Recent Topics

Ads

Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Let's talk about... everything else
serom999

Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Post#1 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi,
i really think it is a big problem in this game. I think this game will stay on the current player base or get lower because for player who join a SC solo will lose most of the time very clearly. It is very hard for beginner to enjoy SC's like that.
And in open pvp you a victim because you have so much less power then an lvl 40 characters.

Which side (destro/order) is not significant because on both side it is the same thing. 80-90% of the SC's, the other team have more healer and a more balanced team.
Because there are no differents one which side you play i really think most the groups are premade groups or at least parts of the group.
It is hard to enjoy this game because SC's are often so unbalanced that your team go down like nothing without a chance.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Premade groups. The hell for new players.

Post#2 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:43 pm

One word, discordant SC's. They at max only have 2 man pre-mades. Everyone else are pugs. If you join other SC's unfortunately every game is the roll of the dice, if an enemy pre-made is on and you don't have one, you're screwed.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

lemao

Post#3 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:53 pm

Its a group based MMO where people like to group up and play together, as it should be.
If this is not for you just queue the pug sc.

Mordd

Post#4 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:07 am

I had a large thread going on about this.

Supposedly they may be looking into this problem.

serom999

Post#5 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:26 am

sorry but what is pug sc. I never heard that before

Wam

Post#6 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:31 am

serom999 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:26 am sorry but what is pug sc. I never heard that before
pug sc was one sc which groups couldnt que into... I cant remember the command but .pug or /pug usually told you which map it was.

you could duo, and bad groups/trolls would try split their group and sneak premades into that but dev's keep a eye on it and people who are genuinely abusing it are dealt with and easier to keep track with killboard also lol at people who need to do that.

Discordant is same thing but with more choices...
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Rubius
Developer

Post#7 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:10 am

As others already noted, Discordant Skirmish Scenarios are generally a good fit if you don't have a premade group and want to fight other parties that don't have premades. (The max party size being two players when you queue.)

There are still a lot of other factors that will contribute to winning/losing (balance of tanks/heals/dps, party setup, etc), but if you find yourself hitting a 6-man premade over and over, you shouldn't hit them at all in Discordants.

Ashoris

Post#8 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:09 am

but keep in mind that discordant skirmish does not save you always - if enough good Players queue solo/duo its still can feel like a premade often enough when playing solo i see people complaining about the other side is doin that on purpose ... while at the same time knowing the people on the other side well enough to be sure they are simply playing solo/duo but happens to be excellent Players ...
Last edited by Ashoris on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
ravezaar

Post#9 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:18 am

Discordant duo-q is abused by the Guilds, Iv seen just past week several of the Order big Guilds with 4-6 players in same Discordant SC cause they que at same time to get in same SC. Iam sure Des Guilds do the same but Devs made Discordant duo-Q not SOlo-Q so they made this issue, and there response is always its NOT a Solo game. But for new players it almost always start out as a Solo game so the issue remains.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ashoris

Post#10 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:30 am

ravezaar wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:18 am Discordant duo-q is abused by the Guilds, Iv seen just past week several of the Order big Guilds with 4-6 players in same Discordant SC cause they que at same time to get in same SC. Iam sure Des Guilds do the same but Devs made Discordant duo-Q not SOlo-Q so they made this issue, and there response is always its NOT a Solo game. But for new players it almost always start out as a Solo game so the issue remains.
to be honest this can happen but is not always an abuse :) I remember queueing with a Guildmate in duo (because we were the only ones in voice) see'ing another guild with more than 2 Players in the sc .. and started a short conversation with them that this should not happen !
roughly at the same time 1 Guildmate of us joined the same SC ... he logged freshly in ... and ANOTHER one .. who simply didnt want to use voice .... afterwards we made sure through guildchat that we are not in the same queue ...

If you see it multiple times, the best way is to screenshot the killboard of the SC's and report it.

@topic: this game is made for groups - and you simply do not learn enough if only playing solo - so i would recommend to be open with the fact that you are a new player but also that you are willing to group up and learn.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras