Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Allie
Suspended

Re: Suggestions for 2h KOTBS build?

Post#11 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:11 am

If i was you id roll all the tanks then pick what you like to play the best & hit up people in game that are active with the class & play how you like to play(solo roam, group, WB etc) most people on the forums will want you to play some cookie cutter build that they think is best to suit their play style not yours
i solo roam with my Kotbs & have a blast heres a little clip of me coming across a BW getting ganked by a dps dok clip NSFW or kids as my language isnt clean https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1627384597

Ads
Tesq

Post#12 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:47 am

IB is very tedious to play if you are alredy used to other/lots of classes, simply put after NB addon removal you cant anymore bind the 3 buff for oathfriend togheter and refresh just the missing one, so you just get more button than BG, which are alredy 15-20 depending on build, and more situational demands; and these situational demands need to be refreshed every 10 sec, and can be shattered.

IB/bg as said are more dynamic than kobs/ch; but i would not say unfun. I would discourage play IB as the n^100 alt but i would also discourage you to play an IB as a started tank with out any guild to guide you in game mechanics and formula. Other wise you just risk to get one shoot by a random sorc. Kobs and ch also can punch a lot,one bypassing most of enemy armor and the other by doing magical dmg and spec only str and crit. They arent damage dealers but they can punch. Ch especially in city even with out build offensive with dmg reflection builds (they are better than kobs).

When it came to play less tedious classes than the other realm for sure destru win hands down. BG can be played 2h even in rvr/wb, be tanky and do its job, chosen get sneaky stuff like touch of palasy and tooth of tzeench. Kobs is relegated to more stric builds than chosen which have more freedom due internal balance and IB is more hard working than BG (it should be probable be made less tedious to play with some Qol improvement.)

So well ye suck to an order tank when it came to fun reasons compared to destru one.

Ashoris

Post#13 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:10 am

everything said in this thread is true :)

yes Knight is essential
yes Knight has less buttons to smash than other tanks
yes Knight is not good Solo
yes Knight does no Damage

BUT

less Buttons means more focus on Flow of the Battle and doin the proper thing at the right time (but even that is too hard for most).
a Knight who pushes his 6 Buttons (snare, KD, Punt, shatter, wounds Debuff, guardswitch) correctly has more impact on your dps killin something than any other tank
your dmg may suck but with proper Punt (the tank) + (the Wounds debuff, critBuff) and a correct Knockdown (set at around 80%-60% Health of the Enemy) you more than double the dmg for your dps Partner !

you need to like teamwork (and have people who work with you) to actually have Fun with a Knight.
Unfortunately on this Server the majority of the People dont play as a Team and therefore synergies and teamwork are not considered fun but getting blamed.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Allie
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:56 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:48 pm Hello, my answer is for a 2h Knight in a party (no solo roaming).

Career build
If you need to be more mobile, Overpowering Sword can be swapped for Unstoppable Juggernaut.

Renown build

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;3;0;0;0

This is the base when you are playing 2h (4 Reflexes and 3 Futiles Strikes). When you have high RR, you can use 1 Quick Escape, Hardly Concession or Deft Defender. You can try a bit of everything until you find the build you like.

Auras
  • Stay Focused
  • Gather Your Resolve
  • Last one will depends : To Glory (AP) or Stay Strong (Toughness buff/debuff) or Press The Attack (Strength buff/debuff).
Gears

RR 4X

Before RR 5x, this is quite hard to play as 2H. Try to get all the Ruin set (PQ set), get enough armor and go tank Gundbad dungeon to get Redeye set and Crypt & Tunnel to get Sentinel set.

RR 5X
If you don't have enough Genesis, you can use : RR 6X and more

To edit for later

Talismans

For talismans, it will depends of your current gears, but try to get around 300 initiative. After that, you need enough HP (9k is decent). If you have room for more talismans, go for strength or toughness.

Good luck.
dont follow this ^^
save your war crests for warlord & sov gear watch my clip below if anyone that tells you to spend War Crests on leveling gear they are doing it wrong
heres a quick run down on how to do it smart https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1627374695
PvE gear does not require RR to equip so get the sets ruin(PQs),Red eye(Gunbad in BL),Sent(city dungeon),Bloodlord(CW dungeon), bloodlord is a great set for tanks that costs zero War Crests & no RR to equip all it will cost you is time.

CyunUnderis

Post#15 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:25 am

Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:56 am dont follow this ^^
save your war crests for warlord & sov gear watch my clip below if anyone that tells you to spend War Crests on leveling gear they are doing it wrong
heres a quick run down on how to do it smart https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1627374695
PvE gear does not require RR to equip so get the sets ruin(PQs),Red eye(Gunbad in BL),Sent(city dungeon),Bloodlord(CW dungeon), bloodlord is a great set for tanks that costs zero War Crests & no RR to equip all it will cost you is time.
Hiho, Hiho, ...

We can all agree on the fact that Bloodlord is great set for 2h tank, that cost zero WC. But you can't go in without at least a bit of gears (Redeye can be good because of the Armor bonus or Conqueror) and enough RR to get enough FS and block/parry, except if you have a good team. Also, thanks to this set you can unlock the Invader ward. That's why I have a "to edit" part around RR6x for the next step after Vanquisher.

The pass of saving crest for new player is dangerous, because :
  • You'll have gears which do not specifically reflect the build you want to play (Defensive gears for DPS for example)
  • You'll be less tanky (PvE gears provide less armor then RvR/PvP gears - except Redeye, thanks to the 3e bonus)
  • Require a team to get carried. You'll be a dead weight because you'll not be tanky enough (if you are a tank with less then Redeye for C/T for example) or you'll not DPS (like Hiho)
  • You'll be with a meh-gears until Sov/Warlord, until RR7x and it can be quite long if you are not tanky enough or if you don't DPS enough, and can't kill anything.
I wouldn't be as adamant as Hiho in saying don't take his advice, but more nuanced : when you are more experimented, with some friends, sure, go save your crest. If you are a new player, I don't recommend it. You will have enough crest during your leveling (by doing more RvR then SC) to buy the Vanquisher Set when you will level up 40.

@Hiho, nice clip against that DoK. Thanks to you, we saw all the Knight's strength and how to play it well.

Allie
Suspended

Post#16 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:45 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:25 am
Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:56 am dont follow this ^^
Hiho, Hiho, ...

We can all agree on the fact that Bloodlord is great set for 2h tank, that cost zero WC. But you can't go in without at least a bit of gears (Redeye can be good because of the Armor bonus or Conqueror) and enough RR to get enough FS and block/parry, except if you have a good team. Also, thanks to this set you can unlock the Invader ward. That's why I have a "to edit" part around RR6x for the next step after Vanquisher.

The pass of saving crest for new player is dangerous, because :
  • You'll have gears which do not specifically reflect the build you want to play (Defensive gears for DPS for example)
  • You'll be less tanky (PvE gears provide less armor then RvR/PvP gears - except Redeye, thanks to the 3e bonus)
  • Require a team to get carried. You'll be a dead weight because you'll not be tanky enough (if you are a tank with less then Redeye for C/T for example) or you'll not DPS (like Hiho)
  • You'll be with a meh-gears until Sov/Warlord, until RR7x and it can be quite long if you are not tanky enough or if you don't DPS enough, and can't kill anything.
I wouldn't be as adamant as Hiho in saying don't take his advice, but more nuanced : when you are more experimented, with some friends, sure, go save your crest. If you are a new player, I don't recommend it. You will have enough crest during your leveling (by doing more RvR then SC) to buy the Vanquisher Set when you will level up 40.

@Hiho, nice clip against that DoK. Thanks to you, we saw all the Knight's strength and how to play it well.
not true PvE gear is fine for tanks & you will not have enough war crests for warlord & sov & fort weapons if you start to spend them,new players even old players should not be spending war crests on leveling gear, even sent is nice as it is the start of getting regen for tanks, everyone should get to Bloodlord then worry about RR after that you need around 10k crests for 1 sov build so if you are not a no lifer then save your crests, min maxing below warlord & sov is not a good idea people need to focus on their endgame build & learn their class as they get to it, spending war crests on leveling gear will not save you in PvP all it does is waste your crests

edit
also doing the dungeon grind for PvE gear you will make a better social network then SCs & WBs most of my friends lists i still talk to are from when i was grinding dungeons with people, if you meet some good people you can get to bloodlord in 2 weeks once you hit 40

also anyone that puts Hiho(my bloodlord toughness regen solo roam choppa) in their posts i instantly think you are a scrub thats needs to l2p i dont hear people talking bout my main Hellaku(2h sov BG) oh wait thats cause you just want to meme & troll my alt as some justification for you thinking you are good & i am bad so lolz jog on

Cyrylius

Post#17 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:15 am

Following any mdk guild member in any matter concerning things not directly related to solo roam is not advised. See? Not talking about your alts here.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Allie
Suspended

Post#18 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:15 am Following any mdk guild member in any matter concerning things not directly related to solo roam is not advised. See? Not talking about your alts here.
whats that got to do with the price of fish? this is ward & gear advice as i said if ya want to waste your war crests by all means ignore what i say & be like the rest of theses afk xrealm zerg tards that just join WBs to leech & xrealm to the winning side or sit in faction discords to solo Q SCs, you lot should just be honest & tell people to roll both des & order then play which ever side has the winning zerg its how most of you level & gear your alts/mains your metas are lame & boring & dont raise players PvP IQs

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#19 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:18 pm

Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:15 am Following any mdk guild member in any matter concerning things not directly related to solo roam is not advised. See? Not talking about your alts here.
whats that got to do with the price of fish? this is ward & gear advice as i said if ya want to waste your war crests by all means ignore what i say & be like the rest of theses afk xrealm zerg tards that just join WBs to leech & xrealm to the winning side or sit in faction discords to solo Q SCs, you lot should just be honest & tell people to roll both des & order then play which ever side has the winning zerg its how most of you level & gear your alts/mains your metas are lame & boring & dont raise players PvP IQs
You immediately assumed op plans on solo roaming. 2H kotbs is used primarily in group play. I dont comment on the not spending crests mentality, everything i could say about it has already been said.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Allie
Suspended

Post#20 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:00 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:18 pm
Allie wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm
You immediately assumed op plans on solo roaming. 2H kotbs is used primarily in group play. I dont comment on the not spending crests mentality, everything i could say about it has already been said.
2h kotbs is a guard & punt bot you are better to go SnB is you roll a kotbs not a gimped 2h for mega punt
& i never assumed he wanted to solo roam or 1v1 my advice was about ward & crests & going SnB if you l2read