Recent Topics

Ads

New SC mode

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SuperStar

Re: New SC mode

Post#11 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:43 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:36 pm
SuperStar wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:05 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 pm Nothing wrong with DPS healers, especially when they out DPS normal DPS. My issue is when when match maker throws 6 DPS together. There should be a soft priority to match 2-2-2 and only exceed that IF there aren't enough in the population.
If you like it play with them. (Imo the only reason a "dps" healer do more dmg than a real dos coz the real dps doesnt get any heal)

My idea only 'punish' me. If 'dps' healer in the sc i dont wanna go i can wait another one.

But yeah iam opened many other options to get better pug solo duo sc experience.
Not really, because it punishes the team when you leave. The issue isn't people playing DPS healers, or allowing people to leave early, they should be punished for that for ruining everyone else's experience. If you join a match you should commit to stay. The issue is the match maker not at least having some healers who are not DPS in a group. The issue also links to another discussion about the population pool, what if there are no healers? Is everyone just gonna sit for 1 hour waiting for a SC? I don't think so.
Give that options to the ppl. Thats what i sad.

If i had an option to qq only when we will have healer or other case we dont have dps healer. I would be happy to wait 10 more min or even a hour sometimes.

Nothing wrong with this.

Better wait for a god mach than go in and press surrender in 5 times in a row. For me atleast.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#12 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:23 pm

SuperStar wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:43 pm Give that options to the ppl. Thats what i sad.

If i had an option to qq only when we will have healer or other case we dont have dps healer. I would be happy to wait 10 more min or even a hour sometimes.

Nothing wrong with this.

Better wait for a god mach than go in and press surrender in 5 times in a row. For me atleast.
You don't seem to understand that this was tried many years ago. It led to 30 minute to 1 hour queue times. And less people participated in SC's because of it making the situation even worse. That's why it was changed to the current system. Because it gatekept too many people from being able to participate in SC's. They're not gonna make a specific SC pool for one person because then that divides the SC population up which is already small. Plus the solution is so simple, join a pre-made. Then you never have to worry about not having a healer.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Tuxedo013

Post#13 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:27 am

Dont be lazy and pull people from /5 /g /a and even /1. There are always tanks willing to guard, healers to heal and dps to cause mayhem. Had 5 sc ques in midtier today with 2tanks 1mdps 1rdps 2heals and had a good assists, healers droped their arses healing. It was sad to see enemy team not having their teammates in mind with guarding, healing and assisting. You got to realize that this game puts teamplay and team effort first, so group play is always gonna be the best choice and solo play should just be treated as an option and just option when you just cant find people to play even then you have to realize that your chances will be low!

SuperStar

Post#14 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:43 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:23 pm
SuperStar wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:43 pm Give that options to the ppl. Thats what i sad.

Nothing wrong with this.

You don't seem to understand that this was tried many years ago. It led to 30 minute to 1 hour queue times. And less people participated in SC's because of it making the situation even worse. That's why it was changed to the current system. Because it gatekept too many people from being able to participate in SC's. They're not gonna make a specific SC pool for one person because then that divides the SC population up which is already small. Plus the solution is so simple, join a pre-made. Then you never have to worry about not having a healer.
It seems you dont understand it.

I suggest more options.

So we can decide what we want, everyone for himself.

Somebody solo or duo, some guys will play only with premade.

After balance hopefully ranked too.

And my suggestion: somebody for example me will play sc if no "dps" healer in the sc. Its my choice, i dont have problem with healer less sc it can be fun and winable. And i happily wait more. But its just me. Of course there is a chance and everybody decide they dont want to play with dps healer.
In that case the dps healers will have to wait and they will have to play with each other.

I hope the big balance will cure the "dps" healers coz now they are useless in party/wb.

Scottx125

Post#15 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:05 am

If you don't want to play with DPS healers, don't queue for SC's without a premade. It's pretty simple. You can't ban other players from joining your game just because you don't want them in the your game.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

SuperStar

Post#16 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:12 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:05 am If you don't want to play with DPS healers, don't queue for SC's without a premade. It's pretty simple. You can't ban other players from joining your game just because you don't want them in the your game.
Like i said i love to play sc solo or duo too.

Your logic is wrong.
(If somebody play with premade they ban the others?)

I just dont want to play with "dps" healers and i happily wait more for it if needed. Everbody can play like they want.

Nobody ban anybody. I just would like an option.

Why do you wanna force me to play "dps" healer?
Are you one of them?

Also my enlish is not native and bad. But iam surprised how you cant understand what i write.
I never said ban the "dps" healers.

Plz read carefully i explain you waht i would like with details and with examples.

We need more check box
Like sc map some ppl will join only some specific map the others join all of them.

We need more options some will check the check box "no dps healer in the sc" the others wont.

Some will check the box only with healers sc and some wont.

Those who have less check box probably will get pop faster.
Thats all.
Freedome, choosings, decisions.

Scottx125

Post#17 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:40 am

I do understand, but putting an option in that says "No playing with DPS healers" IS excluding dps healers from playing in ANY SC you or anyone else with that option enabled is playing in. Because as long as you or anyone else with that option has that option activated, DPS healers can't join their games. That's not freedom, that's exclusion.

What you have now is freedom, you can choose. Form a pre-made with healers, tanks and proper DPS. OR, do discordant SC's where everyone can join as they are free of any pre-mades that might destroy them.

You're viewing things from your perspective of - "I want the freedom to have games conform to what I want to play", which I might say is incredibly selfish. That's not how this works. The SC mechanics have to be broad enough to allow everyone to play and participate, not just those who you deem acceptable enough to play with. And again if this hasn't gotten into your head, IF you have an option that prevents you from joining games with DPS healers in them, the same applies in the opposite direction. IF DPS healers want to join YOUR game in progress, they can't because of the option you've enabled because you don't want to play with DPS healers.

In short - You can't exclude certain playstyles from SC's you might end up in because "You don't like it", everyone has to have the option to play. Implementing the kind of choice you would want, would exclude DPS healers from many games, because you only need 1 person to not want a DPS healer on your team, and suddenly no DPS healers can enter ANY SC's. You'd limit other peoples freedom to play how they want, just so you can improve your own gameplay. It. Won't.. Happen...
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

SuperStar

Post#18 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:55 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:40 am I do understand, but putting an option in that says "No playing with DPS healers" IS excluding dps healers from playing in ANY SC you or anyone else with that option enabled is playing in. Because as long as you or anyone else with that option has that option activated, DPS healers can't join their games. That's not freedom, that's exclusion.

What you have now is freedom, you can choose. Form a pre-made with healers, tanks and proper DPS. OR, do discordant SC's where everyone can join as they are free of any pre-mades that might destroy them.

You're viewing things from your perspective of - "I want the freedom to have games conform to what I want to play", which I might say is incredibly selfish. That's not how this works. The SC mechanics have to be broad enough to allow everyone to play and participate, not just those who you deem acceptable enough to play with. And again if this hasn't gotten into your head, IF you have an option that prevents you from joining games with DPS healers in them, the same applies in the opposite direction. IF DPS healers want to join YOUR game in progress, they can't because of the option you've enabled because you don't want to play with DPS healers.

In short - You can't exclude certain playstyles from SC's you might end up in because "You don't like it", everyone has to have the option to play. Implementing the kind of choice you would want, would exclude DPS healers from many games, because you only need 1 person to not want a DPS healer on your team, and suddenly no DPS healers can enter ANY SC's. You'd limit other peoples freedom to play how they want, just so you can improve your own gameplay. It. Won't.. Happen...
You are. Hard learner isnt it?

It would be a separate sc where everbody choose they dont want to play with 'dps' healer.

Like a map choosing.

If i and some other choose nordenwatch only and others blacklist it. We wont meet yeah but its not ban.

Who qq with no criteria will get pop faster. They have this advtage. But ppl who would like to olay without 'dps' healer or just with healer or just with 2/2/2 probably have to wait more if they are the minoriy.

At this point i give up btw i dont think you wanna understand this. Plz dont response read what i wrote and think about it. There is s reason why the majority of the players dont like the "dps" healers.

And this is the mindset when the dps healer force themself to the others in sc and pug wb. Imagine a full 'dps'healer sc for them it would be fun. And let the others play.

The "dps"healers need a big changing to be usefull in party and wb. Now they are not healer at all and not even dps.

Ads
Alubert

Post#19 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:05 pm

Amazing, the game is so many years old and people continue to talk such crap. Someone here doesn't understand the basics.
A DD spec healer is simply a DD like any other DD.
What don't you understand here?
You are venting your frustrations and failures on innocent people.
You want guaranteed treatment then invite a healer to your party and stop crying.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Scottx125

Post#20 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:21 pm

SuperStar wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:55 am You are. Hard learner isnt it?

It would be a separate sc where everbody choose they dont want to play with 'dps' healer.

Like a map choosing.

If i and some other choose nordenwatch only and others blacklist it. We wont meet yeah but its not ban.

Who qq with no criteria will get pop faster. They have this advtage. But ppl who would like to olay without 'dps' healer or just with healer or just with 2/2/2 probably have to wait more if they are the minoriy.

At this point i give up btw i dont think you wanna understand this. Plz dont response read what i wrote and think about it. There is s reason why the majority of the players dont like the "dps" healers.

And this is the mindset when the dps healer force themself to the others in sc and pug wb. Imagine a full 'dps'healer sc for them it would be fun. And let the others play.

The "dps"healers need a big changing to be usefull in party and wb. Now they are not healer at all and not even dps.
Oh my word... Look. It doesn't matter if you do or don't want to play with X spec of a class. Having an option that says you don't want to play with that spec. Means if you do or don't get into a game, it limits the population pool for everyone else. And if many more people have that option, it just makes the situation worse. And the problem, is that if you're in a game, if one person has that option enabled... DPS healers can't join the game because of one person. That is exclusion. It's pretty simple. I think you do understand but you just don't want to because you have this "me..me..me" attitude, let me be blunt. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. The SC pool has to be available to everyone, equally. Implementing what YOU want, would isolate and exclude both people who use the feature and also those who don't. You can't seem to get your head around that, if one person is in a game with that option enabled, NOBODY. Who is a DPS healer, can play in that game.

Unless we then have a system that overrides that option if 90% of people don't have the option enabled, but then it defeats the purpose of the option all together. And even if only 10% of people wanted DPS healers in their games, what the hell are DPS healers who are well within their right to play as such, meant to do for SC pops? Nothing. There is NO solution to this that would work for the benefit of everyone. Don't be lazy, stop moaning on the forums about an unfeasible solution to a made up problem, put some effort in and make a premade group.

I do agree, some DPS healers aren't as good as pure DPS and need buffing and making more interesting, but excluding them from SC's until that's done isn't the way to go at ALL. AND FOR THE LAST TIME, it is excluding them, if THEY don't have the ability to join games someone with this option enabled is already in.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.