Recent Topics

Ads

Let the players play how they want, its a game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
vanjelis

Re: Let the players play how they want, its a game

Post#21 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:50 am

Nice, that we can agree on. Maybe you can understand Bloodlord through my comparison about rewards for multiplayer content, not solo.

vanjelis wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:04 am It's a team game dude, if that's not your thing then move elsewhere.

This is the essence of my post though. Who hurt you?

Ads
wonshot

Post#22 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:23 am

Without knowing for sure why this "leave group" restriction was added on RoR. There were deffo times on Live where situations occured where greed killed the groupplay experience.

Example: Healing renown gain was much better on Live, and I often would join a pug sc on my RP main and be a soloplayer outside of group. I would still perform healing duties but because of how renown gain worked on heal-stealing rps out of the total rp pool per kill you would walk away with more renown than the people earning the kills, for just technically topping them off most of the time.

Since RoR is waaay more casual(friendly) than Live, I can kinda see why an even numbers fight like scenarios are trying to restrict players from taking some of the teamwork out of these more controled clashes. Contra orvr where you can be outnumbered, and get rewarded with AAO or run behind a warband/group and leech on other people fighting nearby for distraction or decoy.

if the root of the issue is there is lack of solo action on-demand, without commitment of having to guard or heal other people, maybe a 1v1 scenario could be requested. but holy moly a balancing issue that would be and probably a waste of dev hours for a very tiny minority of the playerbase.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

SuperStar

Post#23 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:19 am

ReBiff wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 pm Why is it that in scenarios if you're in a solo party you get 0 exp 0 renown with a message saying " Because you are choosing to play solo, you received no XP, Renown or drops from this player." ? why do ya'll have a fixation on hating a certain type of player? just let the player base play the game the way they want to play the game its already a small server why drive away more people? I understand not "rewarding" the player for playing solo such as giving extra bonuses, but why punish them by giving them nothing instead of just the normal rewards??? I can still get top protection, top healing, top damage, top objective in SCs solo, which i usually do.

Whats next? dungeons dont drop loot if you dont go in 2-2-2? Warbands wont get renown if not a full 24man of 2-2-2, Solo kills in rvr give no renown or EXP?

Like i understand you want the player base to play exactly how you want them to, but this is just ridiculous.

Also i know im going to get one response that says "well they do allow you to play solo, they just dont reward you for it!" , when in fact they punish you for it. Thats the same as saying "(insert country name here) allows you to murder people, they just dont reward you for it!".

i guess ill just ask, is it really better to have 300 people on the server of just people who just warband fight, or is it better to have 1000 people on a server with multiple playstyles

You only have to find 1 friend and go p6 renown will 🌧️.

Of course you will get some hate dm from tanks who never guard at all, dps healers, afkers, and naked lowbies.

Earthcake

Post#24 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:41 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:52 pm
Back on live where your side was getting farmed in Sc's you could leave the grps, sneak away and get few solo kills, you could get HIGHESTA renown in that sc, probably would be. That is how it should be. That is Risk Reward not " I DONT LIKE THIS KIND OF PLAY BECAUSE IN MY MIND IT MEANS THIS AND ONLY THIS THING "< This huge RoR attitude and problem.
And then everybody play dps cuz that s the way to get kills, and there are even less tanks/healers in the game...
Definitly NOT how it should be.

Sinisterror

Post#25 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:36 am

Earthcake wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:41 am
Back on live where your side was getting farmed in Sc's you could leave the grps, sneak away and get few solo kills, you could get HIGHESTA renown in that sc, probably would be. That is how it should be. That is Risk Reward not " I DONT LIKE THIS KIND OF PLAY BECAUSE IN MY MIND IT MEANS THIS AND ONLY THIS THING "< This huge RoR attitude and problem.
And then everybody play dps cuz that s the way to get kills, and there are even less tanks/healers in the game...
I was playing dps wp and when there was nothing we could do as a team but get killed, i sneaked off and had some PvP in an PVP arena and got rewarded from it... Only thing im saying is that. If that happened in RoR exactly the same way but no objective points i would get 100 renown versus HUGE risk or not take the risk and just idle or die. I didnt leave the grps when PvP was good, i did it when there was NOTHING ELSE on the menu except idle or die. Im not saying that Solo should be rewarded more definetely not, but they shoould be rewarded With renown if they deserver it. RoR says it is not deserved and i Disagree=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cyrylius

Post#26 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:50 am

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:36 am
I was playing dps wp and when there was nothing we could do as a team but get killed, i sneaked off and had some PvP in an PVP arena and got rewarded from it... Only thing im saying is that. If that happened in RoR exactly the same way but no objective points i would get 100 renown versus HUGE risk or not take the risk and just idle or die. I didnt leave the grps when PvP was good, i did it when there was NOTHING ELSE on the menu except idle or die. Im not saying that Solo should be rewarded more definetely not, but they shoould be rewarded With renown if they deserver it. RoR says it is not deserved and i Disagree=)
Or someone can log magus, join empty group and leech tons of rr spamming ranged dots, even though its made possible by everyone else playing the usual melee blob. Always think of potential to game the system, playing as a solo player gives you a lot of that. I'd rather have solo duellists get less rr than whole community to start cheesing discordant SCs and bringing only healers, ranged dps and stealthers.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sinisterror

Post#27 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:13 am

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:50 am
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:36 am

Or someone can log magus, join empty group and leech tons of rr spamming ranged dots, even though its made possible by everyone else playing the usual melee blob. Always think of potential to game the system, playing as a solo player gives you a lot of that. I'd rather have solo duellists get less rr than whole community to start cheesing discordant SCs and bringing only healers, ranged dps and stealthers.
It's interesting how badly someone can misunderstand you. Text communication... Ok=) Did you read something about leeching in my post? In 100's of scs where i was only one of our team getting kill or two and i was solo because as a grp we got farmed in our base... i got renown because they were Solo PVP kills in pvp arena. But doesnt matter youre gonna understand me wrong or say i said or meant this or that yada yada fukken yada.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

DaWolf

Post#28 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:18 am

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:08 am i like PVE the way it is currently, and i actively dispute people that want it to be bought with tokens <3
Why ? Let the players play how they want, its a game !

Ah-ah ! :D

Ads
Scottx125

Post#29 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:46 am

This game has never been about 1v1's. It's about PVP group play. I'm sorry, but if you're playing in a SC and you refuse to join a group that has an empty spot and decide to play in your own group. You're hurting the rest of the team by doing that, firstly because it forces healers to have to heal you out of party, secondly because you refuse any group based benefits the others bring which diminishes your effectiveness, weakening the team. And finally you deprive your group of any buffs you might bring. This isn't a solo friendly game and never will be.

I don't understand OP's issue. If there's a free spot, why not take it? Nothings stopping you from not buffing people (it would be a crappy thing to do). But sitting in your own party refusing to join another party just reeks of "No, I'm gonna sit here on my own because I want to play an MMO solo, I'm gonna refuse to help you and then moan about it when I don't get any reward because of how ridiculous and selfish I'm being". This has nothing to do with "Let me play how I want", you can play solo within a group, just focus on yourself. The fact that you want to isolate yourself from everyone is nuts.

But sure, re-enable rewards for single parties. But have it so if it's only 1 person in a party, they can't receive healing, shielding, any positive effects from any other group. And only get contribution for killing blows they make. That seems fair to me, you want it to be a solo game right? Earn the rewards on your own.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

bradbury111

Post#30 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:34 am

Are you talking about playstyle when already inside an sc?
There's only one mode for regular scenarios, and it's objective, it's not a free far all, you have to play with your group and work together for the objective. Take the spots are opened and play with and for the group.

The only case when you could be forced to play solo is when you're in a group without healers and/or tanks and you want to open a spot for them. In that case you can be forced or decide to play in a solo group for a better outcome.