Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Nominate Character for Rewards.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Scottx125

[Suggestion] Nominate Character for Rewards.

Post#1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:53 pm

So I've seen a lot of people wanting currency trading, and for many reasons I think that's a bad idea. But what about nominating a character you're not on for receiving all your crests and contribution (maybe even renown)? That way for example, if your warband needs a healer to be played effectively, you can play that healer whilst feeding all the renown and crests you earn during that session directly to your alt that you aren't playing? Perhaps set a level limit before rewards are received such as Rank 40 and 40 renown to stop people power levelling or having ridiculous gear at low levels.

After you've played for X hours and log off or a zone locks, everything you earned is transferred over to your nominated character? What do you guys think?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Omegus

Re: [Suggestion] Nominate Character for Rewards.

Post#2 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:11 pm

This is still boosting characters without playing them (and getting currency for gear is still progresion), and is one of the things explicitly mentioned before that the devs don't want you doing. Pretty much the only thing that allows this right now is LOTD and that is due to how entry to the event happens, and the rewards you can get from the event are very limited.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Scottx125

Re: [Suggestion] Nominate Character for Rewards.

Post#3 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:14 pm

Well you're playing, just diverting Renown and Crests from your current character to the one you want to level. But it's just an idea, I know a few people who are rank 80+ who have alts they want to level but don't get a lot of opportunity to do so because they're always playing classes to support WB's etc. I'd argue it would be character boosting if you didn't have to put as much effort in, but you do because you're actively playing. Maybe do it at 50% rate to compensate?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.