Recent Topics

Ads

BigBalanceBrainStorm

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
miklosch

Re: BigBalanceBrainStorm

Post#51 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:31 am

SuperStar wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:16 am
miklosch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:50 pm Rampage : for the next 10 seconds, your attacks ignore 15% parry or blockage.
I agree with you and any other circumstances its the lowest ability in the tree it should be stronger what you wrote, but then the slaya need buffs on the other aspects.

Imo its one of the strongest ability l, i dont like the nerfs but it should be at 14points ability and we can add some bonus it too for example 5 %chance to restore 20 ap under rampage on every hit.
Rampage here at RoR is a mistake. No skill should allow you to pass through 100% defensive statistics, for so long .... , on ... 24 players .... , and affecting the very core mechanics of tanks/mdps, gameplay synergies.
Even less so in a mass pvp game where strategy and gameplay focus is all the fun of the game.

I'm sure if we gave slayers the choice between aoe dyson or rampage, 95% would keep rampage.
There is a total hypocresia from some players that knew, deep inside theirself, that they win thanks to that skill.
Imagine yourself, you have played hard, long, to have a strong tank that protect someone, and a bunch of players spam their aoe ignoring every thing you have done.

Each time we talk about rampage, the debate move on pull ....

The debate of the "pull" mara vs "pull" white lion vs rampage... is an aberration exemple of hypcrocresia. It is for sure no the same skill, and i do agree that is not fun if you feel any unfair bug. But ... Since when a pull did change the outcome of a war compared to wb 6 slayers spamming rampage on a ennemy wb, behind a rock/door ? The game is not related to small scale content. But Siege. War. WBs vs Wbs.

You can even put rampage on the top three skill, it will not change the issue.

Remove rampage, remove pull aoe from choppa or limit the pull of the choppa active time and the rampage must be a % fix and not 100% and by far less timed.
Last edited by miklosch on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sofong

Post#52 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:36 am

miklosch wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:31 am
miklosch wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:50 pm Rampage : for the next 10 seconds, your attacks ignore 15% parry or blockage.
I agree with you and any other circumstances its the lowest ability in the tree it should be stronger what you wrote, but then the slaya need buffs on the other aspects.

Imo its one of the strongest ability l, i dont like the nerfs but it should be at 14points ability and we can add some bonus it too for example 5 %chance to restore 20 ap under rampage on every hit.
Rampage here at RoR is a mistake. No skill should allow you to pass through 100% defensive statistics, for so long .... , on ... 24 players .... , and affecting the very core mechanics of tanks/mdps, gameplay synergies.
Even less so in a mass pvp game where strategy and gameplay focus is all the fun of the game.

I'm sure if we gave slayers the choice between aoe dyson or rampage, 95% would keep rampage.
There is a total hypocresia from some players that knew, deep inside theirself, that they win thanks to that skill.
Imagine yourself, you have played hard, long, to have a strong tank that protect someone, and a bunch of players spam their aoe ignoring every thing you have done.

The debate of the "pull" mara vs "pull" white lion ... is an aberration exemple of hypcrocresia. It is for sure no the same skill, and i do agree that is not fun. But ... Since when a pull did change the outcome of a war compared to wb 6 slayers spamming rampage on a ennemy wb, behind a rock/door ? The game is not related to small scale content. But Siege. War. WBs vs Wbs.

Remove rampage, remove pull aoe from choppa or limit the pull of the choppa active time and the rampage must be a % fix and not 100% and by far less timed.
rampage for a game breaking skill like this to exsist, needs heavy punishment mechanic in return sth like increase the slayer be cirt by 15-20% or such.

Sinisterror

Post#53 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:38 am

miklosch wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:31 am

The debate of the "pull" mara vs "pull" white lion ... is an aberration exemple of hypcrocresia. It is for sure no the same skill, and i do agree that is not fun if you feel any unfair bug. But ... Since when a pull did change the outcome of a war compared to wb 6 slayers spamming rampage on a ennemy wb, behind a rock/door ? The game is not related to small scale content. But Siege. War. WBs vs Wbs.

Rampage would be fine if Aoe cap was 9 and it didnt ignore morale avoidances AND Guard mechanic. Like it worked live. Still very powerful but not insanely too powerful.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

oaliaen

Post#54 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:55 pm

Everytime Slayer bypass someone whit rampage he receive 25% of the damage bypassed.

Sinisterror

Post#55 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:13 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:55 pm Everytime Slayer bypass someone whit rampage he receive 25% of the damage bypassed.
Slayer would killhimself with 1 ID and 1 Retribution if :it worked like that.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Acidic

Post#56 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:12 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:13 pm
oaliaen wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:55 pm Everytime Slayer bypass someone whit rampage he receive 25% of the damage bypassed.
Slayer would killhimself with 1 ID and 1 Retribution if :it worked like that.
Sound like appropriate result

SuperStar

Post#57 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:21 am

The devs will have the power to make new ablities and fix the bugs in the near future. (I hope)

So this topic should be a collection of creative ideas/wishes.

Bring here what you need for your fav class/ bring new mechanics.
Change the f boring meta.

Ps 800hp/4sec is not op at all.

Have you ever checked the prayer of devotion tactic? (Wp mid tree mid tactic)
That is op. No need nerf btw but is a good tactic.

Lileldys

Post#58 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:45 am

SuperStar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:21 am The devs will have the power to make new ablities and fix the bugs in the near future. (I hope)

It is OP, its more than any HoT

Yes, meta is boring, but there's nothing forcing you to play meta. Enjoy the game.

Divine justice is a better tactic.

Ads
normanis

Post#59 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:21 am

replace rapmage with gtdc or 2 sec aoe knockdown.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sinisterror

Post#60 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:39 am

SuperStar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:21 am The devs will have the power to make new ablities and fix the bugs in the near future. (I hope)

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217044 ... aspx?id=22

Dude. I appreaciate the enthusiasism you have but 800hp/4 sec is so goddamn op : D Have you ever tried to play this game where skills and tactics actually matter? Which means Solo or Small Scale and alot of it is because 24 Aoe cap, this is true and all who have played the game enough know this. Quarenteed 800hp every 4 scond for black orc that cant be heal debuffed, pls offer me some kind of of explanation why that is not RDCLS op?

Hey! WP is a Melee-Healer! Originally there was no "Backline" Wp's or Dok's and books/chalices didnt have Regen on them( I think Shields should be removed from dok/wp but another convo) This game has roles for classess which should stay. Did you know that Guard on tanks you originally only took 30-35% Of dmg from Guardee instead of 50%. Black orc also had 50% Crit dmg tactic before choppa was in game and Morale 2 that did 1500 dmg and silenced everyone for 7 seconds, a bit much to me but what do you think?

Im gonna throw some black orc improvements that are more in line in my humble opinion=) Remove Arm breaka from brawler and Replace it with Not in Da Face. Add to NIDF that your defensive target gets their CD's reduced by 5sec for 10 seconds. Replace NIDF With Arm breaka in Da Toughest but change the skill to Medium-Long punt with 30s CD.Mor hardocre Tactic would change it to 15s CD and making it long instead med-long and target stay In air 1-2s longer. Also Tree Hit Combo usable with shields again.

Nerf Duration of You Wot!? to 15s and only increase armour/resis by 15% instead of 30% and remove the 10 sec self snare. Wez bigger is so sad skill that remove it and replace it with Cant Touch us M4, without it being M4 so 60s CD is more than ok, this panic button would be quite welcome! These Are OP suggestions to some, to me they are def worth to try.