Recent Topics

Ads

Let the players play how they want, its a game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toshutkidup

Re: Let the players play how they want, its a game

Post#31 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:20 pm

The message ur referring to isn’t new, that system has been around for almost as long as I’ve been on the server. As a solo player I’ve experienced it many many times. Do I like it, no, but as many have said this is a team based game. Just as in life you can do things as you choose ( to a point ) but have consequences for those decisions. So if you wish to Que for a 6v6 /12v12 or whatever SC and then play solo in a solo party, ur free to do so, no one is stopping you. But you have a consequence in doing so. Accept it or don’t and move on to a different game.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
ReBiff
Suspended

Post#32 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:20 pm The message ur referring to isn’t new, that system has been around for almost as long as I’ve been on the server. As a solo player I’ve experienced it many many times. Do I like it, no, but as many have said this is a team based game. Just as in life you can do things as you choose ( to a point ) but have consequences for those decisions. So if you wish to Que for a 6v6 /12v12 or whatever SC and then play solo in a solo party, ur free to do so, no one is stopping you. But you have a consequence in doing so. Accept it or don’t and move on to a different game.
"That system has been in the game as long as I have" ohhhh so I guess that means It can't be changed? Suuuuurely thats not the point of the SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK forum... idk why I even bother responding to comments like these, simply not worth my time when people can't think for themselves.

But ill humor you i guess.

If you wanna use that brain dead mindset. What about nerfed buttons??? It was along longer.

Minisynn

Post#33 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:44 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:54 am
Minisynn wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:54 am Just when I thought it wasn't possible for Rebiff to create something even more hilariously stupid to cry about, he cries about the fact that the game discourages people from sitting in lone parties in SCs which serves literally no purpose except wanting to be difficult at the very best, and actively trying to disadvantage your own team at worst... My only regret is that I've seen enough of your videos that I even read this in your painfully droll voice
since you want to make it personal, atleast people watch my videos <3 unlike a certain someone lol
Lad your shite youtube channel gets as few views as mines does 🤣 Can't wait to see the 30 minute youtube docuseries for the 24 hours before you unlist it on how Wargrimnir and the RoR team are oppressing you by stopping you and the other few like minded selfish players on the server from making scenarios even more insufferable than they already are.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#34 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:26 pm

Minisynn wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:44 pm
Minisynn wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:54 am Just when I thought it wasn't possible for Rebiff to create something even more hilariously stupid to cry about, he cries about the fact that the game discourages people from sitting in lone parties in SCs which serves literally no purpose except wanting to be difficult at the very best, and actively trying to disadvantage your own team at worst... My only regret is that I've seen enough of your videos that I even read this in your painfully droll voice
since you want to make it personal, atleast people watch my videos <3 unlike a certain someone lol
Lad your shite youtube channel gets as few views as mines does 🤣 Can't wait to see the 30 minute youtube docuseries for the 24 hours before you unlist it on how Wargrimnir and the RoR team are oppressing you by stopping you and the other few like minded selfish players on the server from making scenarios even more insufferable than they already are.
sorry but i dont upload videos on that topic, and i only unlist videos after the problems are resolved as exclaimed in every video <3, my next video will likely be me farming u in the lakes AGAIN and getting another message from you complaining about it lmao, id say youre able to make a video on it though if you feel like, except noone will watch it 🤣

Minisynn

Post#35 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:33 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:26 pm

sorry but i dont upload videos on that topic, and i only unlist videos after the problems are resolved as exclaimed in every video <3, my next video will likely be me farming u in the lakes AGAIN and getting another message from you complaining about it lmao, id say youre able to make a video on it though if you feel like, except noone will watch it 🤣
You mean the comment I left on one of your videos that was clearly lighthearted about when you killed my lone engi in the lakes once two years ago when I first started the game? Okiedokie Rebiff, take your pills

https://imgur.com/LZWGFNh
Added a link to the comments from me that you're referring to themselves to show your comments are as full of shite as your videos are
Last edited by Minisynn on Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#36 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:34 pm

Minisynn wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:33 pm
ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:26 pm

You mean the comment I left on one of your videos that was clearly lighthearted about when you killed my lone engi in the lakes once two years ago when I first started the game? Okiedokie Rebiff, take your pills
your rr 70 engi on my rr 40 BO? yeah that one, oh but i guess you first started xD engi is such a hard class to master as well! wow! keep it coming clown lmao

sharpblader

Post#37 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:00 pm

Incoming thread lock?

Cyrylius

Post#38 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:13 am
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:50 am
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:36 am

I was playing dps wp and when there was nothing we could do as a team but get killed, i sneaked off and had some PvP in an PVP arena and got rewarded from it... Only thing im saying is that. If that happened in RoR exactly the same way but no objective points i would get 100 renown versus HUGE risk or not take the risk and just idle or die. I didnt leave the grps when PvP was good, i did it when there was NOTHING ELSE on the menu except idle or die. Im not saying that Solo should be rewarded more definetely not, but they shoould be rewarded With renown if they deserver it. RoR says it is not deserved and i Disagree=)
Or someone can log magus, join empty group and leech tons of rr spamming ranged dots, even though its made possible by everyone else playing the usual melee blob. Always think of potential to game the system, playing as a solo player gives you a lot of that. I'd rather have solo duellists get less rr than whole community to start cheesing discordant SCs and bringing only healers, ranged dps and stealthers.
It's interesting how badly someone can misunderstand you. Text communication... Ok=) Did you read something about leeching in my post? In 100's of scs where i was only one of our team getting kill or two and i was solo because as a grp we got farmed in our base... i got renown because they were Solo PVP kills in pvp arena. But doesnt matter youre gonna understand me wrong or say i said or meant this or that yada yada fukken yada.
Let me clear a misunderstanding here. I understood that you personally get solo kills and you want full credit for that. It's fine, and if that was the discussion I'd agree. It isn't, however. Your solution, while fixes your problem, generates another one that i just mentioned - and i can't shake off the feeling that i was, indeed, misunderstood when doing so. Some classes require more support, since (for example) they might be ranged or solo oriented, others more. I don't care about caseb you described, in entirely one sided scenario there's rarely many rr from kills in total. But for an even battle of praag one, any ranged can just leave the party and leech. Out of party healing similar, regen tanks too. I hope now i conveyed my point in a clearer and more understandable way.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Minisynn

Post#39 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:34 pm

sharpblader wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:00 pm Incoming thread lock?
If it does get locked becuase of me and Rebiff fighting it might be my single biggest contribution to RoR yet

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:39 pm

sharpblader wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:00 pm Incoming thread lock?
i planned on locking it myself since people cant stay on topic and-or have a meaningful discussion, but seems i'm unable to close it myself. and yes, i feel compelled to respond in kind lol