Recent Topics

Ads

[GUIDE] Some VERY basics about playing with others

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[GUIDE] Some VERY basics about playing with others

Post#1 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 pm

[work in progress]
INTRODUCTION :

Hello ! After doing some rerolls and playing thousands of hours, I came to the conclusion that many players, (new or veterans), lacked certain essential practices in order to appreciate group play in scenarios or in RvR.
This is not a repproach, sometimes we just don't think about it, and if no one tells you... :)

So here we, go some very simple (and obvious) tips to become awesome in scenarios or in RvR.

Note those tips are applicable, whether you are a lonely casual player or not. They are super simple and easy to follow.

Rule I : Know your Role.

«No one expect a Sorcerer or a Bright Wizard to heal anyone.»
If this sentence makes no sense to you, rule n°I is not acquired.

GENERAL :
-If you play in a group (scenario, warband), act as a part of this group, don't play solo.
-Read carefully what your ablities, moral and tactics can do. According this game is not a solo game, always ask yourself what you gonna be able bring to a team. Don't hesitate to test different specs and build, it is free.
-Remove yourself from a received idea : You are not a game changer. The whole group is interdependent : Understanding what each class can and cannot do will help you make choices during fight. Ex : A healer can't jump in enemies backlines to heal you.
-Try as much as possible to keep your group concentrated : The more you spray, the harder it will be to everyone to fulfill his role, beware of funnel vision, don't be pulled far from your buddies. If it happens, you are dead, and you risk causing their death too.

HEALER :
-If you play a healer, act as a healer and heal (a lot).
Focus on your group FIRST, and keep an eye on other players, just in case.

BASIC : -YOUR GROUP MUST HAVE YOUR HEALING PRIORITY-
SECONDARY : -DONT FORGET TO BUFF YOUR TEAMMATES-

Addon(s) : Enemy. It will help you to see in a blink who needs some heal, a buff, a cleans AND target him faster.

DAMAGE DEALER :

-If you play a damage dealer, act as a damage dealer, do damages (a lot).
As a damage dealer, you have to eliminate opponents. You are the only one able to do this. Problem is
that alone, you wont be able to eliminate anyone without fail. ASSIST is the key.

BASIC : QUICKLY DECIDE WHO IN YOU GROUP/WARBAND GONNA BE THE MAIN ASSIST AND ASSIST HIM AT ALL COST
SECONDARY : -ASSESS THE RISKS FOR YOUR GROUP-

(It is easier to assist a melee damage dealer, for some obvious reasons)

Addon(s) : Swiftassist is a mandatory.
Little edit of swifassist macro : (Credits : Sullemunk; Bradbury111)
Copy/Paste this in the macro :

Code: Select all

/script SwiftAssist.SetAssist();
Enemy.MarksToggle(1);
SendChatText(L"Assisting %f", L"")

TANK :
-If you play a tank, act as a tank, and tank.
Become the shadow of the one you guard and take the blows in his place.
Doing damages is NOT your priority. PROTECTING your teammates (atleast one, to begin with)
and interfere with opposing tanks, driving them away from the target they protect. When you will be
confident, with your role, try to switch your guard tu any secondary member of your group who
could need your protection.

BASIC : -GUARD SOMEONE AND STICK HIM LIKE A LEECH-
SECONDARY : -CHALLENGE OPPONENT AND ISOLATE MAIN TARGET (BUMPING HIS OWN GUARD)

Addon(s) : Guardpack is a mandatory. Enemy to switch fast if needed.

Ads
Ashoris

Re: [GUIDE] Some VERY basics about playing with others

Post#2 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:18 pm

I love it !

it makes me happy ... knowing that there are people out who struggle with the same things :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Akalukz

Post#3 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Fantastic, wonder what the chance of getting enemy / guard pack / swift assist built into the game download by default.
-= Agony =-

bradbury111

Post#4 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:34 pm

tanks: for faster swapping use enemy addon, and assign guard ability to one of your mouse buttons

if you're a black orc strongly believes you can punt their guards but in reality focus on not being punted out of your guard.

Phantasm

Post#5 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:09 pm

bradbury111 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:34 pm tanks: for faster swapping use enemy addon, and assign guard ability to one of your mouse buttons

if you're a black orc strongly believes you can punt their guards but in reality focus on not being punted out of your guard.
How you make setswiftassist macro for enemy cast?

bradbury111

Post#6 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:45 pm

Phantasm wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:09 pm How you make setswiftassist macro for enemy cast?
In click casting, Action, instead of "Ability", set "Slash Command" and copy the macro for the swift assist.

Enemy.MarksToggle(X) isn't necessary, it puts the arrow, in my case 5 is the orange mark.

Scottx125

Post#7 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:50 am

Instructions not clear, ended up being a DPS as a healer :lol:. But in all seriousness whilst I wish something like this wasn't necessary, the amount of times I've seen beginners try to go for a full DPS healer or DPS tank just make me die inside. People should learn the basics of how to play their class properly before venturing into different builds.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:52 am

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:50 am Instructions not clear, ended up being a DPS as a healer :lol:. But in all seriousness whilst I wish something like this wasn't necessary, the amount of times I've seen beginners try to go for a full DPS healer or DPS tank just make me die inside. People should learn the basics of how to play their class properly before venturing into different builds.
IMO it is super clear :). If you play a DPS chosen or a DPS Archimage, you must act as a DPS :), meaning doing LOT of damages and assisting the main DPS.

Ads
SuperStar

Post#9 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:09 am

+

Dont come with "dps" healer if you want to win.
I hope mastery and rr trainer will be in every sc in the near future and the leech healers will be a usefull grouphealers with almost zero dmg and the dps healers will be real dps with almost zero self heal.

+
Dont come with naked or very low lvl gear.

+
Use potions, learn a profession

+
Sc are capture based game, the whole game is capture based, we have too many ranged.
Roll healer tank and mdps if you wanna win.

Cookiecutting rdps pew pew from far behind from safe wont work if all of you rdps.

Every war need a front.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:37 pm

Spoiler:
SuperStar wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:09 am +

Dont come with "dps" healer if you want to win.
I hope mastery and rr trainer will be in every sc in the near future and the leech healers will be a usefull grouphealers with almost zero dmg and the dps healers will be real dps with almost zero self heal.

+
Dont come with naked or very low lvl gear.

+
Use potions, learn a profession

+
Sc are capture based game, the whole game is capture based, we have too many ranged.
Roll healer tank and mdps if you wanna win.

Cookiecutting rdps pew pew from far behind from safe wont work if all of you rdps.

Every war need a front.
You really have a bee in your bonnet about DPS healers don't you?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.