Recent Topics

Ads

EXP / RR modifier based on duration of SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Caduceus

EXP / RR modifier based on duration of SC

Post#1 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Hey all,

I would like to suggest a modifier (if it doesn't already exists) that makes scenarios reward more experience and renown based on the duration of the scenario.

This change will give players greater rewards for longer fights (which also tend to be closer fights), and thus motivate players to keep playing rather than surrendering.

The modifier would apply only to earned exp/rr, so it will still be representative of the performance and efforts of the players.

One-sided SCs can still be surrendered, to avoid a team unnecessarily prolonging fights.

Since the modifier only applies to earned exp/rr, there's no motivation to extend SCs for players who are not actively playing and earning renown.

Thanks for reading,
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
SuperStar

Re: EXP / RR modifier based on duration of SC

Post#2 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:30 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:52 pm Hey all,

I would like to suggest a modifier (if it doesn't already exists) that makes scenarios reward more experience and renown based on the duration of the scenario.

This change will give players greater rewards for longer fights (which also tend to be closer fights), and thus motivate players to keep playing rather than surrendering.

The modifier would apply only to earned exp/rr, so it will still be representative of the performance and efforts of the players.

One-sided SCs can still be surrendered, to avoid a team unnecessarily prolonging fights.

Since the modifier only applies to earned exp/rr, there's no motivation to extend SCs for players who are not actively playing and earning renown.

Thanks for reading,

You have the same problem but we figured out a better solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=49650

Cyrylius

Post#3 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:10 am

Well, i like this idea much more than what you proposed. Mostly because it doesn't make pops faster while rewarding even fights, instead of trying to make population smaller.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

SuperStar

Post#4 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:55 am

Our final idea was to balance between the 2 side like in ranked so no longer wait but enjoyable fights

Whyumadbro

Post#5 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:14 pm

SuperStar wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:30 pm

Thanks for reading,

dude your ideas **** suck - like your name and shame thing, no offense but pls stop

SuperStar

Post#6 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:22 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:14 pm

Thanks for reading,

dude your ideas **** suck - like your name and shame thing, no offense but pls stop
Watch your attitude!

My ideas are epics!

The final idea was make balance between the 2 side like in ranked but not necessarily 2/2/2.

(I still interested in sc where no these crap dps healers)

Ps: read my BigBalanceBrainStorm thread that one is the best collection of my and other ideas.

Whyumadbro

Post#7 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:41 pm

SuperStar wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:22 pm

Watch your attitude!

My ideas are epics!

The final idea was make balance between the 2 side like in ranked but not necessarily 2/2/2.

Ps: read my BigBalanceBrainStorm thread that one is the best collection of my and other ideas.
thanks for showing me the most cringe stuff i will encoutner today.

SuperStar

Post#8 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:36 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:41 pm

Watch your attitude!

My ideas are epics!

thanks for showing me the most cringe stuff i will encoutner today.
https://youtu.be/79DijItQXMM

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#9 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 pm

Watch your attitude!

My ideas are epics!

I once said that devs implementing ideas like yours for one day would be nice, just so that next time a RoR messiah shows up saying the same things as every one before him everyone will tell him that it didnt work. But i guess youre just here to show me that they would still keep coming and saying the same stuff over and over again. Still, youre being an interesting forum warrior, keep up yor good work towards inproving our experience in the game.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Caduceus

Post#10 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:55 am

Can all stop derailing this thread and instead focus on the idea that is presented?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz