Recent Topics

Ads

Let the players play how they want, its a game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ReBiff
Suspended

Let the players play how they want, its a game

Post#1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 pm

Why is it that in scenarios if you're in a solo party you get 0 exp 0 renown with a message saying " Because you are choosing to play solo, you received no XP, Renown or drops from this player." ? why do ya'll have a fixation on hating a certain type of player? just let the player base play the game the way they want to play the game its already a small server why drive away more people? I understand not "rewarding" the player for playing solo such as giving extra bonuses, but why punish them by giving them nothing instead of just the normal rewards??? I can still get top protection, top healing, top damage, top objective in SCs solo, which i usually do.

Whats next? dungeons dont drop loot if you dont go in 2-2-2? Warbands wont get renown if not a full 24man of 2-2-2, Solo kills in rvr give no renown or EXP?

Like i understand you want the player base to play exactly how you want them to, but this is just ridiculous.

Also i know im going to get one response that says "well they do allow you to play solo, they just dont reward you for it!" , when in fact they punish you for it. Thats the same as saying "(insert country name here) allows you to murder people, they just dont reward you for it!".

i guess ill just ask, is it really better to have 300 people on the server of just people who just warband fight, or is it better to have 1000 people on a server with multiple playstyles

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Let the players play how they want, its a game

Post#2 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:14 pm

ReBiff wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 pm Why is it that in scenarios if you're in a solo party you get 0 exp 0 renown with a message saying " Because you are choosing to play solo, you received no XP, Renown or drops from this player." ? why do ya'll have a fixation on hating a certain type of player? just let the player base play the game the way they want to play the game its already a small server why drive away more people? I understand not "rewarding" the player for playing solo such as giving extra bonuses, but why punish them by giving them nothing instead of just the normal rewards??? I can still get top protection, top healing, top damage, top objective in SCs solo, which i usually do.

Whats next? dungeons dont drop loot if you dont go in 2-2-2? Warbands wont get renown if not a full 24man of 2-2-2, Solo kills in rvr give no renown or EXP?

Like i understand you want the player base to play exactly how you want them to, but this is just ridiculous.

Also i know im going to get one response that says "well they do allow you to play solo, they just dont reward you for it!" , when in fact they punish you for it. Thats the same as saying "(insert country name here) allows you to murder people, they just dont reward you for it!".

i guess ill just ask, is it really better to have 300 people on the server of just people who just warband fight, or is it better to have 1000 people on a server with multiple playstyles
+1 Never try to control RoR players preferred choice to play PvP by "allowing it to happen but no reward" kind of attitude is just baffling, no one wins with this kind of attitude, except someone who has srs Control/Self-esteem issues.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Detangler

Post#3 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:25 pm

I've never experienced this message before and I do a lot of solo queue scenarios....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Tuxedo013

Post#4 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:25 pm I've never experienced this message before and I do a lot of solo queue scenarios....
it only applies when you drop from parties rather then swithing to 1 out of 6 empty parties!

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm

ReBiff wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 pmWhy is it that in scenarios if you're in a solo party
Were you in a solo party or were you in no party at all?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:11 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 pm
ReBiff wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 pmWhy is it that in scenarios if you're in a solo party
solo party. this shouldnt be a question though, why does it matter in the first place? let.... the.... player.... play.... the.... way.... they.... want.... to.... play.

Kpi

Post#7 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:17 pm

ReBiff wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:11 pm
solo party. this shouldnt be a question though, why does it matter in the first place? let.... the.... player.... play.... the.... way.... they.... want.... to.... play.
If u are solo in a group, and there spot available in the groups Is very selfish that you don't fill that spot. You force healers to pay extra attention to you at the expense of their party.

So if you don't get anything, I see it VERY correct
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Well, I never help anyone playing on solo parties. If you want to play solo, the RvR lake is your place, not sc.

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 pm

I asked because one of the big differences is that if you're in no party at all then it is pretty much impossible for other players on your team to track you using the group unit frames, which makes healing and resses hard - if not impossible - to do without trying to click you in the world. As scenarios are group content where you are working together, it would almost be a form of sabotage to intentionally hide yourself from your team and make things more difficult overall for everyone.

As for why it applies in a party of one, perhaps it's something to do with how loot rewards work? War Crests from kills are randomised between the parties, but the party who did the most damage has a higher chance of getting the crest. Then, within the party each person has an equal chance of winning. By going into a solo party you are massively increasing your chances if getting the crest as if your group wins the initial roll, then you get to skip the second roll to see which group member gets the crest and you win it automatically.

Additionally - and I'm not 100% sure on how this works exactly so I could be wrong - XP and renown seem to get split between each member of the party (rather than being duplicated) so by going into your own group you would be getting a much bigger share of renown and XP while also depriving others of renown and XP that they would otherwise be entitled to, even though all 12 of you in the scenario are working towards kills.

Ultimately though, if you queue for scenarios then you are queueing for multiplayer team-based content where you have to work together to win. Dungeons are group content as well and while they do not enforce 2-2-2, they do require you to actually be in a group. The open world sandbox is a lot more forgiving and free than the rest of the content. Even without the loot/XP/renown issues, you are still sabotaging your own side by intentionally going into a party of 1 as it makes it harder - if not impossible - to get the benefit of your allies' buffs and protection, whether it be from friendly tanks and healers or even DPS that have group buffs.

Back on live, healers hiding themselves by going into a solo party or no party at all was one of the easiest ways of leeching excessive amounts of healing renown while making things tougher for your team overall.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Sinisterror

Post#10 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:52 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 pm

I asked because one of the big differences is that if you're in no party at all then it is pretty much impossible for other players on your team to track you using the group unit frames, which makes healing and resses hard - if not impossible - to do without trying to click you in the world. As scenarios are group content where you are working together, it would almost be a form of sabotage to intentionally hide yourself from your team and make things more difficult overall for everyone.

As for why it applies in a party of one, perhaps it's something to do with how loot rewards work? War Crests from kills are randomised between the parties, but the party who did the most damage has a higher chance of getting the crest. Then, within the party each person has an equal chance of winning. By going into a solo party you are massively increasing your chances if getting the crest as if your group wins the initial roll, then you get to skip the second roll to see which group member gets the crest and you win it automatically.

Additionally - and I'm not 100% sure on how this works exactly so I could be wrong - XP and renown seem to get split between each member of the party (rather than being duplicated) so by going into your own group you would be getting a much bigger share of renown and XP while also depriving others of renown and XP that they would otherwise be entitled to, even though all 12 of you in the scenario are working towards kills.

Ultimately though, if you queue for scenarios then you are queueing for multiplayer team-based content where you have to work together to win. Dungeons are group content as well and while they do not enforce 2-2-2, they do require you to actually be in a group. The open world sandbox is a lot more forgiving and free than the rest of the content. Even without the loot/XP/renown issues, you are still sabotaging your own side by intentionally going into a party of 1 as it makes it harder - if not impossible - to get the benefit of your allies' buffs and protection, whether it be from friendly tanks and healers or even DPS that have group buffs.

Back on live, healers hiding themselves by going into a solo party or no party at all was one of the easiest ways of leeching excessive amounts of healing renown while making things tougher for your team overall.
Back on live where your side was getting farmed in Sc's you could leave the grps, sneak away and get few solo kills, you could get HIGHESTA renown in that sc, probably would be. That is how it should be. That is Risk Reward not " I DONT LIKE THIS KIND OF PLAY BECAUSE IN MY MIND IT MEANS THIS AND ONLY THIS THING "< This huge RoR attitude and problem.

Edit; Kind off topic, but what was the addon that allowed you to res without los in AoR as long target was in range? Greater PvP resulted from this espesially in keeps and it sounds like a huge cheat im sure, but it was treated Like Enemy here if you are healer you "need" enemy.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz