Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/11/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lithenir

Re: Patch Notes 25/11/2022

Post#11 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Elvicof wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:12 pm Would take game fixing and balance changes over another live event anyday, but guess you have to satisfy all the loot whores
Patience, young Padawan

ICYMI
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49541

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#12 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Roukino wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:07 pm May i ask if oRvR will have some love from devs soon ? it's kinda dead nowadays (one sided, nobody def structures anymore, zerg fiesta...).

Thanks for the event, even if i don't care at all about cosmetics, i know some players do :p
They're working on the ability system rework atm, more on the matter here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49541
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Roukino

Post#13 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 pm

I already know about that ty.
I'm more thinking about changes to encourage players to fight and defend structures. Nowadays, players only take fights they are almost sure to win.

Kpi

Post#14 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:03 pm

How will the new mount decay system affect mounts that are already in play, or still in bags?

ty
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#15 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Roukino wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 pm I already know about that ty.
I'm more thinking about changes to encourage players to fight and defend structures. Nowadays, players only take fights they are almost sure to win.
Not in the team anymore, but imo the whole game is super "loser" friendly.

Even if you lose, you win.

Your faction lose a zone lock ? you got renown and crests.
Losing a fort ? Same.
You take an empty BO ? Rewarded.
You gring back a box in an empty zone? Rewarded.
Your lose a Sc ? You get 3 tokens XP and renown, even if you .surrender.

Litteraly doing nothing a player is rewarded, just because he is online (almost).

Those last 6 years, the whole game progression has been facilitated to lift difference between who 'always win' (for orders, it is destro, for destro it is order). So what? :)

Fun point is the more a player can get doing the minimum, the less he do :). > Path of least resistance.
Fun point 2 is that if defeat takes sense, then player don't play (even if it is a number, on a board) > Ranked Scs.

Don't misundersand me, there are no repproaches against your post, but comes a moment where player must ask themself why they play a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME; and understand what it means.

Reward could be 1M anything for anything, problem would remain the same. Losers would like to have atleast the same thing a winner have (with less effort/organisation/communication/teamplay/strategy/putthetermyouprefer i assume).

It is all about willing to play with others to build something, having fun, whatever the place, the faction or the number. Reward must always be the trivial part and not the motive.

Since i left the team, i have lot of fun with a little group of players, even we lose a lot. We can be proud of some heroic actions in an ocean of defeats. Those are our rewards. :)

Ersobhir

Post#16 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:35 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:50 pm
Roukino wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 pm I already know about that ty.
Not in the team anymore, but imo the whole game is super "loser" friendly.

Even if you lose, you win.

Your faction lose a zone lock ? you got renown and crests.
Losing a fort ? Same.
You take an empty BO ? Rewarded.
You gring back a box in an empty zone? Rewarded.
Your lose a Sc ? You get 3 tokens XP and renown, even if you .surrender.

Litteraly doing nothing a player is rewarded, just because he is online (almost).

Those last 6 years, the whole game progression has been facilitated to lift difference between who 'always win' (for orders, it is destro, for destro it is order). So what? :)

Fun point is the more a player can get doing the minimum, the less he do :). > Path of least resistance.
Fun point 2 is that if defeat takes sense, then player don't play (even if it is a number, on a board) > Ranked Scs.

Don't misundersand me, there are no repproaches against your post, but comes a moment where player must ask themself why they play a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME; and understand what it means.

Reward could be 1M anything for anything, problem would remain the same. Losers would like to have atleast the same thing a winner have (with less effort/organisation/communication/teamplay/strategy/putthetermyouprefer i assume).

It is all about willing to play with others to build something, having fun, whatever the place, the faction or the number. Reward must always be the trivial part and not the motive.

Since i left the team, i have lot of fun with a little group of players, even we lose a lot. We can be proud of some heroic actions in an ocean of defeats. Those are our rewards. :)
Well... Quite of off-topic came ;)
IMHO it is very complicated and sensitive case. I agree that it is MMO and should deliver massive content for those who are into game (such an organisation, communication, delivering results) which is linked to rewards.
But... (everything is irrelevant before but)
... it is short recipe to kill the game, as most of people don't like to lose. At the beginning they will quit weaker team and start joining winning team. Then it is prevailing team vs few of enthusiasts, so winning team is quiting game because of lack of challenge. After a while there is no Karaz-a-Karak server and it is merged, to be finally dead game.

So from psychological case study, giving a reward to loosing team is great idea, to keep balance somehow alive.
Lucky we are not in early XXI that game are dedicated for hardcore players.
If I didn't have chance to reach players who are since ages in game or playing much more than I, what purpose to be better I could have?

Aethilmar

Post#17 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:12 pm

Ah....there is the mount power creep I was expecting during the last event with the new decay timers. Just got delayed a bit.

Gangan

Post#18 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:34 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:12 pm Ah....there is the mount power creep I was expecting during the last event with the new decay timers. Just got delayed a bit.
What mount power creep? Oo
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#19 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Gangan wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:34 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:12 pm Ah....there is the mount power creep I was expecting during the last event with the new decay timers. Just got delayed a bit.
What mount power creep? Oo
Well unless they just didn't update the descriptions, reward mounts are 70/45 with increased longevity at higher RR.

100g mounts are 60/55.

wonshot

Post#20 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:50 pm

Very nice and interesting take on experimenting with new Tradeskill proffesions!

And nice with video toturial explaining it!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO