Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#31 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:50 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:38 am apples and pears. what does lotd have to do with crest grind?
you lacking arguments here.
The very reason why this thing has been introduced.

Carot for ranked, but its op the same way lotd jewelry were for dd only.

Now the carot is gone so it's only a power creep worth only for dd or off tank

Basically dmg dmg dmg, more dmg...it's very restricted utility gear only for a pool of classes with the only result to low ttk. A fail carot.

Ads
Lime

Post#32 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 pm

Please add a quest to get triumphant emblems from kill/win quest in scenario as well as ranked.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Lisutaris

Post#33 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:16 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:46 am
Rydiak wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:21 am
Tesq wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:18 am Simple answer remove the jewelry. DD are alredy powerfull enough introduce this was a mistake.
Great idea if you want to further drive players away from this game.
IF you go for the BIS and everyone lose THE bis gear everyone is alredy BIS, why they should quit? unles they are here for the power creep and gear zombi grind.
Because you usually dont like it if you work towards something and have taken it away ???

Having such items ... with crazy amount of time investment as BIS items .... does not sound so bad to me.
Sure, there could be changes ... like reducing crest costs but adding something else like genesis to it ... or creating a buyable quest starting item for it and have a questline ....
... Important things here are:
- Who wants to obtain this item --> endgame players with RR.
- What should these players do to get it --> right now crest grind -> Scenarios, RVR
If this gets changed ... will it be better than before ? As for right now ... it forces endgame BIS players into doing RvR and Scenarios ... which is a good thing.

If you don't want to be part of the grind ... rerolling on an alt char and lvling up and equipping via crests and dungeons is also an alternative. (and makes low RR gaming and PVE more active)
I don't think there are lots of players thinking .... "oh no ...9999 crests for this jewelry ! only way to get BIS on this char ... I am quitting the game!!!" ... :)

Imo it is not such a bad design as alot of ppl complain about it .... as the game should keep you busy with some sort of task.... designwise it is somewhat boring sure ... but you got a goal to work for :)
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Tesq

Post#34 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:49 am

is not that i dont like power creep, i dont like when it's power creep only for DD... and when it cames to that it should be either nerf or other options being made avaible for other archtype, but i dont see any of this happening so pointless keep defend my opinion...

Littleone

Post#35 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:41 am

Lisutaris wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:16 am
Tesq wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:46 am
Rydiak wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:21 am

Great idea if you want to further drive players away from this game.
IF you go for the BIS and everyone lose THE bis gear everyone is alredy BIS, why they should quit? unles they are here for the power creep and gear zombi grind.
Because you usually dont like it if you work towards something and have taken it away ???

Having such items ... with crazy amount of time investment as BIS items .... does not sound so bad to me.
Sure, there could be changes ... like reducing crest costs but adding something else like genesis to it ... or creating a buyable quest starting item for it and have a questline ....
... Important things here are:
- Who wants to obtain this item --> endgame players with RR.
- What should these players do to get it --> right now crest grind -> Scenarios, RVR
If this gets changed ... will it be better than before ? As for right now ... it forces endgame BIS players into doing RvR and Scenarios ... which is a good thing.

If you don't want to be part of the grind ... rerolling on an alt char and lvling up and equipping via crests and dungeons is also an alternative. (and makes low RR gaming and PVE more active)
I don't think there are lots of players thinking .... "oh no ...9999 crests for this jewelry ! only way to get BIS on this char ... I am quitting the game!!!" ... :)

Imo it is not such a bad design as alot of ppl complain about it .... as the game should keep you busy with some sort of task.... designwise it is somewhat boring sure ... but you got a goal to work for :)
What is being taken away from you or anybody else? The original problem here is a lack of alternative. Solo ranked was originally the way to obtain this jewel and now it is dead. You might be happy to grind almost a BIS set cost to a single item and be happy about it but that's just you. You cannot consider and treat everyone as hardcore players. Majority of the community actually have jobs and real life to focus on. Just imagine how long does it take to reach SOV set with only a few hours play time, a few days of the week. If you say the game is only for hardcore players who are able to play all day, fine happy grinding then. The task I find in the game is not to grind for carrots but to find new alternative builds, improve my play style, mix different sets, try new stat and gear setups, try new party and wb setups. Having to work for something in a game as if you work for retirement in real life doesn't really fit into my sense of game and fun. But then, it is just me like it is just you who likes the idea of grinding. Fine keep it 9999 crests for grindlovers but put an alternative similar to ranked, for instance those who get the max dmg, dbs, protection etc. in every 10 scs be rewarded by an insignia. Or put some daily kill quests for rvr, 200 kills, an insignia, or put insignias in rvr bags.

Asderas27

Post#36 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:30 pm

99% of RoR playerbase doesnt need the ranked ring for whatever box running, solo roaming or pug wbs they take part so stop whining about it. The gearing process has already been made super fast with currency unification. Rn if you wanted to , you can save more than enough crests for couple of sov pieces by the time to hit 40/40. Also if you do have irl responsibilities, maybe have realistic goals. If you can't put in the same time as others, you shouldn't expect same results/rewards. I don't have a single ranked ring on any of my characters and a bunch of my guildies dont have them as well but that hasn't stopped them from enjoying the game in any way whatsoever.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

normanis

Post#37 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:57 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:49 pm
normanis wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:45 pm adding triumphant emblem in city siege bags its good idea to keep city sieges more popular. atleast after x amount city sieges u can bue your triumphant ring.
triumphant ring is bis becaus its take slot 3 not slot4.
Warlord ring has no talisman slot, which seems to be the key factor for slot 3 items.
well than add, :)
ppl would run 2-3 warlord and rest is sovereign. warlord ring give some boost even without talisman slot. also pve rings should have talisman slot(because its make pve c/t runs special). and rr rings shoud not have it. we are already walking around like doomforged or warpforged animals around from life.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Lisutaris

Post#38 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:54 pm

--> Sentinel belt and jewelry is pretty easy to obtain. Beastlord or Vale Walker could also be an option.....
As Asderas has also mentioned ... with the unification of the currency ... you can decide how to get to those crests. (Scenarios OR RvR)

Try some other classes and take your time/chill. You will also have a nice "crest boost" with the weekly live event.
I mean RvR weekly are 150 crests as a free bonus (which does not take that much time to achieve). Players with less time available will have a better crest/time ratio thanks to these weekly events.

And yes, as you have mentioned ... "taking it away" ... sure if nobody has it anymore, I can agree, the power gap will be the ~same.
BUT the already invested time is gone and taken away and that's simply not acceptable. As you have mentioned yourself .... it takes some (a LOT of) time to get it ... that's why all the salt and tears are flowing. Deleting invested time of other players is not the solution ... alone thinking about it tells alot of the personality of these ppl. my 2 cents.
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

Ads
Omegus

Post#39 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Lisutaris wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:54 pm --> Sentinel belt and jewelry is pretty easy to obtain. Beastlord or Vale Walker could also be an option.....
As Asderas has also mentioned ... with the unification of the currency ... you can decide how to get to those crests. (Scenarios OR RvR)

Try some other classes and take your time/chill. You will also have a nice "crest boost" with the weekly live event.
I mean RvR weekly are 150 crests as a free bonus (which does not take that much time to achieve). Players with less time available will have a better crest/time ratio thanks to these weekly events.

And yes, as you have mentioned ... "taking it away" ... sure if nobody has it anymore, I can agree, the power gap will be the ~same.
BUT the already invested time is gone and taken away and that's simply not acceptable. As you have mentioned yourself .... it takes some (a LOT of) time to get it ... that's why all the salt and tears are flowing. Deleting invested time of other players is not the solution ... alone thinking about it tells alot of the personality of these ppl. my 2 cents.
Some of us farmed warlord, both sov sets and hundreds (some thousands) of spare royal crests from actual city sieges and that was supposed to be the end game gear. Now it's available through scenarios and basic open rvr.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Anoobyz

Post#40 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:54 pm

Yea i made post few weeks ago, tbh I was returner player and i got that ring on my BW in 3 weeks of farming (not turbo active tho , bur my BW was SOV geared) now i stop played my BW lel and restarted SW who have more survivability, more skirmish nd at the end more dmg overall. Still need to buy whole BiS set and ring so i feel u man ....maybe they lower price at least on 5k or so.......