those crests. (Scenarios OR RvR)

Try some other classes and take your time/chill. You will also have a nice "crest boost" with the weekly live event.
I mean RvR weekly are 150 crests as a free bonus (which does not take that much time to achieve). Players with less time available will have a better crest/time ratio thanks to these weekly events.

And yes, as you have mentioned ... "taking it away" ... sure if nobody has it anymore, I can agree, the power gap will be the ~same.
BUT the already invested time is gone and taken away and that's simply not acceptable. As you have mentioned yourself .... it takes some (a LOT of) time to get it ... that's why all the salt and tears are flowing. Deleting invested time of other players is not the solution ... alone thinking about it tells alot of the personality of these ppl. my 2 cents.
Some of us farmed warlord, both sov sets and hundreds (some thousands) of spare royal crests from actual city sieges and that was supposed to be the end game gear. Now it's available through scenarios and basic open rvr.
So did the poeple who grinded for the ring, before they made the change to obtain it with war crests.

Ads
Omegus

Post#42 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:48 pm

lemao wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:12 pm
Lisutaris wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:54 pm --> Sentinel belt and jewelry is pretty easy to obtain. Beastlord or Vale Walker could also be an option.....
As Asderas has also mentioned ... with the unification of the currency ... you can decide how to get to those crests. (Scenarios OR RvR)

Try some other classes and take your time/chill. You will also have a nice "crest boost" with the weekly live event.
I mean RvR weekly are 150 crests as a free bonus (which does not take that much time to achieve). Players with less time available will have a better crest/time ratio thanks to these weekly events.

And yes, as you have mentioned ... "taking it away" ... sure if nobody has it anymore, I can agree, the power gap will be the ~same.
BUT the already invested time is gone and taken away and that's simply not acceptable. As you have mentioned yourself .... it takes some (a LOT of) time to get it ... that's why all the salt and tears are flowing. Deleting invested time of other players is not the solution ... alone thinking about it tells alot of the personality of these ppl. my 2 cents.
Some of us farmed warlord, both sov sets and hundreds (some thousands) of spare royal crests from actual city sieges and that was supposed to be the end game gear. Now it's available through scenarios and basic open rvr.
So did the poeple who grinded for the ring, before they made the change to obtain it with war crests.
Yep, and you didn't see the sov people crying this hard about the change to the costs and how to get it.

Changes to gear costs happen all the time. Sentinel Rings were 13 runs of city dungeons, now it's 6 or so? It's an alpha server with no refunds, and there's no need to keep two specific items at such a high cost due to the people who already farmed it the "hard way", something that was not done for other gear that had its costs reworked.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Lisutaris

Post#43 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:11 pm

yes but it does not devalue the set at all, only makes it (way) more easy to obtain. And it is still end game gear. Same thing as with the 9999 crest jewelry ... I really don't see the problem here.... It will always be like this, as you want (the majority of) ppl to catch up -> to keep it competitive.
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Morradin

Post#44 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:20 pm

With ranked dead the crests needed for Triumph should be included in blue-purple and gold city bags.

Sulorie

Post#45 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:23 am

normanis wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:57 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:49 pm
normanis wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:45 pm adding triumphant emblem in city siege bags its good idea to keep city sieges more popular. atleast after x amount city sieges u can bue your triumphant ring.
triumphant ring is bis becaus its take slot 3 not slot4.
Warlord ring has no talisman slot, which seems to be the key factor for slot 3 items.
well than add, :)
ppl would run 2-3 warlord and rest is sovereign. warlord ring give some boost even without talisman slot. also pve rings should have talisman slot(because its make pve c/t runs special). and rr rings shoud not have it. we are already walking around like doomforged or warpforged animals around from life.
No good, alternative specs are excluded from sentinel jewel, because it's only itemized for "main"-spec. Ranked jewel is the only option for them to actually get a jewel with slot without taking items with bad stats just for the talisman slot.
Dying is no option.

normanis

Post#46 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:12 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:23 am
normanis wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:57 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:49 pm
Warlord ring has no talisman slot, which seems to be the key factor for slot 3 items.
well than add, :)
ppl would run 2-3 warlord and rest is sovereign. warlord ring give some boost even without talisman slot. also pve rings should have talisman slot(because its make pve c/t runs special). and rr rings shoud not have it. we are already walking around like doomforged or warpforged animals around from life.
No good, alternative specs are excluded from sentinel jewel, because it's only itemized for "main"-spec. Ranked jewel is the only option for them to actually get a jewel with slot without taking items with bad stats just for the talisman slot.
u mean heal wp need take sentinel ring vs triumphant? for example for crit heal talisman
well like i mentioned before and some ather person add triumpant insignias into city siege bags also. u have more city sieges , not 5-6 from 600 players. byt twice more. city is skipped because no real rewards (they get nerfed). why i need waste my time in city siege if i can get same in rvr? with less effort. ranked was created for few ppl on server and than its died. because premades like easy wins vs lower geared ''premades'' or pugs. and not all clases welcome in ranked.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Azhag

Post#47 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Make ranked great again instead of lowering the price of the ring or removing it completely.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Omegus

Post#48 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:22 pm

Azhag wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:02 pm Make ranked great again instead of lowering the price of the ring or removing it completely.
How much more dev time and player rewards/bribes are needed to get people to play a game mode that clearly they do not want to play?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Mordd

Post#49 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:55 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:53 pm
if you change price you create drama
Not really most I have talked to that have it had no issue with cutting the price in half and actually supported this. it makes it easier for them the next time.
The only people that I can see against this are people that want to keep their advantage.

You are a good player. Do you really need a gear advantage too? No you dont. All this is for is so you can farm more kills easier.
Good groups even in lower gear can handle randoms and pugs. So this just allows you to do it faster and kill more of them.

or do you need a gear advantage to fight other good groups?

Cutting the price in half doesnt hurt anything but the ego of some people.

Wam

Post#50 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:03 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:55 pm
Wam wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:53 pm
if you change price you create drama
Not really most I have talked to that have it had no issue with cutting the price in half and actually supported this. it makes it easier for them the next time.
The only people that I can see against this are people that want to keep their advantage.

You are a good player. Do you really need a gear advantage too? No you dont. All this is for is so you can farm more kills easier.
Good groups even in lower gear can handle randoms and pugs. So this just allows you to do it faster and kill more of them.

or do you need a gear advantage to fight other good groups?

Cutting the price in half doesnt hurt anything but the ego of some people.
you do create drama because its whats next to complain about after you give in yet again, people always find something to QQ on

was same when global rewards was introduced in bags, and people still complain about it whilst having no idea how it was many years ago when you actually had to put in alot of effort to earn things like genesis... but over time things have become easier and more catered to pugs, the same people who complain and its never enough, just like sov as become so much easier to obtain...

I know good players with rings, and can farm people with their BIS or with their under geared lowbie. I personally rather gear multiple characters then worry too much about one ring, its long term goals but most people want "short term" and QQ because they have to put in some effort. You can even casually get many crests a week via cities/sc event/weekly rvr event.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]