Recent Topics

Ads

Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Let's talk about... everything else
serom999

Re: Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Post#31 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:10 pm

yeah yaeh blablabla. If you really think that one side in sc only waiting for press the "surrender button" is no problem i can't help anymore. I very like this game and i like most things implemented there. But in sc something is very wrong there. I really thing much people don't want it to be fair because of easy wins. Very disappointing.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:57 pm

serom999 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:10 pm yeah yaeh blablabla. If you really think that one side in sc only waiting for press the "surrender button" is no problem i can't help anymore. I very like this game and i like most things implemented there. But in sc something is very wrong there. I really thing much people don't want it to be fair because of easy wins. Very disappointing.
You prefer the 15min slog fest like we had years ago? One team can be highly inferior for various reasons, ending sc faster is better for all sides. When your team has a realistic winning chance, surrender won't happen or at least the vote will not succeed.
Dying is no option.

shrredhn

Post#33 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:30 am

The number of 80+ duo queues in discordant is hilariously bad.

Just make the rr80+ only have the option of playing ranked. I'm sure they'll be fine with the competition and not being able to stomp fresh 40s.

Repulsion

Post#34 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:08 am

shrredhn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:30 am The number of 80+ duo queues in discordant is hilariously bad.

Just make the rr80+ only have the option of playing ranked. I'm sure they'll be fine with the competition and not being able to stomp fresh 40s.
This is a problem.
At times I see more (or only) 80 duos than non-80+ players in Discordant and it's a bit off putting.
Especially on Destro side, I mean come on... you're 2k hours into the toon and you need your BiS buddy to tip the scales as much as possible in your favor?

On the other hand, let's be real.
I'm being the devils advocate here but:
A) It's fun. I don't duo queue because I cba to be social most of the time but even solo on a 70rr+ dps vs the occassional poor anni/conq player is pure dopamine.
B) Playing the game with friends, especially small scale >>>>>>>> playing solo. See above point. Might be the banter, might be the memes, might be assisting each other, shotcalling etc - it's not always due to winwhoring that you duo. But most of the times it's...:
C) Path of least resistance. The vast majority of humans will choose this. And if you want to kick some ass, gain rr and farm a few warcrests, Discordant skirmish is the best choice right now - especially in this zerg heavy period of single zones being open and general roaming futility.

TL;DR: too many people are milking Discordant duoQ on BiS toons. It makes for some really sucky, lopsided evenings of scenarios BUT it is well within their right to do so and I don't think they should punished for it. Sadly, it is what it is.

Caduceus

Post#35 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 am

Repulsion wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:08 am

TL;DR: too many people are milking Discordant duoQ on BiS toons.

This is clearly something that is happening, but can you blame them?

They just want to have fun like everyone else, and if they spin normal SCs and run into a premade, they are just as chanceless as everyone else.

BiS gear or no, class composition and team coordination throw up a hard barrier for anyone that isn't premading.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Akilinus

Post#36 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:26 am

what is the point of getting BiS gear if you are not going to use it?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

shrredhn

Post#37 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:07 am

shrredhn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:30 am The number of 80+ duo queues in discordant is hilariously bad.

This is a problem.
At times I see more (or only) 80 duos than non-80+ players in Discordant and it's a bit off putting.
Especially on Destro side, I mean come on... you're 2k hours into the toon and you need your BiS buddy to tip the scales as much as possible in your favor?

On the other hand, let's be real.
I'm being the devils advocate here but:
A) It's fun. I don't duo queue because I cba to be social most of the time but even solo on a 70rr+ dps vs the occassional poor anni/conq player is pure dopamine.
B) Playing the game with friends, especially small scale >>>>>>>> playing solo. See above point. Might be the banter, might be the memes, might be assisting each other, shotcalling etc - it's not always due to winwhoring that you duo. But most of the times it's...:
C) Path of least resistance. The vast majority of humans will choose this. And if you want to kick some ass, gain rr and farm a few warcrests, Discordant skirmish is the best choice right now - especially in this zerg heavy period of single zones being open and general roaming futility.

TL;DR: too many people are milking Discordant duoQ on BiS toons. It makes for some really sucky, lopsided evenings of scenarios BUT it is well within their right to do so and I don't think they should punished for it. Sadly, it is what it is.
Let them fight other 80+ BiS duos then. I doubt they would want to and they'd stop duo queueing 80+ discordant or whatever they get thrown into. Watching people in anni/conq get stomped by premades or 80+ duos is not good for the game. Duo queue should be lvl40 and under so new people can play together. It's still pretty strong there but the gear gaps are not nearly as bad.

shrredhn

Post#38 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 am

Caduceus wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 am

TL;DR: too many people are milking Discordant duoQ on BiS toons.

This is clearly something that is happening, but can you blame them?

They just want to have fun like everyone else, and if they spin normal SCs and run into a premade, they are just as chanceless as everyone else.

BiS gear or no, class composition and team coordination throw up a hard barrier for anyone that isn't premading.
But they're not queuing normal sc so odds of running into a premade is low. They're rolling the dice that they'll likely face pugs in discordant.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:03 am

shrredhn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 am
But they're not queuing normal sc so odds of running into a premade is low. They're rolling the dice that they'll likely face pugs in discordant.
They would have the same results if all had similar gear.
What are people doing on their way to 40? Don't they learn anything and setup their UI with helpful addons?
Many ppl in t4 sc play the same as ppl in t1 sc.
Dying is no option.

Ashoris

Post#40 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:49 am

first complaining about premades ... next complaining about high geared duo's in Discordant ...
at some point people have to accept that this game has a skillgap and that this has a huge influence on how SC's turn out.
SC are way more often lost because people dont know how to fill their role and apply basic teamplay "tactics" (and with tactics i mean: guard a dps and stay with him, make sure you dont overextend so the healer is in reach ! REAL Basics) ... than any other reason
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras