Recent Topics

Ads

Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Let's talk about... everything else
shrredhn

Re: Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Post#41 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:51 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:03 am
shrredhn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:32 am
But they're not queuing normal sc so odds of running into a premade is low. They're rolling the dice that they'll likely face pugs in discordant.
They would have the same results if all had similar gear.
What are people doing on their way to 40? Don't they learn anything and setup their UI with helpful addons?
Many ppl in t4 sc play the same as ppl in t1 sc.
You realize the convo is about duo BiS queuing discordant and stomping people right? As in, the only escape from the cancerous 80+ premades that farm annihilator geared lowbies in the weekend sc -- is still a F'd situation for a lot of players.

I don't know wtf you're talking about with UI and t1.

The retention on this game has to be awful for fresh accounts.

Ads
Garamore

Post#42 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:55 pm

Ive been queing discordants on my rr80+ almost BIS chosen to farm the 10k crests needed for the vanq ring. Lots of people doing similar.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Sulorie

Post#43 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm

shrredhn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:51 am

You realize the convo is about duo BiS queuing discordant and stomping people right? As in, the only escape from the cancerous 80+ premades that farm annihilator geared lowbies in the weekend sc -- is still a F'd situation for a lot of players.

Do you realize, that people don't get farmed in discordant SC, because of BiS gear duos?
At best it is one minor factor among many others.

Do you realize that one team can stomp another one, despite having only players who queued solo?

Annihilator gear is t2-3 stuff, you should have the crests by rank 40 to immediately swap to conq or join for some PvE in order to save crests on ward unlocks.

Maybe put your focus on e.g. why people play melee healer at rank 40 with duelist gear and no talis and work on the root cause, why people struggle.
See why new tank players can't keep track with their guard target and get lost, because they never bothered to get used with add-ons.

When you have a team full of those players, you will lose. No matter the gear.
Those players were farmed in t1 and are still being farmed in t4, because they didn't progress at all as a player.
When people don't get the basics right, then this is something to work on.
Dying is no option.

shrredhn

Post#44 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:13 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm
shrredhn wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:51 am

Do you realize, that people don't get farmed in discordant SC, because of BiS gear duos?
At best it is one minor factor among many others.

Do you realize that one team can stomp another one, despite having only players who queued solo?

Annihilator gear is t2-3 stuff, you should have the crests by rank 40 to immediately swap to conq or join for some PvE in order to save crests on ward unlocks.

Maybe put your focus on e.g. why people play melee healer at rank 40 with duelist gear and no talis and work on the root cause, why people struggle.
See why new tank players can't keep track with their guard target and get lost, because they never bothered to get used with add-ons.

When you have a team full of those players, you will lose. No matter the gear.
Those players were farmed in t1 and are still being farmed in t4, because they didn't progress at all as a player.
When people don't get the basics right, then this is something to work on.
Depends on when you play. You can easily identify the same duos over and over in discordant.

And oh wow, people can save crests by doing pve? Who knew!?! Maybe if they used the proper tactics they wouldn't even need to pve for gear, they could just use Decimator armor the whole time.

Caduceus

Post#45 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:47 am

There's no two ways about this.

The new player experience is god awful, because everywhere you go there's high renown players that are so far above your gear level you literally don't get to play the game.

Recently I was introduced to exactly how defunct this system is when I leveled a new character to 40 and realized you do not have any options as a fresh 40, and I even had a lot of experience to balance how weak my character was. Imagine how a new player must feel.

You go into SCs, you get farmed. You go into RvR, you get farmed.

It's a real disaster. If I had been a new player I'd have uninstalled by now.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Nameless

Post#46 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:20 pm

For a fresh 40s healer it is not so grim. You could do decent with good possitioning and combat awareness. Probably it is no so bad for tank either (guardbot side obv).
The only real problem got the most overplayed architype. Dps classes, esp mdps are quite useless without gear and/or full grp support
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Caduceus

Post#47 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:32 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:20 pm For a fresh 40s healer it is not so grim. You could do decent with good possitioning and combat awareness. Probably it is no so bad for tank either (guardbot side obv).
The only real problem got the most overplayed architype. Dps classes, esp mdps are quite useless without gear and/or full grp support
Good positioning and awareness won't help you when you die in a single KD.

If one has the good fortune of being carried by their team one may get the impression it's playable.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Nameless

Post#48 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:38 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:32 pm
Nameless wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:20 pm For a fresh 40s healer it is not so grim. You could do decent with good possitioning and combat awareness. Probably it is no so bad for tank either (guardbot side obv).
Good positioning and awareness won't help you when you die in a single KD.

If one has the good fortune of being carried by their team one may get the impression it's playable.
Month ago or so when I restart ror my am was 35/40 anni gear or so. Yes you die but as a healer you are usefull and the sc is lost cos bad composition or general poor play not cos of lowbie healer.
Btw conq + overlord gear is pretty solid for backline healers and you are not so squishy either so look for the problem elsewhere
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Gegga

Post#49 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:10 pm

serom999 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 am
Sulorie wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:05 am
serom999 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:22 pm

And even if you are right it will not change the bad experience for new player in sc's.
They have 2 options, give up or learn. In almost all encounters the TTK isn't too big and having too many healers makes your team weak, if the enemy knows to assist.
When the new player can't kill something, they might ask for help and learn how to play DPS.
The easier option is ofc to blame something else.
That`s the biggest bullshit i ever heard. Without a perm group not possible. I really think the game has always the same playerbase because of this attitude.
Honestly my dude, at some point i would really reccomend you start taking the advice of the people who are alot more experienced than yourself. maybe the people who have played this for x thousand hours and have multiple RR80+ toons know something you dont. why not just ask for actual advice on how to improve your own gameplay as much as possible, if that doesnt work after giving it your all to improve yourself and learning more about how the game works. then you can post again.

just my opinion tho.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

serom999

Post#50 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:31 pm

8 healer in one team in sc and the people try to tell me everthing is alright here. Lie more to yourself and play with always the same people. Good luck. Thats not worthwhile anymore.