Recent Topics

Ads

Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Let's talk about... everything else
serom999

Re: Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Post#21 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:22 pm

Ashoris wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:39 pm
serom999 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:26 pm ok now i played some days diefferent sc's with skirmish and so on. I win some sc's more then before but! much sc experiences feel so wrong.

Now i come to the conclusion that the massive overheal on both sides is the real problem why sc feels so bad most of the time. Especially for new player. And i really think i am not the only one. Nothing to do with winning or losing it often feels like you fighting against dummy's that takes no dmg.

I see before a video of a bigger streamer "lazypeon" and he has exactly the same **** experience like me. Fighting the whole time in an sc and nearly no one dies because of massive overheal. Extreme boring if that happen. And it is not rarely.

I think something should happen to fix this massive overheal. For example a limit of two healer per sc on each side. But the situation now is really unbalanced.
Its not the massive overheal most of the time but the poor dps play, in most SCs a proper assist of 2 (halfway decent) dps with 1 HD and 1 tank would fix the issue.
And even if you are right it will not change the bad experience for new player in sc's.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:05 am

serom999 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:22 pm
serom999 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:26 pm ok now i played some days diefferent sc's with skirmish and so on. I win some sc's more then before but! much sc experiences feel so wrong.

Now i come to the conclusion that the massive overheal on both sides is the real problem why sc feels so bad most of the time. Especially for new player. And i really think i am not the only one. Nothing to do with winning or losing it often feels like you fighting against dummy's that takes no dmg.

I see before a video of a bigger streamer "lazypeon" and he has exactly the same **** experience like me. Fighting the whole time in an sc and nearly no one dies because of massive overheal. Extreme boring if that happen. And it is not rarely.

I think something should happen to fix this massive overheal. For example a limit of two healer per sc on each side. But the situation now is really unbalanced.
Its not the massive overheal most of the time but the poor dps play, in most SCs a proper assist of 2 (halfway decent) dps with 1 HD and 1 tank would fix the issue.
And even if you are right it will not change the bad experience for new player in sc's.
They have 2 options, give up or learn. In almost all encounters the TTK isn't too big and having too many healers makes your team weak, if the enemy knows to assist.
When the new player can't kill something, they might ask for help and learn how to play DPS.
The easier option is ofc to blame something else.
Dying is no option.

Strakar

Post#23 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:46 am

I do think a flat 5% heal reduction across the board and see what happens wouldn't hurt. However, was in a few pug scenarios last week against 4+ heals, me and another WH were all over them and eventually something breaks. If I'm on one of my tanks im following my dps in, knockdowns, punting guards, interrupt group heals. It's about coordination. And if they have too many healers they can't kill anything. It's maybe a little boring but I wouldn't say not fun.

serom999

Post#24 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:05 am

They have 2 options, give up or learn. In almost all encounters the TTK isn't too big and having too many healers makes your team weak, if the enemy knows to assist.
When the new player can't kill something, they might ask for help and learn how to play DPS.
That`s the biggest bullshit i ever heard. Without a perm group not possible. I really think the game has always the same playerbase because of this attitude.

shrredhn

Post#25 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:08 am

2mans are powerful in discordant. But generally discordant has been 'fair' from 1-39 on multiple chars in the last couple months. T4 discordant are much more 1-sided and usually a surrender fest.

The only time I notice premades destroying pugs is in the weekend sc, which should just pop half the time for discordant an problem solved.

The open pvp comment is meh. I mean are you solo? Then sure. But if you're in a 6man or bigger you can still have plenty of success, even before level 24 when you only have keepers and 2 tactics.

SuperStar

Post#26 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:18 am

Solutions:

- Join a guild, we have many good active leaders now and the rvr will be fun

- join to my petition what will balance the disoriant sc between the 2 sides like ranked did it.
(If one side dont have tank at all but have halers they put some to the other side and every side will got the same almost the same tanks and healers)

Sulorie

Post#27 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:35 am

serom999 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 am
That`s the biggest bullshit i ever heard. Without a perm group not possible. I really think the game has always the same playerbase because of this attitude.
How do you become better as a new player? Not with an attitude you are showing here.
Premade groups are just one more excuse for losing because of bad play.
Premades win, because among other things they assist, have reliable tanks to swap guard in time, healers who don't stand still, while enemy melee approach them and none of them runs in 1 by 1 after respawn. Voice communication is just the icing on the cake to shorten reaction times even further.
When you don't play better, you will lose, no matter the enemy runs a premade or not.
Even well played pug teams will farm you at spawn.

Your only question should be "What can I do better next time?".
Last edited by Sulorie on Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Lithenir

Post#28 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:03 pm

serom999 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 am

Fact is that TTK sometimes even is pretty low.
As new player try to stick and assist with other DPS. That's the best you can do and a thing older players should be know a thing about.
You really don't need a premade to win SC's if the enemy has 6-8 healers. All you need is assist. You even can message another DPS on your side and tell him that you assist him so he knows and can act properly.

Or, you know, you can keep complaining and tell experienced players that they talk bullshit.

Ads
serom999

Post#29 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:45 pm

It has nothing to do with win or lose. Nearly every SC is a surrender! on which side doesn't matter because it is boring. And then there are events to advertise this not working sc's. And it can't be that the only solution is to do premade groups. sometimes there is not the time to do that. I really think it is not the biggest challange to fix that a little bit. And against the argument with experienced players. I never see an mmorpg where is it easier to heal your group like in Warhammer online.

Nameless

Post#30 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:51 pm

Try to solo heal in pug group and talk again about how easy is to heal. Healing works only when pair with competent tanks.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz