Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Moderator: Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
dalen
Developer
Posts: 587

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#21 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:11 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:09 am
Skullgrin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 am Wait, so now you get more renown for hiding in a group/zerg? Makes no sense at all lore-wise, and this just serves to negate AAO modifiers. You know, the modifiers that were put in place to try and equalize the population. Guess population balancing is out, better start working on a login que if you don't want the game to turn into a one sided nightmare...
Uhm, those are 2 different things which have no link at all.
Classes are balanced around groups, so encouraging grouping is only logical.
This doesn't reward zerging at all, as the limit is 6 players.
This has no effect on unbalanced populations. If one side is bigger, there is still AAO bonus.

Really? Here is a quick chart showing the renown differences with negative AAO added in.

Image

If you are in a 6 man group now you don't need to worry about losing any renown (compared to the old number) until you are at a -35% negative modifier. Keep in mind that AAO modifiers are on a scale 0f 1-400, so that -35% is actually -140 AAO. So do you see now how AAO (which was designed to get small groups to swap sides to get more renown, while balancing population) is undermined by the new bonus system?
So, undermines it in same way as renown pots. Are you claiming that renown pots also promote zerging?
Image
Source Developer

Ads
User avatar
normanis
Posts: 1102
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#22 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:02 pm

so many dyes balance lately. fashion hammer kicked in?
i have full bank of dyes i cant trade tham no sell tham. maby change dyes so we can trade tham???
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 801

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#23 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:25 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 pm So, undermines it in same way as renown pots. Are you claiming that renown pots also promote zerging?

Why are you guys hell bent on making this about zerging vs. solo? I'm not arguing against grouping up if you want, all I'm saying is that this just looks to me like you didn't think it through to it conclusion. Encouraging grouping is fine, but not if it breaks other things that have been implemented. Guess i should've gotten the hint not to point things like this out after having entire threads deleted in the past.
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Sulorie
Posts: 6753

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#24 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Were there some dyes exchanged completely? Had Murderous Red on my WE and now I got a Sewage Green paint job. :cry:
Dying is no option.

User avatar
Skullgrin
Posts: 801

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#25 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 pm Were there some dyes exchanged completely? Had Murderous Red on my WE and now I got a Sewage Green paint job. :cry:

Yea, I think we might start a list of the ones that got messed up. Oh and possibly a second list of colors that are the same with different names. I've got at least 5 different named shades of black that look identical to me, but it could be that i just can't differentiate between them. :P
Image
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

User avatar
Omegus
Posts: 1055

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#26 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:25 pm
dalen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 pm So, undermines it in same way as renown pots. Are you claiming that renown pots also promote zerging?

Why are you guys hell bent on making this about zerging vs. solo? I'm not arguing against grouping up if you want, all I'm saying is that this just looks to me like you didn't think it through to it conclusion. Encouraging grouping is fine, but not if it breaks other things that have been implemented. Guess i should've gotten the hint not to point things like this out after having entire threads deleted in the past.
When choosing what side to pick, I would've thought a group will be basing their decision on how much renown they can earn now, now how much they were earning a week ago, a month ago, etc. The bonus for being in a group is the same for both sides, so the decision still comes down to how to make use of the current AAO.

If the group bonus scaled up/down based on AAO then I could see your point, but it's a fixed bonus that applies at all times and is - I'm assuming - additive like the other renown bonuses rather than multiplicative so there's no extra scaling happening based on other factors.

User avatar
Omegus
Posts: 1055

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#27 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:00 pm

Client patch is now live, so the dye addons will be updated within 24 hours with the new/revised names and colours.

User avatar
ekalime
Developer
Posts: 146

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#28 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:03 am

normanis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:02 pm so many dyes balance lately. fashion hammer kicked in?
i have full bank of dyes i cant trade tham no sell tham. maby change dyes so we can trade tham???
All non-RR dyes are unbound, however if they were listed as bound at some point before then they are still bound in your inventory. If you can come up with a list of dyes that are bound then I will try to figure something out.

Ads
User avatar
ekalime
Developer
Posts: 146

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#29 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:08 am

Skullgrin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 pm Were there some dyes exchanged completely? Had Murderous Red on my WE and now I got a Sewage Green paint job. :cry:

Yea, I think we might start a list of the ones that got messed up. Oh and possibly a second list of colors that are the same with different names. I've got at least 5 different named shades of black that look identical to me, but it could be that i just can't differentiate between them. :P
Sewage Green is a new dye so I have no clue how you could have it applied, let alone on Murderous Red which has the same unchanged db value. Mail me a list of anything broken and I'll check. As for black dyes, unless the name is the same, the dyes are different. There are however some dyes which have multiple items in the database (like goblin green) so it is possible you get one item from a world drop, one from a quest, one from a dungeon - and none of them stack. Stuff like that we can try to fix but it helps to know which ones are the same name and not stacking. If they have different names then they are different colors.

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 1233

Re: Patch Notes 12/11/2022

Post#30 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:15 am

ekalime wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:08 am
Skullgrin wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 pm Were there some dyes exchanged completely? Had Murderous Red on my WE and now I got a Sewage Green paint job. :cry:

Yea, I think we might start a list of the ones that got messed up. Oh and possibly a second list of colors that are the same with different names. I've got at least 5 different named shades of black that look identical to me, but it could be that i just can't differentiate between them. :P
Sewage Green is a new dye so I have no clue how you could have it applied, let alone on Murderous Red which has the same unchanged db value. Mail me a list of anything broken and I'll check. As for black dyes, unless the name is the same, the dyes are different. There are however some dyes which have multiple items in the database (like goblin green) so it is possible you get one item from a world drop, one from a quest, one from a dungeon - and none of them stack. Stuff like that we can try to fix but it helps to know which ones are the same name and not stacking. If they have different names then they are different colors.
My entire toon is now dyed in Sewage Green - was in like Cardinal Red or something before the patch.
<Montague><Capulet>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest