Recent Topics

Ads

Party ap regen

Let's talk about... everything else
rngvp

Party ap regen

Post#1 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 pm

What classes offer party ap regen? Is there a meta of what’s the best class to keep everyone’s ap up?

I know zealot/rp has the ritual/rune that does it but I was grouped with a rp that wasn’t running it. When I ask in chat people say use ap pot but that seems like a gcd waste when you’re trying to burst down a healer. I did stack some +ap jewelry and that helps but I’m sacrificing a lot of better options.

I hope this will serve as a guide to new players as well. Thanks!

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Party ap regen

Post#2 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:30 pm

rngvp wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 pm What classes offer party ap regen? Is there a meta of what’s the best class to keep everyone’s ap up?

I know zealot/rp has the ritual/rune that does it but I was grouped with a rp that wasn’t running it. When I ask in chat people say use ap pot but that seems like a gcd waste when you’re trying to burst down a healer. I did stack some +ap jewelry and that helps but I’m sacrificing a lot of better options.

Engi/Magus got tactic that everyone within 30 feet of their pet gets 20ap every 2 seconds. Its very good=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Omegus

Post#3 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm

rngvp wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 pm What classes offer party ap regen? Is there a meta of what’s the best class to keep everyone’s ap up?

Zealots, DoKs, Warrior Priests and Rune Priests all have a tactic that has a chance to grant AP when someone is directly healed. This also triggers from the Zealot and Rune Priest's healing ritual due to a 2.5 year old bug where the healing ritual is counted as direct healing. It's trivial for Rune Priests to take the tactic as they can just spec left + right path and get all the useful tools. It's harder for Zealots as the AP tactic is in the middle path meaning you have to do some god-awful 3-path-spec to get it and other tools while missing out on things.

The AP ritual/master rune typically isn't used unless there is another Zealot/RP in the party, at which point one will use the healing ritual and proc everything while the other uses the AP ritual.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Shiferbrains

Post#4 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:34 pm

I've used Ritual of Lunacy with the AP Regen talent. It's good, but you sacrifice Aethyric Shock and a lot of points on the Alchemist Path (making single target heals worse). It just doesn't seem to be worth it.

CyunUnderis

Post#5 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:22 pm

Chosen/Knight AP auras, Zealot/RP/DoK/WP/IB/Engi/Magus AP pump tactic, BB/BE or C/T weapons for DPS, SW skill Hunter's Favor, BO skill Get 'Em, BG skill Elite Training, IB skill Watch An' Learn.

Cyrylius

Post#6 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:27 am

In general, two to three of those should be in any party. So for example zealot, dok and chosen, or Ib, kotbs and runepriest. Two is sometimes enough, too. Worth mentioning that some skills (for example AP auras on chosen/kotbs) drain your AP, so the same comp can be fine one engagement and completely AP starved the other one.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Cyrylius

Post#7 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:31 am

Shiferbrains wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:34 pm I've used Ritual of Lunacy with the AP Regen talent. It's good, but you sacrifice Aethyric Shock and a lot of points on the Alchemist Path (making single target heals worse). It just doesn't seem to be worth it.
for large scale meta zealot build is to drop stagger for the AP pump, for smallscale you take the stagger and slot empowered alteration if needed as its likely to hit most of your party anyway. That being said, RP can get all of those in one build.

Minisynn

Post#8 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:15 am

General AP pump comp that people run within a RvR warband party is a KOTBS with AP aura, and a RP running the AP pump tactic, which procs heavily off of their healing rune and is far better for the group than running AP rune (unless ofc you have two runepriests in the party). On top of that, you have two AP pots (pvp pots and crafted pots). For PvE, people might run an extra pump just because of the constant uptime of fights.

As well as this, pretty much every endgame geared character will have a Sovereign ring with 3 AP/s regen on it, a Sentinel or Triumphant ring with 3-4 AP/s regen on it, and often another piece of sov gear that has 1-2 AP/s on it. At that point, only really Engi/Magus and maybe Runepriests/Zealots that aren't running Restorative Burst or a strong AP feedback set or the 6 AP/s sc weapon will still have some AP issues when it comes to warband specs, but for engi/magus at least that's just because the AP costs of their spells are ridiculously expensive in terms of value per cast, but that's a rant for another day
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:31 am
Shiferbrains wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:34 pm I've used Ritual of Lunacy with the AP Regen talent. It's good, but you sacrifice Aethyric Shock and a lot of points on the Alchemist Path (making single target heals worse). It just doesn't seem to be worth it.
for large scale meta zealot build is to drop stagger for the AP pump, for smallscale you take the stagger and slot empowered alteration if needed as its likely to hit most of your party anyway. That being said, RP can get all of those in one build.
Empowered Alteration has been on the bug tracker for nearly 2 years and only gives half of the AP it should do :(
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Cyrylius

Post#10 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:58 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:28 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:31 am
Empowered Alteration has been on the bug tracker for nearly 2 years and only gives half of the AP it should do :(
Still a good pick for a second zealot in a 6 man, or at least a borderline useful one. Didn't know it's bugged however, i don't monitor my ap that closely.