Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion: First aid

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tothjowii

Suggestion: First aid

Post#1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:13 pm

This has been on my mind a lot of late so here goes. I think we can all agree that the flow of combat while solo or without a healer can be kind of tedious at best of times. Waiting for your health to come back after a epic or even a semi epic fight can be boring and even with the resto pots (which by the way have a 3 min cd) its hard to get back in fighting shape quickly. Hence the First aid Career. I think a new crafting ( if possible don't know if the devs could make a new crafting thing) would be used both scavenge and cultivating gathering skill from there I would leave the ins and outs of how it works to their great minds( they did make a new city from scratch pretty much)

With that i would love your likes and dislikes about the system that would help out alot of people with there leveling and combat fun

Ads
Allie
Suspended

Re: Suggestion: First aid

Post#2 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 pm

ahh yes WE & WH need first-add if you add first-aid it will just be abused by WH & WEs so i dont think first-aid is a good idea for RoR as RoR is getting to much like WoW already & the invisible gank meta doesnt need the WoW rogue bandaid meta added to it as well.

Scottx125

Post#3 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:47 pm

You just need a healer. That's pretty much the answer. The whole concept of RvR is warband gameplay as 2-2-2 groups. If you don't have that or run solo, you're going to be far less effective compared to if you are running as a well formed group.

If you're in a WB and there are no healers frequently, maybe roll a healer? Or ask if someone who has one can swap to heal everyone.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Tothjowii

Post#4 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:41 pm

Allie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 pm ahh yes WE & WH need first-add if you add first-aid it will just be abused by WH & WEs so i dont think first-aid is a good idea for RoR as RoR is getting to much like WoW already & the invisible gank meta doesnt need the WoW rogue bandaid meta added to it as well.
[/quote

I see your point Allie but I bet there are ways to make sure that its not abused. I also see your point about the WoW comparison but right now the combat flow is too slow for me as a solo player. I play with other people but because I live in the USA I'm not here when the majority of players are on unless its a weekend.
Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:47 pm You just need a healer. That's pretty much the answer. The whole concept of RvR is warband gameplay as 2-2-2 groups. If you don't have that or run solo, you're going to be far less effective compared to if you are running as a well formed group.

If you're in a WB and there are no healers frequently, maybe roll a healer? Or ask if someone who has one can swap to heal everyone.
That's assuming that I'm doing RvR 100% of the time Scott but I'm not I'm messing around in Pqs and RvR leveling my main (he's doing most of the RvR) and alts at the same time. That why a system like this would be great I have barely seen anyone do PQs with a healer it mostly dps tanks and the like.

Tothjowii

Post#5 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Another thought that just came to me is what Lord of the Rings Online does. Which is have food of varying levels that give a healing affect over time out of combat for oh lets say 20 mins tops? What does everyone think of that?

normanis

Post#6 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:09 pm

i dont think those buffed classes need more hp regen than they have at moment.
there was crazy person who whanted all clases run around 16khp+. :lol:
lets not make warhammer coppy paste wow. warhammer was game with diferent features than wow. not coppy paste.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Allie
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:56 pm

Tothjowii wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:41 pm
Allie wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 pm ahh yes WE & WH need first-add if you add first-aid it will just be abused by WH & WEs so i dont think first-aid is a good idea for RoR as RoR is getting to much like WoW already & the invisible gank meta doesnt need the WoW rogue bandaid meta added to it as well.
[/quote

I see your point Allie but I bet there are ways to make sure that its not abused. I also see your point about the WoW comparison but right now the combat flow is too slow for me as a solo player. I play with other people but because I live in the USA I'm not here when the majority of players are on unless its a weekend.
Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:47 pm You just need a healer. That's pretty much the answer. The whole concept of RvR is warband gameplay as 2-2-2 groups. If you don't have that or run solo, you're going to be far less effective compared to if you are running as a well formed group.

That's assuming that I'm doing RvR 100% of the time Scott but I'm not I'm messing around in Pqs and RvR leveling my main (he's doing most of the RvR) and alts at the same time. That why a system like this would be great I have barely seen anyone do PQs with a healer it mostly dps tanks and the like.
the devs could just increase the PvE out of combat regen so if you are not flagged for PvP your regen out of combat is increased & it wont effect PvP/RvR in anyway