Recent Topics

Ads

Queue for dungeons

Let's talk about... everything else
Ersobhir

Queue for dungeons

Post#1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:06 am

Hello my dear comrades,

Sorry for this topic in advance. I am seeing that there are some aggressive human beings if someone is coming with some ideas what are not in line with original game, but I thought it might be quite interesting to discuss, but if it is irrelevant for most of players, I beg not to hate me - just ignore this post, because I am sensitive ;)
I am a player who remember "live" version, but that time I was around 20 YO. Many water has passed in the rivers that time. I remember that most of people that time were running Sentinel or other PVE sets as it was easier to gather ;)
Luckily at the days of dying of server that made changes, so after all first warlords and sovs set started to appear. So we can see different variants on our server.

Anyway, my topic is not about me or live version and about the past.

I know that this game is PvP (or RvR) experience.
I know that "old school" is better way to gather people.
But...
I am not able to play this game as much as I was younger (it is my issue, I know...). I have no time to "sit in place" (whatever activity you can call it) and type /5 (LFG) - is anyone interested to go for CnT.
Even I am able to catch some people, after a while they quit or they are refusing to go, because of "my first run" or Conqueror set isn't sufficient for the group. So after dozens of minutes of collecting group I am coming back to RvR.
(I know it would be easier to be tank or even healer to gather people, but still it consume a lot of time).
(I know that I should ask for guildmates - but my guild is not big enough)
(I know "this is the way" of using Looking for Group chat is the best way)

Finally after these long introduction:
Do you consider if it is worthy to introduce some launcher (like for SC) for PVE (dungeons)?
It might be split for newbie run and for expert run (after some entries to dungeons).
Some option of teleport next to entrance to dungeons (that you don't have to run whole map to travel to this land) it would be nice.
For some of you it can reminds solution from WOW - and it is something what I am asking for.

Again: sorry if it is bad idea. Do not nuke me for this post. I was just curious if there are players who might think it is nice way for checking "how it feels to do something else than PvP" :)

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: Queue for dungeons

Post#2 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Yeah, welcome to the +30s club bud ;)

Nothing wrong with your idea, it's been suggested couple times before, but unlike WoW you..
A. Don't have a masive population (even less of PvEers).
B. There's a very limited amount of dungeons, with very little replay value after completion
C. There's an amount of sequencing/gear check involved: PQ (ruin) -> GB -> City -> BS
D. Competes with PvP progress events (fort, city, lotd, etc.)
E. Dungeons take 30-120+ minutes.

This all splits who would queue and how long before a group is auto gathered to a point where it probably be an unused feature even if implemented well.

They'd need to add more features like:
1. Queue on multiple / inactive characters and the pve queue is seperate from SC queue
2. After accepting port directly into dungeon with intended character.
3. Only complete 1 wing/end boss (quests/loot to be adjusted for this)
4. Add "helper" queue option ("helpers" are players that have completed bloodlord ward), after a group has 4/6 players in queue for more than 10 minutes, helpers will fill the spot.
5. Add a monthly dungeon influence reward primarily to incentivize helpers to queue.

But that seems like a massive effort to maybe make it viable outside prime time.

Your best bet until then
-> hide your gear and don't say RR unless asked
-> don't say you don't know the dungeon (unless the group is already full and inside and you've just wiped because of you)
-> LFMore don't LFGroup and be flexible with party setup
-> join active (more than 1-2 online) pve friendly guild
-> offer gold (50-200g) or all crafting loot or beg
-> don't play dps :lol:
-> some times lfm for a specific wing instead of the whole dungeon is better
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

normanis

Post#3 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 pm

u will find more slowly for specifick wing than for whole dungeons. not all whant get half done dung because someone need chest. than he leave and u need que more. its sometimes hard to get tanks. or healers.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sofong

Post#4 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:17 pm

just make bloodlord weap attainable from PVP please.

Ersobhir

Post#5 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:01 pm Yeah, welcome to the +30s club bud ;)

Nothing wrong with your idea, it's been suggested couple times before, but unlike WoW you..
A. Don't have a masive population (even less of PvEers).
B. There's a very limited amount of dungeons, with very little replay value after completion
C. There's an amount of sequencing/gear check involved: PQ (ruin) -> GB -> City -> BS
D. Competes with PvP progress events (fort, city, lotd, etc.)
E. Dungeons take 30-120+ minutes.

This all splits who would queue and how long before a group is auto gathered to a point where it probably be an unused feature even if implemented well.

They'd need to add more features like:
1. Queue on multiple / inactive characters and the pve queue is seperate from SC queue
2. After accepting port directly into dungeon with intended character.
3. Only complete 1 wing/end boss (quests/loot to be adjusted for this)
4. Add "helper" queue option ("helpers" are players that have completed bloodlord ward), after a group has 4/6 players in queue for more than 10 minutes, helpers will fill the spot.
5. Add a monthly dungeon influence reward primarily to incentivize helpers to queue.

But that seems like a massive effort to maybe make it viable outside prime time.

Your best bet until then
-> hide your gear and don't say RR unless asked
-> don't say you don't know the dungeon (unless the group is already full and inside and you've just wiped because of you)
-> LFMore don't LFGroup and be flexible with party setup
-> join active (more than 1-2 online) pve friendly guild
-> offer gold (50-200g) or all crafting loot or beg
-> don't play dps :lol:
-> some times lfm for a specific wing instead of the whole dungeon is better
Very valuable comment.
I appreciate it a lot! I shall discover different options for searching for a group and adjust to recommended behaviour.

Didn't know that I am repeating idea - I swear I tries to dig, but again "noob" pop from me 😞

PS. I have weapons on my char gained from gathering Genesis Coins
But somehow Sentinel weapon seems to fit more to my idea of build

BluIzLucky

Post#6 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:20 pm

normanis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 pm u will find more slowly for specifick wing than for whole dungeons. not all whant get half done dung because someone need chest. than he leave and u need que more. its sometimes hard to get tanks. or healers.
Yeah, it's for a last resort option, which has worked for me couple time in offpeak hours, some times people don't mind helping on a single wing but dont want/have time for a full run.

Ersobhir wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 pm ...
Didn't know that I am repeating idea - I swear I tries to dig, but again "noob" pop from me 😞
Np, the project must be turning 10 years soon, so was more to say you are not alone in wanting it and I spend too much time on forum :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

nocturnalguest

Post#7 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:05 pm

Since long ago i fully stop gathering PvE groups in game. Only in discord. Thru /5 it takes more time to get people then to run a thing.
I do sometimes join random groups in case they are almost full (4-5/6), sometimes it does work.
Idea is fine, but BluIzLucky already pointed out why it wont work here.

Darks63

Post#8 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:00 am

Would be nice if you could do this for pve i liked the feature in swtor for doing pve dailies.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:44 pm

All I can say is join a guild and pre-organise it on their discord. That's what my guild tends to do. We don't always run them, but if someone needs it after an event night or another night if it's organised we'll group up to help gear someone.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:17 pm

i'd rather see pve rewards available for extortionate amounts of crests like what happened with ranked gear. do pve if you want it quick, but if you just wanna pvp you'll also get it eventually. nothing worse than planning a build, realising it needs an onslaught piece and so just giving up on the entire thing