Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cyrylius

Re: Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Post#21 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:00 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:18 pm
Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm

whats that got to do with the price of fish? this is ward & gear advice as i said if ya want to waste your war crests by all means ignore what i say & be like the rest of theses afk xrealm zerg tards that just join WBs to leech & xrealm to the winning side or sit in faction discords to solo Q SCs, you lot should just be honest & tell people to roll both des & order then play which ever side has the winning zerg its how most of you level & gear your alts/mains your metas are lame & boring & dont raise players PvP IQs
You immediately assumed op plans on solo roaming. 2H kotbs is used primarily in group play. I dont comment on the not spending crests mentality, everything i could say about it has already been said.
2h kotbs is a guard & punt bot you are better to go SnB is you roll a kotbs not a gimped 2h for mega punt
& i never assumed he wanted to solo roam or 1v1 my advice was about ward & crests & going SnB if you l2read
You just said not to follow cookie cutter kotbs build. If you plan on doing group content you are expected to use it, hence I assumed you are talking about solo gameplay. If you didn't then you are simply wrong.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Allie
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:33 pm
Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:00 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:18 pm

You immediately assumed op plans on solo roaming. 2H kotbs is used primarily in group play. I dont comment on the not spending crests mentality, everything i could say about it has already been said.
2h kotbs is a guard & punt bot you are better to go SnB is you roll a kotbs not a gimped 2h for mega punt
& i never assumed he wanted to solo roam or 1v1 my advice was about ward & crests & going SnB if you l2read
You just said not to follow cookie cutter kotbs build. If you plan on doing group content you are expected to use it, hence I assumed you are talking about solo gameplay. If you didn't then you are simply wrong.
2h kotbs is only really good for premade discord SCs & then you are just a guard mega punt bot its lame & boring, RvR you are better to go SnB for sieges & defense with hold the line & dmg reflect etc, as a new player they are better off to go SnB until they have bloodlord or Sov for a decent 2h set up even then a good SnB player is better in random SCs than a 2h kotbs imho because lets be honest people dont want a new 2h kotbs player in there premades so a new player shouldnt pigeon hole themself into a 2h SC premade build unless thats all they want to do & they only play prime time to get premade groups

Cyrylius

Post#23 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:08 am

Ppl need 2h kotbs in premades, its a mandatory class. And as it doesn't have to do much damage you might get in pretty easily.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

zgolec

Post#24 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:14 pm

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:54 pm
diegomess wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:41 pm are you prepared to be 100% predictable and only do KD+punt? this is called the classic no dopamine knight build.
Is 2h Ironbreaker more fun in your opinion? What do you think are the most fun order classes?
IB is way more fun. Can tell as 8X IB and 7X KOTBS.

Auras / focused mending are much in demand tho so ppl like to have KOTBS in pt in small scale and big scale alike.

If you plan to run a bit solo... Don't. Unless you pick IB. Solo knight is horrible.

Also dont buy some noobie gear with crests. Save for sov / warlord gear.
You can get wards from PVE sets and HV set is great for tanks - kinda like invader.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

rychu7777gaming

Post#25 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:47 pm

Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:06 am
fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:02 pm Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. What would be a good build to make that work? What auras should I keep up, what masteries should I take, what tactics and morales? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield?

Thanks for any help, I really feel quite lost in this game so far.
2h Kotbs is a free kill in small scale & 1v1 PvP imho, they are gimped vs other 2h tanks as Kotbs cant get high enough defenses compared to other 2h tanks,if you want to run 2h id suggest 2h IB & 2h SM, but if its just the rule of cool & you wont get mad if ya get killed then by all means go 2H kotbs & have fun.
but imho "or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield" SnB Kotbs is awesome & 1 of the best tanks for group play & even solo roaming if you have good gear
Solo roaming snb build exist?

tazdingo

Post#26 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:53 pm

rychu7777gaming wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:47 pm
Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:06 am
fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:02 pm Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. What would be a good build to make that work? What auras should I keep up, what masteries should I take, what tactics and morales? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield?

Thanks for any help, I really feel quite lost in this game so far.
2h Kotbs is a free kill in small scale & 1v1 PvP imho, they are gimped vs other 2h tanks as Kotbs cant get high enough defenses compared to other 2h tanks,if you want to run 2h id suggest 2h IB & 2h SM, but if its just the rule of cool & you wont get mad if ya get killed then by all means go 2H kotbs & have fun.
but imho "or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield" SnB Kotbs is awesome & 1 of the best tanks for group play & even solo roaming if you have good gear
Solo roaming snb build exist?

there's the reflect build but you're still better off just waiting for your opponent to die of old age

mytreds

Post#27 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:44 pm

Nice to see KotBS get no love in 2 years. Same ol aura/punt bot.

Sinisterror

Post#28 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:57 pm

mytreds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:44 pm Nice to see KotBS get no love in 2 years. Same ol aura/punt bot.
Kotbs should really get back Runefang,Mighty Soul,2H Vigilance. Kotbs should also get Some version of Destroy Confidence back. 3 too much so 2x hits and 2 effect removed and extra dmg proc after both Purges. All Aura 1-2s Icd procs to 0.5s. All procs in game to 05s ICD instead 1-2s.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Glorian

Post#29 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:57 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:57 pm
mytreds wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:44 pm Nice to see KotBS get no love in 2 years. Same ol aura/punt bot.
Kotbs should really get back Runefang,Mighty Soul,2H Vigilance. Kotbs should also get Some version of Destroy Confidence back. …
All of that. 2h Kotbs was fun with these.
With the lose of elemental Damage and Vigilance bound to shield you lost damage and survivability. You melt vs casters and don’t have your survive button.
The 2h Kotbs was never OP. But with these changes he lost its 2h fun of playing an empire Greatsword.

Sever1n

Post#30 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:36 pm

For some reason 2h kotbs dont have courage to demand buff. Where chosen have spirit dmg andvresist shred for it, kotbs have only physical dmg. SW and 2h kotbs are 2 classes on order that really need help for years. And every newbie then get this info and disappoints.