Recent Topics

Ads

Let the players play how they want, its a game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gegga

Re: Let the players play how they want, its a game

Post#41 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:58 pm

ReBiff wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 pm Why is it that in scenarios if you're in a solo party you get 0 exp 0 renown with a message saying " Because you are choosing to play solo, you received no XP, Renown or drops from this player." ? why do ya'll have a fixation on hating a certain type of player? just let the player base play the game the way they want to play the game its already a small server why drive away more people? I understand not "rewarding" the player for playing solo such as giving extra bonuses, but why punish them by giving them nothing instead of just the normal rewards??? I can still get top protection, top healing, top damage, top objective in SCs solo, which i usually do.

Whats next? dungeons dont drop loot if you dont go in 2-2-2? Warbands wont get renown if not a full 24man of 2-2-2, Solo kills in rvr give no renown or EXP?

Like i understand you want the player base to play exactly how you want them to, but this is just ridiculous.

Also i know im going to get one response that says "well they do allow you to play solo, they just dont reward you for it!" , when in fact they punish you for it. Thats the same as saying "(insert country name here) allows you to murder people, they just dont reward you for it!".

i guess ill just ask, is it really better to have 300 people on the server of just people who just warband fight, or is it better to have 1000 people on a server with multiple playstyles
Dear selfish doo doo head, if you dont wanna play with the other children noone is forcing you too, just dont expect to get rewarded for being a selfish little epeen goblin. now go back to your corner and complain too yourself how unfair it is that not everyone gives you what you want.
Samson Biceps, famous egg.
Not toxic.

Ads
Gegga

Post#42 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:07 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:39 pm
sharpblader wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:00 pm Incoming thread lock?
i planned on locking it myself since people cant stay on topic and-or have a meaningful discussion, but seems i'm unable to close it myself. and yes, i feel compelled to respond in kind lol
"People are not agreeing with me, best lock the thread before i start questioning myself"
Not toxic.

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#43 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Gegga wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:07 pm
sharpblader wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:00 pm Incoming thread lock?
i planned on locking it myself since people cant stay on topic and-or have a meaningful discussion, but seems i'm unable to close it myself. and yes, i feel compelled to respond in kind lol
"People are not agreeing with me, best lock the thread before i start questioning myself"
have i been mentioning people not agreeing with me you simpleton, it has nothing to do with that, read my message again. im sorry you're too stupid to understand what i said but i guess ill spell it out.... Like this worthless comment you posted it has nothing to do with the original topic. the topic itself isnt being discussed, im just busy at this point responding to kids whos thought process consists of the span of 2 seconds who cant even read the previous messages. As much as i love calling stupid people stupid (such as yourself) the forum isnt the place for it, if you want to move it to Discord id be more than willing to join any server you want and embarrass your intelligence there instead.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#44 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:28 pm

Leaving threads open is a fun way to find out who wants to violate TOS and accumulate warnings. (not directed at anyone specific, just generally at thread participants pushing the line)

Be nice. You're not required to post here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gegga

Post#45 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:36 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:25 pm

have i been mentioning people not agreeing with me you simpleton, it has nothing to do with that, read my message again. im sorry you're too stupid to understand what i said but i guess ill spell it out.... Like this worthless comment you posted it has nothing to do with the original topic. the topic itself isnt being discussed, im just busy at this point responding to kids whos thought process consists of the span of 2 seconds who cant even read the previous messages. As much as i love calling stupid people stupid (such as yourself) the forum isnt the place for it, if you want to move it to Discord id be more than willing to join any server you want and embarrass your intelligence there instead.
well, let me start off by saying, if you wanna go solo, don't go into a scenario wich is a GROUP BASED ACTIVITY. you should recieve no rewards for being an, as previously stated, selfish doo doo head. the 0 renown/xp is there, and i am assuming here, to DISCOURAGE people from being selfish doo doo heads and ruining it for the other people in the scenario (this will happen anyway for other reasons). noone except you wants you to be in the group on your own(in this instance). you should get nothing for it seeing as you have a perfectly massive orvr zone to play solo in where you do get rewards. so go fish for youtube content in the lakes.
Not toxic.

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#46 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:50 pm

Gegga wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:36 pm

well, let me start off by saying, if you wanna go solo, don't go into a scenario wich is a GROUP BASED ACTIVITY. you should recieve no rewards for being an, as previously stated, selfish doo doo head. the 0 renown/xp is there, and i am assuming here, to DISCOURAGE people from being selfish doo doo heads and ruining it for the other people in the scenario (this will happen anyway for other reasons). noone except you wants you to be in the group on your own(in this instance). you should get nothing for it seeing as you have a perfectly massive orvr zone to play solo in where you do get rewards. so go fish for youtube content in the lakes.
again simpleton, i'm sorry you're too stupid to understand the concept. read the title of the post, Let the players play the game the way they want to play. If you dont like the way someone else plays the game, and you complain about it, guess what, youre crying to yourself. if i wanted some youtube content id title a video saying "Warhammer RoR where people cant understand a simple concept and hyperfocus on one thing" except that would be too long of a video title and you would get to the 3rd word and start mumbling to yourself while drooling in a bucket.

As i mentioned in the original post the problem isnt necessarily just scenarios, it is in the lakes as well, where you get less renown for kills based on if you're solo or not (or more specifically you get more renown for each person in your party) which causes the problem of why even take even fights, again this is just another example, do you need more? or have i lost you at this point. im sorry that i didnt provide you enough examples of devs limiting the playerbase on certain things (such as in the past where it took 28days to get a sentinel ring and is much better now).

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#47 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:28 pm Leaving threads open is a fun way to find out who wants to violate TOS and accumulate warnings. (not directed at anyone specific, just generally at thread participants pushing the line)

i feel required to respond with the same energy that comes at me.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#48 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:55 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:28 pm Leaving threads open is a fun way to find out who wants to violate TOS and accumulate warnings. (not directed at anyone specific, just generally at thread participants pushing the line)

And I have a limited amount of options for people that explicitly refuse to follow stated rules.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Sulorie

Post#49 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:55 pm

Your "energy" is beyond anyone else's. You could try to get your point across without using weak insults.

On your topic, I guess players don't always get what they want and they have to learn to accept it, especially if we talk about selfish wishes.
Having said that, I dropped group on losing SC on live as well to heal at times more than healers in group and getting huge rewards for it.
It felt nice and justified for having the most heal and why not renown boost your own realms healers but then again it is very thin ice to come here and demand something like that.
Dying is no option.

Minisynn

Post#50 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:07 pm

ReBiff wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:50 pm
Gegga wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:36 pm

again simpleton, i'm sorry you're too stupid to understand the concept. read the title of the post, Let the players play the game the way they want to play. If you dont like the way someone else plays the game, and you complain about it, guess what, youre crying to yourself. if i wanted some youtube content id title a video saying "Warhammer RoR where people cant understand a simple concept and hyperfocus on one thing" except that would be too long of a video title and you would get to the 3rd word and start mumbling to yourself while drooling in a bucket.

As i mentioned in the original post the problem isnt necessarily just scenarios, it is in the lakes as well, where you get less renown for kills based on if you're solo or not (or more specifically you get more renown for each person in your party) which causes the problem of why even take even fights, again this is just another example, do you need more? or have i lost you at this point. im sorry that i didnt provide you enough examples of devs limiting the playerbase on certain things (such as in the past where it took 28days to get a sentinel ring and is much better now).
He understands the concept; you want to be completely unimpeded to play the game however you want, regardless of whether or not your allies are going to be punished for it, or whether it impacts their experience in a negative way. Everyone in this thread understands what you're trying to say, they're just disagreeing with your suggestion - regardless of how much you want to spit the dummy at them for wording it harshly
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube