Recent Topics

Ads

New SC mode

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SuperStar

Re: New SC mode

Post#51 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:03 am

Cyrylius wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:55 am Tank as the MA is not a good idea, tank should be capable of swapping guard to heals, other tank, better positioning and managing the defensive tools it has to use to keep party alive. Its not impossible to do, just that tanks that act as the MA are always less effective as tanking. On the other hand, DPS can pick targets with no negative impact on perfromance.
We killed everybody and farmed the event sc easly.
I was tired to be MA. Also we were on discord.
He was a legend btw. I can imagine not every player can do it.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#52 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am

SuperStar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:03 am
Cyrylius wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:55 am Tank as the MA is not a good idea, tank should be capable of swapping guard to heals, other tank, better positioning and managing the defensive tools it has to use to keep party alive. Its not impossible to do, just that tanks that act as the MA are always less effective as tanking. On the other hand, DPS can pick targets with no negative impact on perfromance.
: D Farming event Sc's against pugs aint really saying much. Dps should be the MA and generally his Guard should follow him. Ofc when problems occur tank needs to guard other players so you pull back a bit regrp and start again. I want to see your guild/party playing 6v6 or 12v12 against some of best players RoR has.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Sulorie

Post#53 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am

I can imagine that you are something special. :^)
Dying is no option.

SuperStar

Post#54 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:31 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am
: D Farming event Sc's against pugs aint really saying much. Dps should be the MA and generally his Guard should follow him. Ofc when problems occur tank needs to guard other players so you pull back a bit regrp and start again. I want to see your guild/party playing 6v6 or 12v12 against some of best players RoR has.
We killed all the order premade and the whole community baby crying on the server and discord.
It was before chosen and choppa nerf.

After the new meta if i will find something interesting for me, i will happily build a party.

SuperStar

Post#55 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:32 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am
The chosen was special. And i was a prenerf choppa.

It was good days.

Cyrylius

Post#56 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:59 pm

SuperStar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:32 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am

The chosen was special. And i was a prenerf choppa.

It was good days.
and yet i still think that tank should not be the MA in any competent setup
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Duukar

Post#57 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:30 pm

Alubert wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:25 pm
Duukar wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:53 pm
A penalty for DPS who run out of guard range consistently and/or dont run Tether.
It is hard to believe that someone writes such nonsense in a game that is a dozen years old.
Since when is the DPS supposed to run after gaurd?
It's a tank that has ALWAYS been in GUARD range.

This forum can amaze a person sometimes :).

First of all, all players on sc who practice bizarre tactics "hug the flag and the rest doesn't matter" should get 0 crests.
Sooooo just curious. When DPS is given quite a bit of mobility tools and tanks are given JUGGERNAUT on a 60 sec CD. Explain to me HOW exactly DPS arent responsible for their own survival when tanks are LITERALLY constantly snared and CCed and punted away?? Obviously the tanks are required to guard and assist the DPS but if you keep running out of range of guard because you are a brain dead dummy you have become a HUGE liability for your team as you now lie dead and im swapping guard to heals to get you rezzed..

The moral of the story is PAY ATTENTION to your tether and make sure you dont STUPIDLY race off out of guard range..

Man people can say some really bone headed things about a 12 year old game. Tanks should go on strike with attitudes like this.

Unless this is sarcasm and then definitely a funny reply!

Duukar

Post#58 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:38 pm

SuperStar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:49 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:44 am
derKleineKerl wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:21 am Yeah like a Wl who is using his charge to run into enemy line and pouncing into the back line and after that blaming the tank for not being in guard range.
In my opinion both dps and tank should pay attention to the guard range. In general it's always a great idea to split a small player base into more and more different sc variants., ;)
True but this is just a bad DPS then. It's still correct, that tanks follow DPS, not the other way around.
I have to disagree.
I played a lot of sc when my beloved guard was the MA and i followed him.

I loved it.
People who play this game for years and years would have us all locked in a META box of their creation. The testing is done! The results are final!

I've run MA on my 2H blork many many times and absolutely DESTROYED SCs. Blorcs dont have to worry about punts and ive always committed 100% to a full peel of heals under pressure in SCs. A "peel" for those non DAoC types is the MA, in this case, turning on DPS that try for heals. Even more lucky is that as tank MA you can swap guard and start killing the offending DPS in two clicks.

Obviously DPS being MA is optimal, but sometimes talent can dictate optimization. BGs and Chosen dont make great MAs, but Blorc can do just fine.

You do you!

Ads