Recent Topics

Ads

BigBalanceBrainStorm

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SuperStar

BigBalanceBrainStorm

Post#1 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:24 am

Hi! We have heard rumours about the new ability framework.
I think this is the good time for ideas and wishes.
I made a google doc its available for comment. BigBalanceBrainStorm is here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dGR ... p=drivesdk

Big Balance Brainstorm

Targets

optimize racial tactic

Current situation:

Dwarf has 50% CC reduction and armor
Empire has absorb (which is now epic, no crit on it) and 25% chance on direct heal 1350 health
Elf has proc dot (which is OP proc dmg ignore toughness)
and attacks 10% chance reduced to defended
BO/CH has 1600 wounds and 25% crit dmg (witch is weak)
SH/SH has detaunt and runaway
Darkelf 10% more heal and any time kill regen 471 over 9sec very weak
Chaos has absorb (which is now epic, no crit on it) and 25% elemental dot

The resist tactics are completely useless.

Solution:
Make the absorb only for TANK tactic like toughness.
Give the Empire -10 incoming crit chance.
Give the Chaos +10 crit chance.

Give the Choppa 50% crit dmg.
Give the BO health regen 800/4sec. OR give the BO punt immunity tactic as racial.

Dark elf should get the 10% chance reduced to defended not the elf. Elf should get the more heal. Lorefrindly too. Dark elf racial tactics SUCKS so yeah change those completely, but don't rob the tactic from other races pls. I would change the 10% incoming increase in heal for something like AP cost reduced by 5% per enemy within 30fts (capped at 8 enemies), and the heal on kill *could* be fine just make it instant heal instead of HoT so killing multiple enemies or mob in a row heals you more than before where it just refresh the weak HoT, reduce total heal but grant some AP on kill too (like 20 or so).

The resist tactics should give all resist and lot more 1000 resist for each type.

-The tactic improving the resists is own by every class and is on of the most useless, I agree, but the problem is more than resists sucks overall. Imo giving 1000 in one kind of resists is not the answer and is kinda ridiculous, change the tactic so you can select between 300 in a resist of you choice or +100 in every resists AND make in improve your resist cap by 30% (from 650ish to almost 900)

Buff Black Ork
why? weakest tank. Kotbs/chosen are the best auras are IMBA (about
5000 stat point), SM has big dmg and WW, 25%parry ability, absorb tactic, BG/IB has amazing utility big punt, +big dmg etc.
M1 very weak 10% parry -> 3600 absorb to the defensive target
M2 very weak 160 toughness ->every party member get 200% incoming heal for the next 15 sec
M3 neeb buff 1200 dmg silence 5 sec -> 1800dmg +disarm and 8sec

every 14 points ability if active should grow the BO

Path of Da’ Toughest
14 point ability: ‘Cant hit me’ remove the movement speed reduction, make the dmg fix 600 make it coporeal dmg and undefendable
10 point ability: should be an aoe KD for 3 sec 40 feet 20 CD (like kotbs/ chosen have stagger)
6 point ability: This ability slot here should be a big punt high as kotbs and should punt friendly too with 30 CD
12 point tactic: should be a 600 toughness
7 point tactic: should be the same as SM, on block etc., gives 600 absorb
4 point tactic: should be remove and make a new tactic which reduce the punt CD to 10sec and give friendly punt it or only greens. [Give black Ork the ability to toss Goblin sized creatures (so yes, stunties as well). With a chance to briefly stun them once they hit the ground If they are your faction / Chance to give them a speed buff for a few seconds If they are of the opposite realm. Can be used to save your healers, with a risk. Can be used to toss slayers / ibs / healers, with the risk of making them angry because they got tossed by a greenskin. Name the skill "proppa tossa", pun intented] the friendly target maybe has to accept the punt before it happens

Core abilities:
make an ability which gives 15% block on hit for 5 sec gud plan, no CD. Similar than SM 25% parry imp stance no CD
‘Juggernaut’ should be 20 sec CD, make tactic which gives immune for 10sec

Core tactics: make a tactic which put snare (40% movement reduction) on the enemy if they hit block on the black ork 40% movement reduction
make tactic which gives immune for 10sec after jaggernaut
new tactic: on block/parry put the BO the best plan

Da’ Toughest should has 50% proc chance and 800 HP proc

Path of Da’ Boss

14 point ability: should give 10 sec CC immune for the party (shield dok/dps has the same just for herself) 30CD
10 point ability: pounce 30 feet aoe snare 40% for 10sec 30sec CD
6 point ability: speed buff 40% for the party for 10 sec 30CD
12 point tactic: gives 600 toughness for the party members while the 14 point ability active
7 point tactic: 10 points ability put upgraded challenge to the effected enemies. uprgraded challenge enemies will make only 25% dmg to everyone else
4 point tactic: the 6 point ability get 800 absorb

Core abilities: Down Ya Go should be core ability, make a tactic which reduce the CD to 10sec, and make the KD for 5sec

Da’ Greenest should be 25%chance being crit stackable, first tier 600armor + 400 resist for 10 sec. Third tier, 3 stack 1800armor +1200 resist

Path of Da' Brawler

14 point ability: 50% armor, block parry reduction around him in 30 feet for 10 sec 30CD its also a effect the BO himself
10 point ability: 10sec charge with 40 CD
6 point ability: 200 AP leech 30 CD
12 point tactic: BO cannot die if the 14 points ability is active, BO can go down 1 HP and carry a lot of dot but cannot die
7 point tactic: same as now
4 point tactic: Wot armor is aoe dmg now up 25 feet front of the BO

Core abilities: ‘Tree hit combo’ should be core and remove the 2handed requires, ‘Da Big un’ remove the 2handed requires increase the base dmg

Make a tactic which increase the ‘Wot armor?’armor reducing

Da’ Biggest make 33% chance

optimize Slayer
why? rampage is op especially with ID
rampage should be a 14 points ability, rampage should go to the Giant slayer tree in the location of Spellbreaker ability, spellbraker should go rampage place. At rr70 you can still get rampage+ID
or
Rampage: Your next 4 attacks within 10 sec cannot be blocked or parried 30 CD
give the slaya baby pounce 20feet 40sec CD core ability + core tactic which makes the pounce 30 feet and the 25sec CD

optimize dps SM/AM
why? we all know why
when dps spec should not be available the AP drain. fix all the proc dot they shouldn't ignore toughness, Should be separate the heal the dps and the leech heal spec same like the wp. Make a viable leech healer with almost zero dmg. And make a good dps remove casting but remove the self heal

make the AM/SH puddle visible all the times like ENgi/magus turrets
nerf the aoe snares to 20-30% maybe depends on how many player move into it?

optimize shield dok/wp
why? ppl loves it, make them good at wb too
make the lifesteal ability dmg tiny smaller than a full deftard tank weakest ability (50 dmg max and it should be fix no modifier scaling anything) but make them undefendable and all of them heal the whole party in 100 feet

optimize Welf/WH
why? we all know why
remove the 150% self heal ability tactic, but give them a true aoe tactic up to 9 targets. WH not need 100% parry for 5 sec. Make it 25% for 10 sec.

optimize Mara
why?
remove aoe KD give them aoe heal debuff 50% for 10sec all target 30feet 30CD
give him an abaility 80 wounds for 1hour (same like wp) or maybe give it to the SH

optimize WL
fix the leonine bug

optimize SM
SM should NOT have spirit dmg attack at the Path of Khaine tree at all. Remove the spirit dmg make it physical on Ether Dance, Phoenix’s Wing ability.

optimize Kotbs
let them use the wounds debuff with shield

Other mechanic:
reduce the immunity from aoe root to 10 sec
reduce the detaunt to -40% dmg reduction
make the AM/SH puddle visible all the times like Engi/magus turrets
nerf the aoe snares to 20-30% maybe depends on how many player move into it?
Last edited by SuperStar on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Earthcake

Re: BigBalanceBrainStorm

Post#2 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:40 am

Good job on picking your forum name.

Lileldys

Post#3 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:34 am

I can't take this seriously, is this a serious post?

Rydiak

Post#4 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:43 am

Yea I'm pretty sure this is satire. I couldn't imagine it being anything else.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Tesq

Post#5 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:56 am

O.o!

Omegus

Post#6 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:00 pm

Rydiak wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:43 am Yea I'm pretty sure this is satire. I couldn't imagine it being anything else.
Considering some of the terrible/incorrect advice given out on Discord by the OP that I've then had to explain to people in DMs just how wrong it is, SuperStar is either in maximum troll mode or maximum cluelessness mode. My money is on the 2nd.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Minisynn

Post#7 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:29 pm

New forum thread of the week boiz let's go
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

stingus

Post#8 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:53 pm

can we buff mara pull?

as I once didnt get pulled because behind 4 walls and it doesnt look fair.

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#9 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:53 pm

Exciting! ;)

ravezaar

Post#10 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:54 pm

Ok this cant be real, must be better solutions then to force all Slayers to specc fully into 2H tree and uterly useless tree.

50% crit dmg to Choppa ? over the one it already has, are u gonna break the game completly

I can go on and on, I liked some Tactics ideas but after reading this I cant take it seriously sry
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ